bought this truck today

I spend close to 300 nights a year in hotel rooms. The last fucking place in the world I want to be at on my vacation is in a hotel. Hence, why I am setting my 4 door Jeep JK up for overlanding/expedition. Speaking of which, this shit just got dropped off by UPS at my hotel. At least I was nice enough to not make the 90 pound front desk girl have to deal with it and I waited outside for Brown to show up.

2.5" Metalcloak Overland Rocksport Elite Lift Kit and full Metalcloak Undercloak skid plate system. Thank god I am driving tomorrow to go look at a job about an hour away from where I live so I'm just gonna go ahead and drop this shit off at home while I am that close. No way I'm lugging this shit to my room and I'm not leaving it in the back of my truck while driving around lovely Chicago for the next 3 weeks.

Apparently Chicago is on the equator and everything is sideways.

Fuck.
Is that a firestik?

I spend close to 300 nights a year in hotel rooms. The last fucking place in the world I want to be at on my vacation is in a hotel. Hence, why I am setting my 4 door Jeep JK up for overlanding/expedition. Speaking of which, this shit just got dropped off by UPS at my hotel. At least I was nice enough to not make the 90 pound front desk girl have to deal with it and I waited outside for Brown to show up.

2.5" Metalcloak Overland Rocksport Elite Lift Kit and full Metalcloak Undercloak skid plate system. Thank god I am driving tomorrow to go look at a job about an hour away from where I live so I'm just gonna go ahead and drop this shit off at home while I am that close. No way I'm lugging this shit to my room and I'm not leaving it in the back of my truck while driving around lovely Chicago for the next 3 weeks.

Fuck.
Is that a Fairfield Inn?

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
I have this great vacation idea called airlines & Ritz Carlton.
I no desire to drag a hotel room around with me any more.
Hellz yeah! I think I did the camper thing once when I was a teenager. Was it fun? Yes. Would I ever do it again? No.

TomC

uppity neobarb
Added set of air bags and a cold air intake with new 100k air filter from FB Market place for $250 total. I know douche bag.

TomC

uppity neobarb

Fuck.
pics

ysr50

Donator
if someone doesn’t have the hobby of “off-roading” but used the truck like a truck and not a Jeep is that OK.
No. Your truck would be much happier if you hadn't put all of that make-up on it.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
That truck is screaming for a real dog. Not that fluffy fruity thing pictured.

TomC

uppity neobarb
No. Your truck would be much happier if you hadn't put all of that make-up on it.
Wasn’t asking you “Mr I have to tell everyone I have a lot of money every 2nd post I make.”

ysr50

Donator
Wasn’t asking you “Mr I have to tell everyone I have a lot of money every 2nd post I make.”
I think you misunderstood my post, it had nothing to do with money. You've done every cheap (relatively speaking) modification that you can get your hands on to your truck, and it's no more capable than it was when you bought it. But if it makes you happy who am I to judge?

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Kick ass rig. That rack is the bee's knees.
I am going to be getting an ARB 50 Fridge/Freezer and putting it on the Adventure Trails ARB sliding mount. It will fit under that rack with about two inches to spare. http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/Combo-Slide.html

That will leave plenty of room on the side for all the other camping equipment and stuff. I really wish I had been driving it on this last trip for work in Arizona since on my return trip home I drove through Moab Utah.........again........

if someone doesn’t have the hobby of “off-roading” but used the truck like a truck and not a Jeep is that OK.
You went thru an awful lot of money, and added a bunch of weight to make it look tough(gay), and then say how awesome it is at going to home depot. I don't get it.

TomC

uppity neobarb
You went thru an awful lot of money, and added a bunch of weight to make it look tough(gay), and then say how awesome it is at going to home depot. I don't get it.
You were the one to post the "mall rated" pic. All I have done is put some bumpers and light bubs and a few silly things on the truck, less than $3000. I have not posted about lifts, coil overs, big mud tires and what not. Trucks only job is to drive around my property, pull 8500# camper, and look cool. latest thing as of today.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
I am going to be getting an ARB 50 Fridge/Freezer and putting it on the Adventure Trails ARB sliding mount. It will fit under that rack with about two inches to spare. http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/Combo-Slide.html

That will leave plenty of room on the side for all the other camping equipment and stuff. I really wish I had been driving it on this last trip for work in Arizona since on my return trip home I drove through Moab Utah.........again........

I'm also going to be getting the Maximus-3 roof rack. https://www.rubitrux.com/maximus-3-rhino-rack-roof-rack.html

I already have their stinger bar on the front and their modular tire carrier on the rear.
https://www.rubitrux.com/maximus-3-hard-rock-10a-x-rubicon-modular-rear-tire-carrier.html
Well, I got the ARB 50 fridge freezer. Also got the insulation jacket for it. Testing it out in my hotel room where I am at.

I also got the Maximus-3 roof rack.

Going to see if the weather will cooperate so I can get this shit installed when I gt home next week.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Got my roof rack installed today. I’m glad I did all the prep work and headliner cutting and bracket installing yesterday. Saved me a lot of time getting this thing lined up and the holes drilled in the roof.

And yes, the freedom panels still can be removed. It’s tight, but they come out.

Also, when I did this I had to take out the side saddle molle pattern .50 cal ammo can holders that hold my air hose, soft shackles and other small pieces of recovery gear.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
ARB fridge freezer and fridge slide will go in later this week if the weather cooperates.

TomC

uppity neobarb

Did this cause Toyota audio blows dicks.

installed remote start because it's hot.

ysr50

Donator

Did this cause Toyota audio blows dicks.

installed remote start because it's hot.
Does the skull on your dashboard make the truck faster, or cross streams better? My truck came with remote start, it is a blessing as long as you remember to use it.