Boy Butter guy and some 'mo blogger upset at the boys

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
They got their product on the front page of a web site read by their target demo, and O&A got some press too.
Carnies, the lot of them. Same for any corporate outrage, it's the new way to advertise.

The Keeed

Nov 20, 2006
Then, at 3:19, is that a “faggot”-bomb tossed from a caller or is it just us? Naturally, when Eyal Feldman, the owner of Boy Butter, found out, he was enraged
Ugh

Dec 12, 2007
O&A's core audience are guys who want to look at tits and pussy, how don't the gays get that?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I commented.

John Doe said:
I'm gay and I'm an Opie & Anthony fan so let me weigh in on this.

1) O&A didn't take ad money from Boy Butter; SiriusXM did. O&A know that their core audience is comprised of straight guys who might be a bit put off by the ads. However, that's not their main concern. Their main concern is that being sponsored by a lube company will make the show seem like a niche show instead the mainstream show they want it to be.

2) Opie, Anthony, and Jim Norton are all on record as both supporting gay marriage and despising genuinely homophobic people. Those views should be more important than comments made in humor.

3) As QUINTessential said, you have the option to stop listen if something offends you.

4) Stop complaining about gay bashing when it comes to humor. Your time would be much better spent going after Barack Obama for not supporting gay marriage and Mitt Romney for doing a 180-degree turn on gay issues.

Dec 12, 2007
Their main concern is that being sponsored by a lube company will make the show seem like a niche show instead the mainstream show they want it to be.
Thats the long and short of it. They took it as insulting that this was the best Gary and Steve Pissholder could come up with.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
The injuns should be way more offended than the queers. Ant crossed the line with his crude impression of a Native American.

Dec 12, 2007
The injuns should be way more offended than the queers. Ant crossed the line with his crude impression of a Native American.
I agree, when he called them buffalo fucking arrow chuckers he crossed the line.

DrunkInToronto

Mar 21, 2008
Toronto, ON
The blogger, Evan Mulvihill, claims he is going to be on an XM show tomorrow. I'd love to hear Lyle Chipperson call in.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
They are complaining about the use of the word queer on a website called QUEERty.com. 'Nuff said.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I tend to zone out during the commercials or stop listening altogether but I still never heard the ad in the first place. Id like to hear them fuck with whatever show the mo is going to be on but that will never ever happen.

Dare to dream, though.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
They are complaining about the use of the word queer on a website called QUEERty.com. 'Nuff said.
Not only are they sexually confused, they're befuddled about what kind of keyboard they're using.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Someone is posting as TurkFebruary and some moron is attacking AH over his Obama stance.

djeter220

User that is Registered.
May 17, 2007
Thats the long and short of it. They took it as insulting that this was the best Gary and Steve Pissholder could come up with.
I got why O&A (mostly Opie from what I recall) were put off somewhat by their channel being associated with gay lube, but I didn't get why they (opie) demanded it be pulled. Jim made a good point that they were good people to pair with because, like Steven Singer, they wouldn't bail if controversy arose. I've always been surprised at how low rent and "not mainstream" most of the ads and their companies were, and if this queerty guy wanted he could easily point out the hypocrisy in that.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
In the end (GETIT!?) didn't they say that in a way Boy Butter was a good company for them because they wouldn't get all bitchy and threaten boycotts and bad publicity like a more mainstream company?

Oops.

Oh, and reading the quote of the blog post...

"faggot-bomb"

Ugggggh. That's terrible, I'm sorry.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Someone is posting as TurkFebruary and some moron is attacking AH over his Obama stance.
I haven't even checked the comments since I posted. Things might get ugly. If that happens, we may have another Greta swarm.

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
I got why O&A (mostly Opie from what I recall) were put off somewhat by their channel being associated with gay lube, but I didn't get why they (opie) demanded it be pulled.
Opie's probably trying to get something going with the sales department. Forcing advertisers out so sales is compelled to find new ones, since sales won't work beyond selling what's required to whomever's willing to pay.

That, and the guys are still varying degrees of homophobic.

Edited: Just read the article and comments. I feel like the commentors aren't fake-outraged or calling for the firing of O&A. Even the article, while douchy at times, is just a guy's editorial of the situation. Turk February threw words in some guy's mouth who was being calm and reasonable about the whole matter. AH comes off well trying to explain it, and everyone sort of accepts it.

Maybe comments were deleted, or I missed something big, but this seems like a non issue?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Oh boy.

@John Doe: Since when hasn’t Obama supported Gay Marriage? Just because it isn’t legal yet doesn’t mean he isn’t supportive you sick twisted piece of shit.
@TitsyMcgee:
Why am I a sick, twisted piece of shit? Because I don’t agree with Obama? Because I’m not a liberal-by-default gay guy? (For the record, I’m a libertarian; vote for Gary Johnson.) Here’s your boy saying that “marriage is the union between a man and a woman”. Think before type (and vote).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
Not in any significant way.
No, but in the way where being associated with a gay product like Boy Butter could make them uneasy enough to have it thrown off. How long have they gone on satellite without a legitimate advertiser? Have they ever made a push to have ads thrown off that could potentially defraud listeners?

Also, just saw that guy who called you twisted for accurately portraying Obama's position on gay marriage. Yikes