Boy Meets World Returning to Television

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-boy-meets-world--sequel-scoop--cory-turns-into-mr--feeny-.html

• TVLine.com - "Boy Meets World" stars Rider Strong, Danielle Fishel, Ben Savage, and Will Friedle (from left)
Children of the ‘90s have been buzzing since Disney Channel announced last week they’ll be updating the hit ABC sitcom “Boy Meets World,” focusing on a grown-up and married Cory and Topanga raising their teen daughter. (Yes, they’re old enough now to have a teen daughter… feeling ancient yet?) And now comes word that the new-look series centers on an ironic twist: The adult Cory, who famously irritated his crusty old teacher Mr. Feeny as a kid, is now… a seventh-grade history teacher!
Yes, TVLine confirms that Cory will be following in his old nemesis’s scholarly footsteps, teaching history to his 13-year-old daughter Riley and her peers. And though original series stars Ben Savage (Cory) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga) have yet to sign on to reprise their roles, this recent tweet from Fishel sounds promising: “Just want you guys to know that @BenSavage and I have talked and we've decided... Thanksgiving is going to be delicious this year!” (Way to keep us dangling, Danielle.)
Of course, this is just the latest retro-nostalgic reboot to hit TV screens, following the recent revivals of “90210” and “Dallas,” with original stars like Shannen Doherty and Larry Hagman continuing their iconic roles. And we can’t help but notice that the man who played Mr. Feeny, TV veteran William Daniels, is still active on the small screen, having guest starred on “Grey’s Anatomy” earlier this year. Does the school where Cory’s teaching need a superintendent, perhaps?

"Boy Meets World" fans, what do you want to see on the new Disney Channel update? Let us know in the comments.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Ya know, I'd actually take a peek. Liked the original.

AlanSmithee

Oct 11, 2012
Topenga was number one in my spank bank growing up. Those tits.. those eyes.. god damn!!

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Ive caught some reruns on early weekend mornings and wow does that show not hold up. The shitty later episodes where they were in college anyway.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Topenga was number one in my spank bank growing up. Those tits.. those eyes.. god damn!!
I was never on the Topenga band wagon. Even as a kid I thought she was a bit too meaty.

Did like her tits, though.

Dec 12, 2007
I never liked this show, I saw it along the same lines as blossom.

AlanSmithee

Oct 11, 2012
I was never on the Topenga band wagon. Even as a kid I thought she was a bit too meaty.

Did like her tits, though.
I've always had a thing for girls who were a little meaty. Not.. fat but a lil extra meat on them bones.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I've always had a thing for girls who were a little meaty. Not.. fat but a lil extra meat on them bones.
Yeah, I'm just the opposite. I trend toward the Portman/Knightley types.

Dec 12, 2007
It's a very fine line but the one's who hit that sweet spot look fucking amazing.

There was a girl I went to school with named Nicole and I had so many **** dreams about her. I had zero chance of getting her unless I wanted to stash a body in the woods. God she was hot...

AlanSmithee

Oct 11, 2012
Yeah, I'm just the opposite. I trend toward the Portman/Knightley types.
I've gone out with ultra skinny girls who were pretty and they just never did it for me. They were high maintenance with bad attitudes and lacked sexual skills i was looking for in a partner. Girls who are too into themselves will not give that extra effort in and out of the bedroom. Give me a girl with a pretty face, big tits/ass and 10 pounds to lose and i'm in love :)

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
It's kind of funny my sister and i were just talking about this show, and she was commenting how it should come back. THE VERY NEXT DAY this news broke.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I liked how Eric was a stoner without them coming out and saying that he's a stoner.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I liked how Eric was a stoner without them coming out and saying that he's a stoner.
That was one of the things that still annoys me about that show, he went from a wiser older brother to a complete tool. His stupidity just angered me.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
That was one of the things that still annoys me about that show, he went from a wiser older brother to a complete tool. His stupidity just angered me.
He found weed. What did you want from him?

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
He found weed. What did you want from him?
I guess I hold my late 90s childrens programming to a unrealistically high standard. One of my fatal flaws I suppose.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I guess I hold my late 90s childrens programming to a unrealistically high standard. One of my fatal flaws I suppose.
And it's not realistic for a teenager to find the sweet green bud and become a burn out?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I always hated it when sitcoms made one of their characters so stupid, they basically became real life cartoon characters. It happened on Boy Meets World, The Drew Carey Show (Lewis and Oswald) and before it was cancelled, My Name Is Earl (Randy).

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I always hated it when sitcoms made one of their characters so stupid, they basically became real life cartoon characters. It happened on Boy Meets World, The Drew Carey Show (Lewis and Oswald) and before it was cancelled, My Name Is Earl (Randy).
Wasn't Randy always retarded? And by retarded, I mean actually mentally challenged.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
And it's not realistic for a teenager to find the sweet green bud and become a burn out?
Realistic, sure, but it still annoyed the piss out of me to have him take such a 180 to become the retard "comic relief" type characters on a show that tended to be more witty than slapstick for most of its run. That and why didnt Feeny ever stay in one place to try to get tenured? He made some really silly career choices. And finally, if this show doesnt explain what actually happened to Mr. Turner I would find it a disappointment.

I have said way too much...

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Realistic, sure, but it still annoyed the piss out of me to have him take such a 180 to become the retard "comic relief" type characters on a show that tended to be more witty than slapstick for most of its run. That and why didnt Feeny ever stay in one place to try to get tenured? He made some really silly career choices. And finally, if this show doesnt explain what actually happened to Mr. Turner I would find it a disappointment.

Mr. Turner got into a motorcycle accident. And I believe in the high school graduation episode, Minkus made his first appearance since disappearing from the Elementary School years and said that he and Mr. Turner were in the other part of the school that we never see.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys

He turned intellectual again and became a teacher I thought later in the show...

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Mr. Turner got into a motorcycle accident. And I believe in the high school graduation episode, Minkus made his first appearance since disappearing from the Elementary School years and said that he and Mr. Turner were in the other part of the school that we never see.
I remember the accident but he was never brought up again. Good call on the Minkus reference, I never saw that episode.

Skip to the 2 minute mark.