Boy Scout thwarts attempted assassination of Maldives' president

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Boy Scout thwarts attempted assassination of Maldives' president

On Tuesday, a 15-year-old boy from the Maldives prevented a would-be assassin from stabbing the country's president during a stop in the north of the archipelago. The boy, Mohammed Jaisham Ibrahim, dressed in full Boy Scout uniform, was waiting to shake the hand of the president, Maumoon Gayoom, as he greeted a crowd.
Suddenly an attacker with a knife wrapped in the Maldivian flag shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is great") before lunging at the president. The Boy Scout saw what was happening, and reached out to stop the attacker when his hand was injured by the knife. In doing this, the boy saved the president's life, but did manage to splatter some blood on the president's shirt. The boy has promised to pay for the dry cleaning. (Only kidding.)
Newspapers throughout the country praised the boy's courage and heroism. One paper had the headline: "Jaisham our national hero saves the president."
That is going to be one bad-ass merit badge.
More coverage here and here.
http://www.gadling.com/2008/01/09/boy-scout-thwarts-attempted-assassintion-of-maldives-president/

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Totally. I know absolutely nothing about that country, but I do know that that boy is a fuckin' rockstar now. The president of said country should do whatever it takes to help him out in the near future at least as far as higher education and a future career goes.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Well that is an automatic Eagle scout there..
and fulfilled these two criteria of the scouts:

Scout Motto
Be Prepared
Scout Slogan
Do a Good Turn Daily

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Unfortunately, it also means that he is now the #1 target for the Muslim whackjobs.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
oh im sure that he will be rewarded with a shinny new M16 when he turns 16, and a new snazzy blue cammo outfit, that part of the world is in quite the turmoil.