Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Boy's Family Settles Cheerleading Dispute
Settlement Reached In 2-Year-Old
Disputehttp://www.kctv5.com/news/15016518/detail.html

POSTED: 7:10 pm CST January 9, 2008
GLENDALE, Ky. -- Bobby Thorn wanted to be the only boy on his school's cheerleading squad, but that didn't happen.

The 13-year-old attends East Hardin Middle School in Glendale, but the controversial decision to cut him from the team expands beyond the district's boundaries, reported Louisville, Ky., TV station WLKY.

Bobby's mother filed a discrimination claim with the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights two years ago, and now a settlement has been reached.

Bobby works with coach Jen Brewer at a gym called Becca's Fliptown, something he's been doing since he was about 5. He's been successful, too, winning trophies for gymnastics and cheerleading.

"Bobby's phenomenal," Brewer said. "You don't have this kind of kid with this kind of potential walk in your gym every day."

With his award-winning experience, Bobby tried out for the cheerleading team at East Hardin, but there was a twist: He was the only boy trying to make it.

Despite his flips, his tryout was a flop. He didn't make the team.

"I was devastated," he said.

So was Bobby's mother, Melissa Barner, who said she has sworn statements from other parents stating the coach admitted cutting Bobby because she didn't want a boy on her team.

What especially bothers her is the coach was also the school's human resources counselor.

"I teach my children not to discriminate and when he had it done at a school where he is supposed to be safe and protected, I had to protect my child," she said.

In the settlement agreement, the school admits no wrongdoing but the commission has ordered mandatory training for the principal, teachers and coaches at the school.

In addition, school administrators must submit an annual report to the commission for the next three years and include any additional complaints.

The school also agreed to pay $3,000 to Bobby's mother.

"It was a long process, but I knew in my heart I did the right thing for my child to tell him not to back down," Barner said.

"This settlement was made in the interest of children, to keep our staff teaching children instead of participating in a lengthy trial," said Hardin County Public Schools representative Dick Thornton.

"It felt great," Bobby said.

Since his disappointment in sixth grade, Bobby hasn't tried out for the cheerleading squad in seventh or eighth grade, but may do it in high school.

As for the woman who cut him from the team, she is no longer the cheerleading coach.
Where's the kid's father or some male figure to tell him to stop being a faggot and play football?

Six-Pack

Feb 25, 2004
Bobby works with coach Jen Brewer at a gym called Becca's Fliptown, something he's been doing since he was about 5
Where's the kid's father
He left 11 years ago, according to my math

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
We had a male cheerleader when I was in high school in Allen, Texas. His name was Glenn (no joke on GD, it really was his name), and he was an afiminant self proclaimed homo who seriously wanted to be a cheerleader. It wasn't a "spotter" or "thrower" type of thing either, he wore short shorts and did the awkward fist in the air shit with glitter and Eagle temp tattoos on his face, the whole 9.

His parking spot was next to mine our senior year... Seemed like a pretty nice/smart guy even though he was a homo. Of course, I still called him a homo to my team mates, because hey, we were hetero and did hetero things, and he was a faggot.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Tonight on a very special Lifetime Original Movie. A boy who wanted to cheer for his school. An administration steeped in prejudice. And a mother unwilling to give up. "No Cheers for Bobby" tonight on Lifetime.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
2 types of male cheerleaders, the kind that Voss's Tumor talks about - girly fags, of the ones you see on ESPN college cheerleading competitiions.

These dudes are all ripped, throw bitches around for fun, probably fuck most of the women on the team, and get to look up their skirts.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
My name is Bobby and I like fing-er nail polishhh.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
FYI if you are a male cheerleader, and you are good at it you can get a full boat scholarship to a lot of good schools...of course what is the point if you still want to bang the punter...

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Where's the kid's father or some male figure to tell him to stop being a faggot and play football?
Yeah, so they can wear spandex, slap another man's ass for a job well done and then shower together after getting all sweaty on that gridiron field.

That's how men do it...

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Didn't do much kicking did he.

Yeah, so they can wear spandex, slap another man's ass for a job well done and then shower together after getting all sweaty on that gridiron field.

That's how men do it...
They're homoeroticism is manly, you're just jealous.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!

/slap

WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Listen... You guys are missing the obvious. Maybe he's not a fag...

This kid could be a fucking genius. What a better way to line yourself up to get first crack at banging cheerleaders in high school? Not everyone's going to be an all-star quarterback. You gotta use what you got.

Brilliant, I say.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Eh, maybe he's gay, maybe he's not.

But it about time the uppity cunts of the world got the shit thrown back in their face. How many times has a girl sued to get on a football team or something... and everyone comes out of the woodwork to say how evil men are for wanting just guys on the team.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Listen... You guys are missing the obvious. Maybe he's not a fag...

This kid could be a fucking genius. What a better way to line yourself up to get first crack at banging cheerleaders in high school? Not everyone's going to be an all-star quarterback. You gotta use what you got.

Brilliant, I say.
Especially if he gets to shower with them.

What chick is going to say no when she sees what you're packing..."whaa"