Bradley County teacher suspected of relationship with student, 15

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

A high school teacher has been fired after allegedly having a sexual relationship with one of her 15-year-old students.

Christie David, 32, of Cleveland, Tenn. was indicted by a grand jury and arrested on Tuesday, according to the Times Free Press.

Details of the relationship were not released by authorities, but the Cleveland Daily Banner reports that David was fired from her job as a language arts teacher at Walker Valley High School after she was arrested on a charge of sexual battery by an authority figure.

The Daily Mail reports that police started investigating David after receiving a tip in late September. David is married and, in addition to her job at Walker Valley High, she also reportedly taught a spin class at her local YMCA.

When the Daily Mail placed a call to the YMCA, the person who answered seemed startled by the accusations.

"Are you sure you are asking for the right person?" she said. "That doesn't sound like the Christie David I know."

David started working at Walker Valley High in October 2011.
Link

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You know, they never mention the student's gender.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
What I want to know is how do you even get to the point where you are talking to the teacher outside of school? Like how does the teacher get your cell number or how do you get hers? I wasn't exactly smooth with women when I was 15, I don't think I could have made it happen if she was throwing me all kinds of signs that she wanted it.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
What I want to know is how do you even get to the point where you are talking to the teacher outside of school? Like how does the teacher get your cell number or how do you get hers? I wasn't exactly smooth with women when I was 15, I don't think I could have made it happen if she was throwing me all kinds of signs that she wanted it.
Around here if you're involved in clubs or sports, it's very possible to talk to teachers outside of school. One of our ag teachers use to let some students keep there fair animals at her house, so they would be over at her house all the time after school and on weekends. I use to meet at the long-distance running coach's house during track season (and even during the summer when I wasn't working) on weekends for conditioning, and there were a couple of times I was the only one who showed up so it was just the two of us. Unfortunately she wasn't very attractive. If the teacher is an adviser for some project or group, it's extremely likely that they would exchange phone numbers with students... at least in a small town like the one I grew up in.

I also think part of it is that teachers seem to be much younger these days, and while I was going to school the girls in the teaching programs were the sluttiest ones around.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I fail to see a crime here. Go jury nullification!