Breaking bad

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
I can't believe no one started a thread about this show. I watched the pilot last week and imedietly set my DVR to record the season. After Ron and Fez had the writer in I figured this would be somthting to keep watching. It is one of the best shows I've seen. I just finished watching the second episode and I am still laughing. Godamn I love this show. It's alot better than any show I've ever seen.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I just watched the 1st episode last night, and I have the 2nd on TiVo and will watch it very shortly. I'm hooked after just the 1st episode, this looks like a phenomenal show.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
Jul 1, 2005
Corona, CA
Saw the first one, and have the second recorded. It was hard to see Malcolm's dad as anyone else, but I'll probably get over that :)

Nitetrane

Give me Pat from Moonachie!
Oct 9, 2005
Eastern Oregon... like you care
I totally forgot about this show till Cranston came on R&F, saw the pilot and tonights 2nd episode, dang is this a great show, had me laughing and rewinding lines back and forth. That recording msg of Jesse's, that had me ROLLING! I love this show, definately one to follow! Spread the word, ya heard!!

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I saw the first episode the other day (Im almost a week behind on DVR viewing) and I enjoyed it. I DVRed the second episode but probably wont get to it for at least a few days.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I watched the second episode but missed the first. I was going to create a thread if there was none. Great show. Reminds me of Weeds without the comic relief. Sure there some humor but it stays consistantly dark and doesn't break mold.

No spoiler tag knowledge but...

Man, when he took the guy and did that thing with the stuff in the thing... I just knew the results were going to be extremely fucked up. And boy was that payoff good.

EvilMonkey71

Blurka Blurka Blurka
Sep 6, 2006
Flemington,NJ
I watched the pilot and set up a season pass on my tivo when I was done. Haven't seen the second episode yet, but so far I'm liking the show.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I liked when he was mixing the ingredients and he said to his partner, "Can you give me a schtickel of fluoride?"

And you're right. It was great when the stuff in the thing did the thing, downstairs. Gimme those ribs.

DrumCorpsAlum

is an asshole
Apr 14, 2007
Camden, SC
Just downloaded and watched on iTunes. Amazing performance from Cranston. I'm hooked after the pilot.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
It's on OnDemand here, I watched the first 2 episodes. It's a really good show. I can see it getting pretty dark and violent pretty quick.

DrumCorpsAlum

is an asshole
Apr 14, 2007
Camden, SC
Why is the third episode not on iTunes yet? I missed it Sunday night because I'm whipped and was on the phone with my girlfriend.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Superbowl delayed it.
Was the episode on? my tivo didnt record it, but I just assumed no one would be stupid enough to run anything of substance opposite the super bowl.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I do really like certain parts of it, but there were parts of the pilot that made me hate it so much I really felt like shutting it off.

The fact that he is this bright science teacher, who we see a plaque on the wall showing how he worked on a project that won a Nobel prize of some sort, but then we're supposed to believe that he works part time in a car wash where he is forced to dry cars. It really bothered me.

In this day of hyper competitive students trying to compete, we're really supposed to believe this bright guy can't get a job tutoring kids in any subject for over $40 bucks a session? It pulled me out of it so much, just so they can force down our throats how hard the middle class has it. I get it, I know from experience, but make it more real, why not just show that he has to do things for his handicapped son. We all understand the trap of credit cards and having a relative with health problems, it's enough.

Maybe if he's not bright enough to figure out how to make extra money legally that isn't from some crap minimum wage job he deserves the problems he's in the middle of.

Maybe I was expecting it to be a little bit more like Weeds and I'm not sure I like how dark it has gone already. I heard this first season was seven episodes and with how dark it is already I wonder how much longer it can go on for.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Id heard that it was seven eps, too, but then Id read that there were supposed to be two or three more but filming was halted because of the strike.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Anyone else watched last night's episode?

I thought it's still going pretty good for being the third episode in.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
It's looking like he won't make it to episode 5 the way he is headed.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
It's looking like he won't make it to episode 5 the way he is headed.
That's my problem with it, it just seems like there's going to be nowhere left to go.

I think some network/studio people want shit answered way too quick nowadays.

A good show should always have unanswered questions that keep it going. Whether it's what the fuck is the deal with the island on Lost, or when is Ross going to finally settle down with Rachel. When those are answered the shows done. Breaking Bad just seems to be moving at an accelerated almost movie speed of trying to get to where it's at.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
The dude has fatal cancer. How do you stretch that into a multi-season arc?

The problem with TV is they want series that go on forever.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Maybe his son can take over the family business. Here, hold this so it gets stirred.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
The dude has fatal cancer. How do you stretch that into a multi-season arc?

The problem with TV is they want series that go on forever.
Didn't the doctor on the first episode give him two years to live? That's an awful long time for a tv show. I think they could of developed everything a little slower, given it time to find its legs instead of going zero to sixty in one episode.

How long have the castaways been on the island in Lost? Not how long has it been running but how long have they been there in their own world? A couple months or so? And that's on its fourth season.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
A good show should always have unanswered questions that keep it going. Whether it's what the fuck is the deal with the island on Lost, or when is Ross going to finally settle down with Rachel. When those are answered the shows done. Breaking Bad just seems to be moving at an accelerated almost movie speed of trying to get to where it's at.
So filler episodes and series that are stretched as long as possible at the expense of being entertaining are good now? No wonder everything on tv is shit...It's not your job to worry about where the show is going, just enjoy the ride.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
So filler episodes and series that are stretched as long as possible at the expense of being entertaining are good now? No wonder everything on tv is shit...It's not your job to worry about where the show is going, just enjoy the ride.
I don't think everything on TV is shit. And of course shows being stretched out as long as they can isn't any good. But I don't think a show that has a guy going from struggling science teacher to murdering drug dealer in one episode is set at the right pace either.

I've heard of Breaking Bad only referred to as a series, not a mini-series, so I'm just thinking it's pushing things faster than it could ever keep up with for even 20 episodes at this pace. And every show wants to go at least a couple seasons.

I think this is big problem starting to creep up in a lot of TV, maybe it's too many film people moving into the TV business, maybe it's this short attention span notion.

Before the strike started I was just putting my first spec tv show out on the market and the questions from studio people are idiotic. They want you to move at this Breaking Bad pace, which I find to be ridiculous. They want everything answered in the pilot leaving you no where to go. Like they want every dorky lead to get the hot chick in the pilot then leave you no where to go.