Jul 7, 2006
BFE
it's on the front page of foxnews.com.

Details still to come.

Details:
XM's Response
XM Satellite Radio said:
MERGER UPDATE

XM today announced that the Department of Justice (DOJ) has approved the proposed merger with SIRIUS. XM is pleased that after a thorough review, the DOJ agrees that the entertainment marketplace will remain highly competitive and robust after our merger.

With the DOJ's decision behind us, our next and final regulatory step will be a decision from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Soon after FCC approval is obtained, XM and Sirius would complete the merger.

The combination of our companies will lead to more choices and better pricing for our subscribers, and result in a stronger competitor in the rapidly evolving audio entertainment market.

As we have said, no XM radio will become obsolete as a result of the merger. We have millions of radios in use, including many that are factory-installed in automobiles. After the merger, our subscribers will not need another radio to continue to receive programming like they now enjoy. The XM platform will continue to offer a full complement of programming to our millions of subscribers.

We'll communicate directly to our subscribers once the FCC has rendered its decision.

My Dog Fresca

May 11, 2007
Boston
Well hopefully Ope's meeting with the enemy pays off, if the enemy works for the little doggy.

Buds Spuckley

Mar 17, 2008
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department has approved a merger of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. with its rival, XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.

M

MobileDevice

I don't think the Supreme Court has a say in this. It does have to clear the FCC though.

GutShotDrew

Mikhail

Jan 19, 2006
So what's the over/under on them staying on XM?

grexley

May 16, 2007
I hope XM's entire customer service department gets canned.

Someone got paid off to make this deal go through.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
The FCC won't block this. O&A are in pretty much screwed on XM. The first employment under Mel didn't work out so well. I don't have a lot of hope for the second go around.

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
The FCC won't block this. O&A are in pretty much screwed on XM. The first employment under Mel didn't work out so well. I don't have a lot of hope for the second go around.
Your Mom's Box

loganfield

I am a silly goose.
Dec 1, 2005
Time to go and fuck my mother and flush my XM down the toilet, I guess.

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
My day has just been instantly and irreversibly ruined.

CMMatt

The bottom of the barrel
Feb 19, 2007
Damn. Well, about fucking time they made a decision on this. Now we have to wait to hear the bbbboys commentary on this.

Christ this is going to be interesting.

HaLLuCiN0

Sorry Harvey.
Sep 9, 2005
DEVELOPING... XM/Sirius to be named SternRadio

hoo hoo

Guysdrinkingbeer

Lt. in O & A army.
Nov 3, 2002
Cleveland, OH.
Crap, did that just make cringe.

I hope things go well, but I got a real bad feeling.

I not going to speculate because like Opie says, I don't know what the hell is going on. I just know that if the boys go my subs go AGAIN!

Shitdeek

Dec 9, 2004
remember when people around here were claiming there was no way in hell a merger like this would ever go through?

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Well, there goes that battle. Now we need to move on to Mel and the other heads of Sirius. We need to make sure they know that O&A have a huge fanbase and we won't sit still for a gagged or hamstrung show.