Breathe Right Strips Package question

sued

Now you know
Sep 2, 2004
Montclair.NJ
Can someone please explain this phenomenon? If you open a Breathe Right strip in the dark the point where the two pieces of packaging meet glows in the dark. Why?
It is packaged like a band aid, using two pieces of waxy paper that are mated together but slightly separated at the top allowing for grab space. As you pull them apart the "seam" glows in the dark making a line that only appears at the point where the paper is still joined.

How does that work and why do you think it is there? Is it intentional or just a cool side effect of the materials?

If you have these please check this out and get back to me. I am amazed by this every night. So cool!

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The adhesive on the package is made from phosphorescent algae holding hands. Rip them apart, they glow. Simple, really.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
I noticed that shit a couple of years ago. it is still fucking cool in the middle of the night. it almost makes me want to open the fuckers even when I don't need one. if they weren't so damn expensive I would do it.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
The adhesive on the package is made from phosphorescent algae holding hands. Rip them apart, they glow. Simple, really.
Close, your description is almost spot-on. Actually when the adhesive backing is pulled off the algae all begin chewing Livesavers Wint-o-Green mints.

sued

Now you know
Sep 2, 2004
Montclair.NJ
Thanks guys. I knew I coould count on you to know.

I still think it is the coolest thing ever and I feel like Im 6 everytime I open one.