Bret Michaels, good guest.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Enjoyed the interview, he wasn't a fake asshole.
He hung out, participated and sold his product without coming off like a douche.
It was interesting to hear how a musician from that era matured.

Credit goes to the boys and staff for their guests lately. They've been seamless.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Enjoyed the interview, he wasn't a fake asshole.
He hung out, participated and sold his product without coming off like a douche.
It was interesting to hear how a musician from that era matured.

Credit goes to the boys and staff for their guests lately. They've been seamless.
agreed, i liked Brett, I wish they would've asked him what his favorite bit from the show was...just to see if he really was a fan. that probably would've rooooned the ruuuuuse, but maybe he really is a fan

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
As soon as he sat down and Opie said 'you don't need headphones' I thought they were getting ready to destroy him.
The guy did have some good stories about the business. He seemed like he only wanted to hear himself talk, though. It got monotonous after a while, especially now with the replay on.
All in all, a good guest.
There was a story I wish he finished about the insides of reality TV, but he cut himself off just as he started. Can't tell if he got distracted or thought it would be a bad idea to tell the story.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Back in the day I wasn't the biggest fan of "hair metal," but did have a opportunity to see David Lee Roth with Poison opening for him.

Poison was one of the best shows I've ever seen. They sounded great and put a lot of energy into their show. True professionals.

DLR sucked sooooooo bad, his stage/show antics couldn't compensate for his awful off key, horrid voice. Guest he was hammered and didn't give a fuck about anyone, but himself. Which seems to be his MO.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
you can tell which of these guys haven't blown all their money yet...

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Oct 4, 2004
Wilmington, DE
I hated hair metal of the 80s
was more into the alt bands of that era
but Brett seams like a cool down to earth guy
good guest and funny stories

why have I never seen him without a cowboy hat or bandana covering his head? whats going on up there?

Furtherman

Nov 4, 2005
History is always told by the victorious after the fact.

Yea, Poison was one of the more sucsessful "hair bands", and they have a lot of money and a lot of fans.

But you take any interview with Poison, Def Leppard, Ted Nugent, Motley Crue, etc. etc... it's all "We never expected to have so many fans we were just in it for the music" bullshit. They all sound the same.

Yea, good stories. But did everything go so cool as they say it? Bullshit. They were pissed when their time was over. They were angry. They only had to choose to be cool about it, but deep down they still want to be selling out arenas.

Not a bad guest, but it's the same bullshit for sure.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Totally. And I was expecting to hate him for being in an 80's hair band. Good guest.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
wish i got to hear it but some people love to think by using pal talk to abuse every guest its funny.

Well those of us who actually just want to hear the show and not be a part of it YOU RUIN IT FOR US.

I want to write what i want to say but time will tell. ugggggggg, all im saying is all humor dont have to be "dark humor"

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I will add, too bad he dodged the Rock Scream. Then again he probably saved himself by not trying to sing at 9 am.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
He went a little long but definately seemed like a good guy...very down to earth...you can get that vibe from him on his show

paulisded

Dec 9, 2005
History is always told by the victorious after the fact.

Yea, Poison was one of the more sucsessful "hair bands", and they have a lot of money and a lot of fans.

But you take any interview with Poison, Def Leppard, Ted Nugent, Motley Crue, etc. etc... it's all "We never expected to have so many fans we were just in it for the music" bullshit. They all sound the same.

Yea, good stories. But did everything go so cool as they say it? Bullshit. They were pissed when their time was over. They were angry. They only had to choose to be cool about it, but deep down they still want to be selling out arenas.

Not a bad guest, but it's the same bullshit for sure.
I agree with everything you said.

He was an ok guest; just not my kind of thing.

The problem I have is that he acts like they really survived the grunge era and are just as big as ever. Uh, no. They're an oldies act who have put on the same show every night for the last 15 years.

Have they released any new music during that time? Not to my knowledge. Any album that's come out has been nothing more than a new greatest hits compilation, or live albums.

They may not be stuck playing clubs like Warrant and a few others, but performing at hayseed county fairs is only a half-step or two above that level.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
He was an ok guest; just not my kind of thing.

The problem I have is that he acts like they really survived the grunge era and are just as big as ever. Uh, no. They're an oldies act who have put on the same show every night for the last 15 years.

Have they released any new music during that time? Not to my knowledge. Any album that's come out has been nothing more than a new greatest hits compilation, or live albums.

If it's not your thing, then why would you know or care? They've put out two albums of new material in the past 5 years.

Oct 7, 2006
boston ma usa
good interview , its a shame that the coreys robbed his house while he was on the show tho ... hopefully they catch them ...

FedExRob

Bob Kelly Fan Club
Jan 12, 2005
NY
To hate on the 80's and early 90's bands is just dumb. What bands are selling out 80,000 seat arenas like Poison,Motley Crue , and Bon Jovi did back then?
You may not ever see that in the music industry again.

Seattle sound was cool and a nice change but ask yourself this

Who would you rather be Brett Michaels and have 50000 16 year old chicks begging to blow you or Kurt Cobain fucking Courtney Hole and wearing long coats in cloudy weather?

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey
Back in the day I wasn't the biggest fan of "hair metal," but did have a opportunity to see David Lee Roth with Poison opening for him.

Poison was one of the best shows I've ever seen. They sounded great and put a lot of energy into their show. True professionals.

DLR sucked sooooooo bad, his stage/show antics couldn't compensate for his awful off key, horrid voice. Guest he was hammered and didn't give a fuck about anyone, but himself. Which seems to be his MO.
Agreed, I think i was at the same show (The garden?). Also I think DLR is the dick Brett was talking about.

Nov 11, 2005
I wish they could have gotten C.C. DeVille on the phone, just to hear his awful voice that sounds like a 75 year old Jewish woman.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY

i saw poison opening for kiss in 2004. the show was energetic and tight but still, underneath it all, it's just crappy ass poison songs. :icon_mrgr

funny thing was that later on they claimed to have co-headlined but it was clearly a Kiss show.

in any case, Bret was a great guest, I enjoyed that segment alot.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Turfmower said:
He was a good guest I going to check out his new show.
Yeah. I like Posion but never saw the show.
Guess I'll check it out now.

Turfmower said:
For Opie I looked up Half a Cunt Fac he only has one post here. and does not represent the membership of Wackbag. http://www.wackbag.com/member.php?u=34896
If that's who I think it is, he was banned here awhile ago and is just
doing it to try and "get back" at us. No worries.
I think the show personnel are smarter than that. :icon_wink

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Good guy. He acknowleged that the hair band thing was then and gave props to grunge and the like of Nirvana and Alice in Chains... didn't hate them for their success, like a lot of other bands from that era do.

I think he is just happy to still be relevant and I think he is because he is not an ass. People must like him... he must take care of people who take care of him.

Razor Roman

MJMandalayForPresident2024
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
I had no interest in hearing him... but he was interesting, down to earth, and could hang. Good guest!

MJ001

Apr 24, 2007
Detroit
Not the biggest fan of Poison, but Michaels always seems like a cool guy in any interview I see him on. For any of you who watched Late World with Zach Galifinakis, he was hysterical.