Brett Calls it Quits

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034
Favre tells Packers he's retiring

ESPN.com news services

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting.

Mortensen reported that according to Favre's agent, Bus Cook, Favre has informed Packers coach Mike McCarthy of his decision.

Foxsports.com first reported Favre's decision.
Finally he calls it quits.

Now the question begins--- Where would you rank Favre on the All time NFL QB List?

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
looks like the NFC North is between the Lions & Vikings this next year...

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I rank him 2nd. Here's my list:

1) John Elway. Favre has him beat statistically, but Elway won the Big One head to head
2) Brett Favre
3) Tom Brady - He may get there, but how much will the cheating affect his legacy?
4) Peyton Manning
5) Joe Montana - Lack of durability keeps him from long-term greatness

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
I rank him 2nd. Here's my list:

1) John Elway. Favre has him beat statistically, but Elway won the Big One head to head
2) Brett Favre
3) Tom Brady - He may get there, but how much will the cheating affect his legacy?
4) Peyton Manning
5) Joe Montana - Lack of durability keeps him from long-term greatness
1)Elway
2)Marino
3)Brady
4)Favre
5)Manning

As much as i hate Brady, i can't be basis I think that Favre has a better Legacy but Brady has just done way more plus he has a somewhat of a good legacy, if you don't factor in the whole Spygate thing.
But Elway, #1 my favorite QB of all time.
Marino was great.
I'm having trouble deciding where to put Manning in this whole mix. I don't think that he has past Favre yet but i think he's just about there. So I'll keep Manning at #5

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Payton Manning is a top five all time QB? You guys must be about 23 years old. Where is Bradshaw? Where is Staubach? Bob Griese? Bart Starr? How about a guy named Unitas? And those are five off the top of my head.

Bone Dry

I stink and I don't like me.
Apr 3, 2005
Seaford NY
1)Elway
2)Marino
3)Brady
4)Favre
5)Manning
I have to respectfully disagree with Marino at number two. I know he didn't have the kind of team Favre or Brady did, but not having a ring knocks him down a few IMHO.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I have to respectfully disagree with Marino at number two. I know he didn't have the kind of team Favre or Brady did, but not having a ring knocks him down a few IMHO.
Yeah, and he held the laces in so Finkle missed the easy kick

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
1. Vick
2. Farve
3. Cunningham
4. Marino
5. Leaf

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Payton Manning is a top five all time QB? You guys must be about 23 years old. Where is Bradshaw? Where is Staubach? Bob Griese? Bart Starr? How about a guy named Unitas? And those are five off the top of my head.
I'm 35.

Bradshaw is statiscally the worst QB in the Hall of Fame, except for George Blanda, who I think is in more for also being a Kicker and for playing for 100 years. He played great in a couple of Super Bowls. 2 games doesn't make you the best all time.

Bob Griese was ok, but not even the best QB of his era. Len Dawson was leaps and bounds ahead of him.

Bart Starr - also way overrated. Sonny Jurgenson was the far superior QB of that era.

Staubach's career was too short for him to be considered for the top 5.

Ok, I'll give you Unitas should be in the Top 5. I thought he missed more time in his career.

1) Elway
2) Unitas
3) Favre
4) Brady
5) Manning

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Any list has to start with Montana at the top, he beat Marino and Elway when it mattered the most.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
I'm 35.

Bradshaw is statiscally the worst QB in the Hall of Fame, except for George Blanda, who I think is in more for also being a Kicker and for playing for 100 years. He played great in a couple of Super Bowls. 2 games doesn't make you the best all time.

Bob Griese was ok, but not even the best QB of his era. Len Dawson was leaps and bounds ahead of him.

Bart Starr - also way overrated. Sonny Jurgenson was the far superior QB of that era.

Staubach's career was too short for him to be considered for the top 5.

Ok, I'll give you Unitas should be in the Top 5. I thought he missed more time in his career.

1) Elway
2) Unitas
3) Favre
4) Brady
5) Manning
You can not compare stats. Stats do not equal greatness. Ersa's are different, talent on the team is different, coaching philosophy's are different. Leading a team to win the Super Bowl is the true test. Get Manning off that list, it is embarrassing. Brady may be in the top ten, not five yet. I hated horse faced Elway, but he may be top five. Favre is definitely top ten, but IMHO not top five.

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
Farve is Top 10, but not top 5

1. Montana - Nobody was more clutch than him
  2. Elway - Played in 5 Super Bowls, winning the last 2. Carried the 1st 3 teams there
  3. Brady - Just doesn't make mistakes, could have the stats and the rings when he hangs them up
  4. Unitas - Pretty much set the bar
  5. Manning/Marino - Toss up, depends on how much weight you give manning for the Super Bowl win

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Farve is Top 10, but not top 5

1. Montana - Nobody was more clutch than him
  2. Elway - Played in 5 Super Bowls, winning the last 2. Carried the 1st 3 teams there
  3. Brady - Just doesn't make mistakes, could have the stats and the rings when he hangs them up
  4. Unitas - Pretty much set the bar
  5. Manning/Marino - Toss up, depends on how much weight you give manning for the Super Bowl win
I don't get it. First it was Manning doesn't have a ring, now that he has one is, "well he didn't really win it." :rolleyes:

Barring injury, Manning will break every QB record there is and if he wins another ring, he could end up in top 3.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Anyone who puts Brady in the top 5 should be forced to watch every game the Patriots videotaped over the past 6 years. With no sleep.

He is top 20 but to put him above someone like Unitas is a fucking travesty. I'm not even so sure i'd put Manning in the top 5 and if he can win another ring he's probably number 1.

Montana
Elway
Unitas
Favre
Marino

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I have to admit, that I am not a huge football fan, but I was always a Farve fan. So today is a sad sad day.

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
I don't get it. First it was Manning doesn't have a ring, now that he has one is, "well he didn't really win it." :rolleyes:
That is not what I was implying at all.

Manning and Marino are very similar. The difference is that Manning has a ring, Marino does not. If you're someone who says that Super Bowl Rings are the end all be all, then Manning would get the nod, if not then Marino would be in.

To me rings are a factor, but not the end all. There's no way on earth that your going to tell me that a QB with a Ring like Trent Dilfer is better than a QB without one like Fran Tarkenton.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
1) Montana
2) Unitas
3) Marino
4) Elway
5) Brady/Manning (it remains yet to be seen which one will take it)

Brett Favre doesn't make my top 5. Just think back to his performance against the Giants in the playoffs this year where he just threw the ball where ever he felt like and basically threw the game away. And think about how many times he's done that in his career. He's lost as many games for his team with his erradic play as he's won with his brilliant play. Remember, he broke the record for interceptions before he broke the record for touchdowns.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
That is not what I was implying at all.

Manning and Marino are very similar. The difference is that Manning has a ring, Marino does not. If you're someone who says that Super Bowl Rings are the end all be all, then Manning would get the nod, if not then Marino would be in.
Ok, I'm going the Clemens way and say, i misread it :action-sm

To me rings are a factor, but not the end all. There's no way on earth that your going to tell me that a QB with a Ring like Trent Dilfer is better than a QB without one like Fran Tarkenton.
That goes without saying, but when you have similar QB's like Marino and Manning, then rings are the only way to tell them apart.

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
Jul 10, 2007
Just wandering around
Lists are for fags.

I'm just hope this will cut down on Madden's
kissing of Farve's ass everytime he speaks.