OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Britian turns to US for riot control advice. Askes what is tear gas... police?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by OAarchive, Aug 12, 2011.

1. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

It seems rather common sense to me. Most people riot because of the cause but because they feel protected by the anonymity they gain being in a large crowd and they feel they can loot and destroy with little chance of being caught. As time goes on the crowds get bigger and the sense of safety grows.

Want to stop a riot? Remove the feeling of safety from the equation and quickly. You can't arrest everyone but you sure as hell can flood the crowds with gas, rubber bullets, and bean bags. The idea of running around all hooligan like will quickly look much less appealing.

EDIT: Oopsie on spelling.

2. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

They should have asked us after the first night. And they should have went to the Irish for help, they certainly have enough experience with riots.

3. English Gent

English Gent Registered User

They're not seeking advice on riot control, they're seeking advice on gang-related issues. The US has much more experience in dealing with gangs, whereas the rise of gang culture is comparatively recent in the UK. The US frequently offers help to various countries with regard to dealing with gangs, how to break them up, etc.

The Met police has plenty of experience in dealing with riots but, for some reason (probably because they were pussyfooting around, not wanting to be accused of brutalising 'the community) they got it wrong during the first night of rioting.

4. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

British cop to American cop: "Wait, so you chaps get guns? And you can shoot people? And you can beat people for resisting? Like beat them to death? Holy shit, what the fuck have we been doing with whistles and funny hats????!!!?!?!?!!!!!!

5. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

UK cops have been carrying guns for about 10 years now, if I remember right. It's not that uncommon to see them carrying MP5s and UMPs, either.

6. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

That's great and all but unless your riot control technique involves gunning down your citizens those are not exactly the tools need for this situation.

7. English Gent

English Gent Registered User

Indeed, it's very common now to see them carrying sub-machine guns.

8. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

When did we start talking about Italy?

9. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

well, maybe it should be their riot control technique.

10. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Being PC will just get more people killed. Take off the gloves and unleash the dogs of war...

11. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

The US does know how to get the slaves to behave.

[video=youtube;X12G4DJ0mas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X12G4DJ0mas[/video]

Even at peaceful protests they use tear gas and sound cannons to protect the bankers that destroyed the country.

12. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Let me save you guys 10 minutes of your lives... no tear gas(not even one puff of smoke), 10 seconds of the sound cannon being used(to no effect... people milling about with fingers in ears), douches yelling Alex Jonesisms into bullhorns, zero violence, police politely asking people to move along, hipster playing guitar(poorly) while other hipsters sing(badly).

And that's about it.

Worst. Riot. Ever.

13. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

I never said it was a riot. Its a peaceful protest and the cops used tear gas, sound cannons, and marched like good little fascists to stop the protesting and protect the bankers that will take their pension some day.

[video=youtube;akwjAjcQnqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwjAjcQnqM[/video]

[video=youtube;vZT3O5m0EIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZT3O5m0EIs[/video]

14. Creasy Bear

Donator

Thank you for those videos, Kirk. A great example of how to do crowd control correctly, and protect the property of productive members of society from the useless shittums who would otherwise destroy and loot said property.

Actually... that second video is worth a watch. It's hysterical. A bunch of stupid ass college kids acting out their Che Guevara fantasies. Look! We're revolutionizing! The cops pop a few pepper balls at them and they act like Hitler dropped a Zyklon B bomb. One dykey-looking broad drips a few drops of blood from a boo boo on her head and the drama queens start hooting and carrying on like she had her head blown off by a claymore mine. At one point "the victim" asks someone to dial 911...

"Down with authority! Anarchy! Anarchy! Oh! I've got a little ouchie and I'm bleeding. Quick! Somebody contact the authorities and tell them to come save me!"

:icon_roll

15. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

You do have to ask the question why didn't they use the sounds cannons or tear gas in the UK riots? Are we suppose to believe they are just stupid? Something will happen because of these riots but I don't know how they could turn the UK into more of a nanny state.

So you are against peaceful protests? Why am I not surprised?

16. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

I hate you more than I hate suicide bombers.

At least suicide bombers have the decency to kill themselves.

17. Creasy Bear

Donator

You actually think the London riots were political, don't you? You believe they were something other than a pack of shittums stealing things and destroying property for their own materialistic gain and idiotic entertainment?

Not that this is a revelation... but God you're dumb.

I could give a fuck. As long as those dipshits aren't breaking or stealing shit, they can scream stupid shit into bullhorns all they want... what do I care? It's not like those morons are missing work or anything.

18. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

Show me where I said the riots are political? I never said that you made it up in your head. If the UK riots were political the police would have ended them in a few minutes.

19. Creasy Bear

Donator

Oh... sorry, I thought you were comparing the London riots to the Pittsburgh non-riot motivationwise. Looking back, I see that you actually weren't.

Okay then... the reason why the London cops didn't drop the hammer is simple... white guilt. Typical shit... guilty whitey would rather let the savages run amok and loot and destroy shit rather than make himself look like a racist by going in and cracking a few negroidal coconuts.

20. kloraferm

kloraferm Humor is reason gone mad

British cops kinda remind me of hall monitors.

21. Creasy Bear

Donator

The greatest protestor-bashing video ever...

Look at her... lying there in her ridiculous little Strawberry Shortcake costume... batteries all spilling out of her bullhorn.

Pure hilarity.

22. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

You sound like Ann Coulter now. ;)

I have to respectfully disagree.

[video=youtube;zIgXx3W7_C0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgXx3W7_C0[/video]

23. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

They should arrest everyone in sight and have tougher sentences than the slap on the wrist these people usually get. Also, spanking. Especially for the hot black chick in the other thread.

24. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

Maybe it's just the impression I get from watching British TV, but I thought only special units get issued firearms.

25. Joker1919

Joker1919 Registered User

So when can the Brits expect our shipment of fire hoses and German shepherds?