Brock earning his WWE salary & good PPV news

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Meltzer:

Brock Lesnar looks to have earned himself his contract and gotten a good shot at a renewal.
Going into SummerSlam, the idea was that the show was going to either sink-or-swim based on the Lesnar vs. HHH main event. The show was an overwhelming success, doing 350,000 worldwide buys, broken down as 264,000 North American and only 86,000 international. It was the most successful SummerSlam show since 2008.
The North America vs. international split, with 75% of the buys coming from North America is a second indication that it was Lesnar as the reason. Lesnar’s main drawing power from his UFC days was gigantic in the U.S. and Canada, but little international, since UFC has never done strong PPV business (or even done much PPV) outside of North America except for Australia and that came toward the end of Lesnar’s UFC tenure.
This continues the trend of WWE being well ahead of last year in almost every show, but greatly so on shows that have Lesnar and The Rock involved.
I wonder if the buys cements Brock/HHH II now?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Dana mentioned today, he would talk to Brock about a possible return after his WWE contract is up.
That will cost Vince in negotiations

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
Brock can't fight in the UFC anymore, what can Dana really offer him?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Brock can't fight in the UFC anymore, what can Dana really offer him?
Who said?
If Brock feels healthier enough he can fight.
He also doesn't have to fight immediately as a top guy. He could go against Mir & do about a million buys & most likely win & then decide if he wants to try to be champ again.

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
Brock said. After his last match he said that he couldn't compete at that level anymore. Do you really think after taking 2 years off, he's going to be able to get back in and compete in main events like when he left?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Brock said. After his last match he said that he couldn't compete at that level anymore. Do you really think after taking 2 years off, he's going to be able to get back in and compete in main events like when he left?
Read what I wrote, I answered that before you asked

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
Read what I wrote, I answered that before you asked
Sorry, I missed that last part. But when it comes down to the money, WWF can offer him a better deal than the UFC. Dana won't shell out the money that Brock could get from the WWF because he would be an undercard fighter. Say that both companies offer similar deals in appearances and travel where Brock shows up once every month or so and does a match every 3 or 4 months as is standard in the UFC. He can headline the WWF ever few months and be able to negotiate decent money and a less demanding workout schedule. Didn't a lot of his health problems come from the training he had to do to be able to compete in the UFC? He's also 35 right now. That gives him what, 5 years in the UFC? And that's being generous since he was only in the UFC for 2 or 3 before his health problems took him out and he had to sit out a year. Then he's risking his body and earning potential much more than in the WWF where he probably won't take too many bumps and can wrestle until he's 60 if he wants to.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Sorry, I missed that last part. But when it comes down to the money, WWF can offer him a better deal than the UFC. Dana won't shell out the money that Brock could get from the WWF because he would be an undercard fighter. Say that both companies offer similar deals in appearances and travel where Brock shows up once every month or so and does a match every 3 or 4 months as is standard in the UFC. He can headline the WWF ever few months and be able to negotiate decent money and a less demanding workout schedule. Didn't a lot of his health problems come from the training he had to do to be able to compete in the UFC? He's also 35 right now. That gives him what, 5 years in the UFC? And that's being generous since he was only in the UFC for 2 or 3 before his health problems took him out and he had to sit out a year. Then he's risking his body and earning potential much more than in the WWF where he probably won't take too many bumps and can wrestle until he's 60 if he wants to.
He was making 3-5 million per fight with Zuffa. That is what he is making a year. I see all your points & that is actually backing up my point. Dana being interested will drive up WWE's cost

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
He was making 3-5 million per fight with Zuffa. That is what he is making a year. I see all your points & that is actually backing up my point. Dana being interested will drive up WWE's cost
"Was" is the key word there. When he was the Heavyweight champion and people thought he was an unstoppable monster. Sure, outside interest will be helpful for Brock to negotiate, but there's no way Dana can make the same money off of him as before which means there's no way he can offer him the same money as before.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
"Was" is the key word there. When he was the Heavyweight champion and people thought he was an unstoppable monster. Sure, outside interest will be helpful for Brock to negotiate, but there's no way Dana can make the same money off of him as before which means there's no way he can offer him the same money as before.
???
Brock vs Mir 3 would be their biggest PPV outside of Silva/GSP & Brock would make that EASILY

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
???
Brock vs Mir 3 would be their biggest PPV outside of Silva/GSP & Brock would make that EASILY
So Brock working his way back up is having his first fight back being against a guy whose last fight was a title shot?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
So Brock working his way back up is having his first fight back being against a guy whose last fight was a title shot?
Do you watch UFC? Not saying that sarcastic, but do you?
Of course Dana will make that fight - he makes fights for $$$ all the time & that would be the biggest fight they have outside of the superfight

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
Do you watch UFC? Not saying that sarcastic, but do you?
Of course Dana will make that fight - he makes fights for $$$ all the time & that would be the biggest fight they have outside of the superfight
No I don't. I'm not saying that Dana wouldn't make that fight, it makes perfect business sense for him to do that. I'm just pointing out that Brock has been out of the UFC for over a year. He basically had to leave because he couldn't keep up after his multiple spouts of diverticulitis that was partially brought on by the insane amount of training he had to do to be at the top of the game. You made a point that he doesn't have to start as a top guy and then immediately throw him in to start fighting a top guy. I think it's too big of a gamble for Dana to offer him a huge to deal to have Brock get massacred in the first round. Not to mention if the deal is a couple fights against some lower guys to build him back up, what if he gets killed early in those too? Then Dana is out millions of dollars on an undercard guy just because he was good for a year a few years ago and there was somewhere else for him to go. I think it's pretty obvious from the way Dana acts that he has a huge ego and probably doesn't like seeing Vince play with his toys.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
No I don't. I'm not saying that Dana wouldn't make that fight, it makes perfect business sense for him to do that. I'm just pointing out that Brock has been out of the UFC for over a year. He basically had to leave because he couldn't keep up after his multiple spouts of diverticulitis that was partially brought on by the insane amount of training he had to do to be at the top of the game. You made a point that he doesn't have to start as a top guy and then immediately throw him in to start fighting a top guy. I think it's too big of a gamble for Dana to offer him a huge to deal to have Brock get massacred in the first round. Not to mention if the deal is a couple fights against some lower guys to build him back up, what if he gets killed early in those too? Then Dana is out millions of dollars on an undercard guy just because he was good for a year a few years ago and there was somewhere else for him to go. I think it's pretty obvious from the way Dana acts that he has a huge ego and probably doesn't like seeing Vince play with his toys.
If Brock loses & Zuffa makes money, Dana would be fine - he publicly stated he wants Brock back
I don't understand your argument if Dana himself said it multiple times

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
If Brock loses & Zuffa makes money, Dana would be fine - he publicly stated he wants Brock back
I don't understand your argument if Dana himself said it multiple times
The argument is based on Brock's ability. They'll make some money when he comes back for sure. But that's all short term. If Brock goes back and basically becomes a jobber, nobody will care about him. It would be one thing if he lost his last couple fights late in the matches or by decision, but he lost in the first round in his last two matches. There's no long term gain to be had in all likelihood. Not to mention, Dana has a big mouth and just talks shit all the time to get attention. As I stated earlier, he only wants Brock back because Vince is making a lot of money off of him.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
The argument is based on Brock's ability. They'll make some money when he comes back for sure. But that's all short term. If Brock goes back and basically becomes a jobber, nobody will care about him. It would be one thing if he lost his last couple fights late in the matches or by decision, but he lost in the first round in his last two matches. There's no long term gain to be had in all likelihood. Not to mention, Dana has a big mouth and just talks shit all the time to get attention. As I stated earlier, he only wants Brock back because Vince is making a lot of money off of him.
So what?

You said "Brock can't fight in the UFC anymore, what can Dana really offer him?" & Dana himself said he can.
Dana will offer him an even bigger contract now that UFC's buyrates have plunged & hopes he wins. if not Dana & Brock make MILLIONS on one fight

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
So what?

You said "Brock can't fight in the UFC anymore, what can Dana really offer him?" & Dana himself said he can.
Dana will offer him an even bigger contract now that UFC's buyrates have plunged & hopes he wins. if not Dana & Brock make MILLIONS on one fight
Dana can say whatever he wants, but it's what he can actually do that's the issue. Not to mention, if Brock goes back and fails miserably, how would that make the UFC look? They would spend a lot of time building up the fight to have him look like a fool. It would be bad for the sport. It would be like Ali or Foreman coming back for one fight. It would just be a novelty, and Dana always seemed like he wanted to avoid novelty to have the sport taken seriously.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Dana can say whatever he wants, but it's what he can actually do that's the issue. Not to mention, if Brock goes back and fails miserably, how would that make the UFC look? They would spend a lot of time building up the fight to have him look like a fool. It would be bad for the sport. It would be like Ali or Foreman coming back for one fight. It would just be a novelty, and Dana always seemed like he wanted to avoid novelty to have the sport taken seriously.

There is nothing "novelty" about a former champ who was his BIGGEST PPV DRAW trying a comeback
A novelty is throwing a reported million to someone with zero MMA training just bec he was a former boxing champ & ten years out of his prime. That I agree Dana would NEVER do ........... wait ................ wait .................

Yes of course Dana would never do that

:action-sm

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
http://www.startribune.com/sports/172767781.html?refer=y

UFC president Dana White told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he would be open to signing Brock Lesnar for another fight. "Sure, I'd bring him back," White said. "He was the one who wanted to retire, and then he hooked back up with the WWE and did some stuff over there. But if Brock called me tomorrow and said, 'Hey I'd like to come back,' I'd work with him."

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I think Lesnar's been exposed too heavily for his MMA weakness, and that he cant take a punch.
They hype train is over and isn't coming back.
I for one wouldnt even think about buying a PPV because Lesnar was on it.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I think Lesnar's been exposed too heavily for his MMA weakness, and that he cant take a punch.
They hype train is over and isn't coming back.
I for one wouldnt even think about buying a PPV because Lesnar was on it.
80o thousand would & the hype of him "coming back" would be huge (esp. against Mir)

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
I'm sure Dana would take him back, but I personally think it would be dumb for Lesnar to go back.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I'm sure Dana would take him back, but I personally think it would be dumb for Lesnar to go back.
Seems like medical test agreed
Dana did an interview (see below)

UFC President Dana White noted that Brock Lesnar had contemplated a return to MMA for the Ultimate Fighting Championship while calling into The Dave and Mahoney radio show in Las Vegas.
White noted that he spoke to Lesnar, who informed him that after testing himself, he decided that while he could physically perform as a professional wrestler, he would not be able to fight in MMA.
White did admit that he would have brought Lesnar back if Lesnar was interested.