Brookline Ma. Landscaper arrested for using a leaf blower...

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
Yeah...so the good citizens of Brookline, MA (douche chill suburb of Boston) passed a law severely restricting the use of leaf blowers...because that's the problem with the world...and a guy got arrested for it...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/brooklin...blower-violation-in-Brookline-leads-to-arrest

Brookline —
Police arrested a Waltham man who was stopped for using a leaf blower before 9 a.m., on Saturday, Sept. 14.

Marvin Astillo, 40, was using a leaf blower at 850 Boylston St. He was part of a landscaping crew of about five men. Astillo and one other man were wearing leaf blower backpacks, according to the report.

A police officer attempted to stop the work and told them that leaf blowing is not allowed in Brookline between May 15 and Sept. 15, and that they cannot use leaf blowers before 9 a.m., on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays. Saturday was Yom Kippur.

When the officer asked Astillo for identification, he reportedly asked the officer why that was necessary. The officer replied that he needed the information because of the leaf blower violation, and he needed to issue Astillo a citation.

Astillo allegedly refused and walked away. At this point, the officer arrested Astillo.

He was charged with refusing to submit his name and identification to an officer and for violating the town’s leaf blower bylaw.

Read more: http://www.wickedlocal.com/brooklin...on-in-Brookline-leads-to-arrest#ixzz2f9f2bEi0
Follow us: @BrooklineTAB on Twitter | brookline.tab on Facebook

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
If you helped pass this bylaw, you are an asshole. I'm down with before 9:00 a.m., but the rest is ridiculous.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Ignorance of the law is no excuse, Pedro.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I would have thought that would have fell under an existing noise ordinance... oh well.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Let me play you the song of my people.

Pictureofalationwearingabackpackleafblower.jpg

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
9am? Fuck you I've already been at work for two hours. Get the fuck out of bed and be usefull

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
One of my old bosses loves buying beat down apartment complexes, fixing them up nice, and flipping them. I think he gets some gratification out of (in his eyes) helping these people, although personally I think they're beyond help.

Anyway, we were remodeling a couple of units and so various saws were being used... one fat bitch comes out and complains about us making so much noise early in the morning and waking her up. It was 10:30... and the only reason we started that late is we had been working for four hours at another job. This complete waste only left her apartment to smoke or walk to laundry room 30 feet away, and yet expected the whole world to stop and accommodate her comfort.

Even at various times when I wasn't working, I still acted like I was and woke up at a reasonable hour. You should be allowed to make all the noise you want an hour after sunrise or at 8 AM, whichever is earlier (and that's being generous, I would rather it was 7 AM).

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Id buy out the local home depots supply of gas powered leaf blowers and just tape the trigger on and leave it under the bedroom window at 5am of any asshole that calls the cops about people using one for their JOB.

I could understand complaining slightly if it was before 8am and it was your neighbor. But to fuck with a man doing his job trying to feed his family you should have your bed doused in gas and set a blaze while you sleep

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
Wonder what time this happened at?

10 minutes before 9 is meeehhh.. 2 hours before 9 not so much.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Nothing about this article surprises me.

The hours here for running power equipment are between 7am and 9pm.

I use my leafblower every time after I cut the lawn and/or run the line trimmer to clear my driveway and sidewalks. That nonsense about not being able to use them this time off year is nuts.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Wonder what time this happened at?

10 minutes before 9 is meeehhh.. 2 hours before 9 not so much.
Dude was just doing his job. Customer paid for the service. If anything the owner/boss should of been held responsible because he dictates the time work starts. He should of known and had them start later

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
If someone was running a leaf blower outside my place before 9:00, I would slit their fucking throat.