Brooklyn man deals with UNRULYS....

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
the fact that neighbors are sympathetic to the suspect says it all.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/fed_up_with_rowdy_kids_man_shoots_pxxkX5GemoBDl7WUkxoTOK

Fed up with rowdy kids, man SHOOTS them: cops

By JOHN DOYLE, KIRSTAN CONLEY and BOB FREDERICKS

Last Updated: 7:33 PM, June 19, 2011

Posted: 7:10 PM, June 19, 2011
More Print

A Brooklyn man angry over a bunch of rowdy, neighborhood hoodlums suddenly snapped and opened fire on them with a powerful, military-style assault rifle, wounding two and an innocent bystander, cops said today.

As the gang of menacing teenage thugs prowled Stuart Street in Marine Park around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, knocking over trash and vandalizing cars, fed-up resident Thomas Dunikowski, 30, started blasting away with his unlicensed Bushmaster 5.56 mm from a second-floor window of his home, police said.

"There were kids on bikes all over the place — then I heard, ‘Pop! Pop! Pop!’" said one neighbor who didn’t want to give his name. "It sounded like firecrackers, and with how much smoke there was, I thought it was firecrackers."
The Marine Park home where the shooting took place.
benn j. stumbo
The Marine Park home where the shooting took place.

But then, given how fast and repetitive the sounds were, "I knew it was a gun," he said. "I looked out my window, and [a] kid was laying there in the street."

After the shoot-up, Dunikowski, who lives with his wife and baby boy, then calmly stashed the rifle on the roof and climbed into bed naked, pretending he was asleep, police sources told The Post.

When cops arrived at the residence, the crazed gunman’s wife at first told cops that her hubby was not involved. But she eventually gave him up when they said her 2-year-old tot could be taken away if she covered up a crime, the source said.

One unidentified teen was hit in the neck and taken to Kings County Hospital with a non-life threatening wound while a second was treated and released for a minor wound — bullet fragments in his arm and leg — at Maimonides Hospital.

Stuart Street resident Yana Kaprovskaya, 21, also was struck in the knee by a fragment and treated and released from Beth Israel Kings Highway.

Dunikowski was charged with assault with intent to cause serious injury with a weapon, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest.

Neighbors were sympathetic to the suspect despite the mayhem.

"He’s a great neighbor, usually very quiet and very nice. He has dogs and a kid and lives a normal life," said Kaprovskaya’s mom, Larisa.

Still, another resident said, "You can’t take matters into your own hands. I guess every man has his breaking point."

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
for what its worth, this story might be all white people....idk.

i guess that won't meet the Anthony definition of unrulys

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
Why does he have to be crazy?

Slanted writing in my opinion
to be fair, the guy got on his roof and shot indiscriminately in the direction of a crowd. even if it was a crowd of scumbags, its fair to describe the guy as "Crazed"....or worked up into a craze.

Oct 8, 2005
Reality
What is the proper civilized thing to do when cops don't do anything about unruly hooligans?

Aug 11, 2005
to be fair, the guy got on his roof and shot indiscriminately in the direction of a crowd. even if it was a crowd of scumbags, its fair to describe the guy as "Crazed"....or worked up into a craze.
"indiscriminately" and "direction" makes him not serious