Brooklyn school has just 1 toilet for 460 students

mr. sin

http://yourjewishnews.com/12459.aspx

When you gotta go, you gotta go, but it's not that easy for the 634 students at a downtown Brooklyn high school.

For the past month a single toilet inside the nurse's office at Science Skills Center High School was the only one open, forcing students to endure bladder-busting waits whenever nature called.

The school wasn't at a loss for loos, though. Administrators kept four other fully operable bathrooms locked up to prevent kids from misbehaving and getting violent in them, according to staff and students.

Only after the Daily News inquired Wednesday about the lack of latrines did administrators open two other bathrooms.

Try raising your kids not to be animals and there won't be a problem

CousinDave

I wonder how much the administrators of this school are paid

Mikefrombx

I taught in a school with 7 floors and the only one bathrooms were open were on the first floor because of drug use fights sex sexual assualt and general unruly ness

sent from my incredible

Let's be reality: The education is lost on many of these 'young people.' They only show up because their parents force them. And the parents only force them because they would get arrested if they didn't.

At my high school, if you weren't in an honors class, you may as well stay home. Bad teachers, students who didn't want to be there... etc.

I bet the janitors keep thinking there are still born babies in the toilets.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
When you gotta go, you gotta go, but it's not that easy for the 634 inmates at a downtown Brooklyn prison.

For the past month a single toilet inside the nurse's office at Science Skills Detention Center was the only one open, forcing inmates to endure bladder-busting waits whenever nature called.

The prison wasn't at a loss for loos, though. The Warden kept four other fully operable bathrooms locked up to prevent prisoners from misbehaving and getting violent in them, according to guards and inmates.

Only after the Daily News inquired Wednesday about the lack of latrines did the Warden open two other bathrooms.
Fixed.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I taught in a school with 7 floors and the only one bathrooms were open were on the first floor because of drug use fights sex sexual assualt and general unruly ness

sent from my incredible
You're a teacher? Incredible.

:action-sm

Mikefrombx

Yes I am and work in the ghetto and my phone says incredible through tapatalk

Mikefrombx

There is this auto sig better

I have to change this because Wackbag breaks my balls

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Inner city schoolteachers aren't so much teachers as they are game wardens and zookeepers.

Mikefrombx

You guys a perfect ballbreakers and when I was in that large school I was a babysitter for asshole unruly teens

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Omaha spent close to $750,000,000 improving schools, much of it spent on the poor parts of town. Test scores, unchanged. Truancy rate, unchanged. Graduation rate, unchanged. Taxpayer burden, increased.

I think instead of spending the money, they should have just doled out fines to parents. Every F, $50 deduction from public assistance check. Miss more then 10 days of school in 1 year, $500 deduction from public assistance check. The kid gets kicked out of school, mommy loses assistance check for entire year. The money could be used to finance future prisons. Hell, if the threat of not having enough money for rims, cheap flat screen tvs, and red drank doesn't motivate them to put a foot in the kids ass to do well in school, nothing will.

Mikefrombx

In most states there is a law on the books for educational neglect, the problem is there is not nearly enough truancy investigators to properly charge parents. Parents can be fined or imprisoned and the kids get sent off to locked down reform schools

Mikefrombx

The ones I used to know were young white well educated liberal idiots who thought they could "make a difference".
That would be everyone I worked with, I am white and well educated but I knew I wasn't going to change shit overall I just wanted to try to help the good kids in the ghetto find a way out.

jules

uppity taxpayer
these fuckin 'kids' are god damn animals. i would love to see the stats on the crimes that are occuring in these bathrooms.
im sure that would shed light on the reason that 600+kids have to use 1 supervised toilet

fucking animals. and its a shame because the good kids will never get out of that type of environment.

bedhumper

That would be everyone I worked with, I am white and well educated but I knew I wasn't going to change shit overall I just wanted to try to help the good kids in the ghetto find a way out.
You ever read Charles Murray or Arthur Jensen?