Brother tries to save man after massive sinkhole swallows Florida bedroom

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Brother tries to save man after massive sinkhole swallows Florida bedroom
A Florida man screamed for help and disappeared as a large sinkhole opened under the bedroom of a house, his brother said Friday.
The brother told rescue crews he heard a loud crash near midnight Thursday, then heard his brother screaming.
"When he got there, there was no bedroom left," Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokeswoman Jessica Damico said.
"There was no furniture. All he saw was a piece of the mattress sticking up," Damico said.
There's been no contact with the 36-year-old man identified as Jeff Bush, since then and neighbors on both sides of the Seffner home have been evacuated.
Fire and rescue officials say there "are no signs of life" from Bush, and say it's a recovery mission, not a rescue effort, MyFoxTampaBay.com reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/01/florida-man-swallowed-by-massive-sinkhole-in-bedroom/?test=latestnews#ixzz2MJuT8gcx

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Sinkhole Mississippi

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
Massive sinkhole? You can't even tell by looking at the exterior of that shanty.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Obviously this is huge down here...

There are real sinkholes like this one, but not necessarily as severe. Then there are lots of fake insurance claims for sinkholes that are nothing more than normal ground settling. About 4 years ago it was an epidemic, the biggest scan going.

A catastrophic event like this is really rare.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Obviously this is huge down here...

There are real sinkholes like this one, but not necessarily as severe. Then there are lots of fake insurance claims for sinkholes that are nothing more than normal ground settling. About 4 years ago it was an epidemic, the biggest scan going.

A catastrophic event like this is really rare.
My grandfather had one when he lived down there...GINORMOUS ant hill caused it.

moviemogul

Aug 23, 2007
This literally is like 20 miles from where I live. It's huge locally. These sinkholes are crazy. A few years back, one swallowed a car at a rest area on I-4. Shut that area down for weeks. That's gotta be some scary shit though, one minute you're asleep, the next you're breathing in dirt and dying. Had to have been horrific for the guy. That area this happened in is a little run down, but nothing really different than an older housing development.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Did they happen to find his brothers teeth down there? Oof.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I kinda drove through that area today, unintentionally. I got off I-4 because I just had enough of it and wanted to take back roads the rest of the way. Definitely an older lived-in area... I really feel for the guy and his family. It's fuckin' awful.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom

Also...

"DEY NEVER FOUND DA BODY!"

What? Movies were only produced in the late 80s and early 90s.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Somebody's getting some Si-eh-ink hoooooole.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
That's likely fueled by the anti-fracking jizzbags. Some of them are posting stuff on local forums down here, acting all innocent and inquiring about whether Florida has fracking going on.
They have pretty much pulled up stakes here....unless there is already a well.
And did you read the article? They are saying it's the coal mines in the Scranton area...which..if you are going to be dumb enough to build a home over one or on a Column dump...then you know the possibilities. And the last memorable mine subsidence was in the early 80's.

Last edited:

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Yeah I know. My cousin was working up there delivering the equipment. He moved down to OK/TX border once all the wells were established and they took all the equipment out of the Pocono area.