Brother Wease Fired

bigdaddyb

Jun 12, 2003
Belleville, NJ
I hope he does go to XM...for Opie to be able to give a Golden Ticket to his mentor would be very cool

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
I think Wease would like to stay in Rochester. If not, Opie should definetely get him a gig on XM.
Originally Posted On Feb 7, 2008 10:13 AM ET
Entercom Ends Brother Wease Contract Talks
By Mike Boyle

Entercom Communications Thursday (Feb. 7) announced that it has discontinued contract renewal discussions with its now former classic rock WCMF/Rochester morning personality, Brother Wease. The 20-year market legend has been off the air since Dec. 21, 2007 in a contract dispute.

“We did our best to try and bring Wease back to WCMF, but in the end, were not able to reach an agreement. We understand that he intends to pursue other opportunities,” said Entercom regional VP Michael Doyle.

Effective immediately, mornings on WCMF will feature “The Men’s Room,” an ensemble cast of what the company is describing as "some of Rochester’s best radio personalities."

“Over the past month, we have heard very positive comments about the show we have been putting on the air,” commented Doyle, “We are excited by the prospect of taking the show in a different direction with some new stars.”

http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRWebSite/NewsStoryPage.aspx?ContentID=SkDza4StdwE=&Version=0
There goes the last DJ.
Who plays what he wants to play,
and says what he wants to say.
There goes your freedom of choice.
There goes the last human voice.

reddog_2711

Jan 11, 2007
Rochester, NY
I talked to Wease about a week ago about him going to NYC to sit in on a couple of XM shows since he's got free time on his hands.

Now that it's officially over between him and the WCMF, maybe he'll make that trip. He can't go on the FM side since it's broadcast here in Rochester on "The Zone" 94.1, and it would be in conflict with the contract he's still under for a year, but I think he'd be free to do XM (legally that is).

To rub salt in the wound, they renamed the morning show from "The Brother Wease Morning Circus" to "The Mens Room".......................and punt. :arrrh:

TheTruth

BabyFuck fan since day 1
Jun 27, 2006
North Jersey
I talked to Wease about a week ago about him going to NYC to sit in on a couple of XM shows since he's got free time on his hands.

Now that it's officially over between him and the WCMF, maybe he'll make that trip. He can't go on the FM side since it's broadcast here in Rochester on "The Zone" 94.1, and it would be in conflict with the contract he's still under for a year, but I think he'd be free to do XM (legally that is).

To rub salt in the wound, they renamed the morning show from "The Brother Wease Morning Circus" to "The Mens Room".......................and punt. :arrrh:
"The Mens Room featuring Larry Craig"

ChoppedLiver

Santa's broken toy
Sep 22, 2005
Windsor, Ontario
He 'Kicked Cancer's Ass', so he can do whatever he likes.

Health and hapiness, Brother. Hope to hear more from you.

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
I remember one day I downloaded the show he did for XM and I really expected him to just be real hacky and it was just a favor from Opie, but I actually found the show to be quite enjoyable. It would be great if he could do a show on XM somehow whether it's a weekly thing or monthly or whatever.

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
Mar 6, 2007
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080207/NEWS01/80207007

One of the board posts
I'm really hoping Opie can get on mornings here to "avenge" Wease's dismissal. A radio legend like Wease should have been able end his show on his terms. In a perfect world, O&A will take out the CMF's Glory Hole on terrestrial, and Wease will find a new home on XM. O&A, Ron & Fez and Wease on one channel would be the best talk station going. Stay tuned to XM202 for at least a Saturday night gig for Wease and his crew. Terrestrial's loss is satellite's gain.

mattobscure
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Lunchbox420

Mar 6, 2007
As a lifelong Rochester NY resident (now in PA) Wease has always been on my radio. He fought and killed Stern, gave our little Opie his start, and has been a mainstay for 23 years on CMF. Fuck entercom. Fuck terestial radio.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Here's hoping that 202 gets a new show on the lineup fairly soon.

Lunchbox420

Mar 6, 2007
Sorry this thread was already started...please merge

shwoogie

You mad cuz I'm stylin' on you
Jun 2, 2004
Dracut, MA
As of today, the station’s morning show will be called “The Men’s Room.”

Eww

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
Can't believe it. He's been a fixture in Rochester since before I had pubes. XM would be great, I think. Caught him on the Saturday night virus once and the fact that he could swear and be filthy made him twice as entertaining. Loved the stories about getting STD's from hookers in Vietnam.

I believe he does have a hole though, much like Adam Corolla. Carry on without her and I bet he's got some years of good radio.

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
No they did not.

Holy shit Entercom has really fucked up that station. Say what you will about CBS, at least they knew to leave WCMF alone.

A

Awful Portions

O&A need to be on live in Rochester and Wease needs to get on 202

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
From 3 PM to 12 AM, nine hours of of back to back O&A replays. As much as I like the replays, they allow me to catch parts of the show I've missed, XM could fit in Wease.

6-11: O&A
11-2: R&F
2-5: Wease
5-whenever: O&A

This way they still have a O&A replay during the evening commute on the west coast.

Biking Mexican

Jan 5, 2007
South Bend, IN
From 3 PM to 12 AM, nine hours of of back to back O&A replays. As much as I like the replays, they allow me to catch parts of the show I've missed, XM could fit in Wease.

6-11: O&A
11-2: R&F
2-5: Wease
5-whenever: O&A

This way they still have a O&A replay during the evening commute on the west coast.
I'm not sure Ron would get up at that ungodly hour.