Building a deck

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Fez man Recycles . i see the blue can.
thats my wife and mother in law, not me, i recycle my shit right into the garbage.

the asphalt drive way is staying for the time being, we have bigger fish to fry, i will post photos of the rear deck when i get around to taking photos

Haeder

South Dakota
I am damn near done with this deck project. Framed the table this evening. Installing the top tomorrow.

I'd take a small block plane or a small router and round off the corners to those legs...

Haeder

South Dakota
Haeder
General Delivery
South Dakota

(it works in Idaho)
I'll let you know when it arrives.

Amazon Prime next day delivery usually takes two weeks to get to my house. Might be quicker to do some mineral exploration and make my own router bits from scratch.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?

Amazon Prime next day delivery usually takes two weeks to get to my house. Might be quicker to do some mineral exploration and make my own router bits from scratch.
I was by an abandoned tungsten mine last week, there is a molybdenum mine near here, and I know of a big iron ore vein.

I really want those edges broken.

THE FEZ MAN

view from the kitchen door, i had the mexicans put the old stepping stones were the other half of the original deck was they have a few more cuts to make on the one corner but other wise they are done, with the exception of sweeping the sand into the pavers and "pointing" the stepping stones with the white marble chips. this is supposed to be purely an entry way but there was a dispute about "oh i like to sit out there" well go ahead, i would rather sit nekked out back instead of watching the neighbors let there dogs shit in the front yard.

view from drive way. i am going to have the boys add a hip wall along the back side of the raised patio to keep me from falling off, and to block the view of the garage from the street.

new rear patio from pool area, this was originally a 4x8 pointed flagstone landing that was denigrating into a pile of crap, not to mention the steps were a fucking death trap, everyone has fallen either up them or off them or down them, thats actually what got the project started, i fell down the steps when one of the flagstones came loose

Last edited:

THE FEZ MAN

view from the "sun room" or as i call it the hot box. the eventual plan is to remove/rebuild the hot box room into the kitchen for the house. the kitchen in this house sucks, its tiny and there is no bathroom on the "main" living level so our 5 year plan is to build a kitchen were the hot box is then turn the original kitchen into a bathroom/mud room

THE FEZ MAN

the new steps. i am planning on building some kind of custom railing to put up but i want to wait until everything is done before i decide what i want to do. for the time being i might just sink a 4x4 into the right side base and just nail a 2x4 to the house, my wife and mother in law are concerned because there is more than one step and mother can't navigate more than one step with out a railing.

I mailed something to nose bleed alsaka took three days...

TomC

uppity neobarb
trust me, its for my wife.

i am divorced once, i know when to choose my battles
Fuck, that yard look like a huge pain in the ass, are you someone who likes yard work or do you have more Mexicans.

THE FEZ MAN

Fuck, that yard look like a huge pain in the ass, are you someone who likes yard work or do you have more Mexicans.
a little bit of both, once a year i have mexicans come in and trim and mulch I'm actually making the yard smaller, if you notice the fence behind the pool. its about 20ft closer than it was when i moved in, i actually hate yard work. i also choose perennials that bloom at different times during the year so i have been trying to have flowers all the time that don't require planting yearly. i do need to trim some of the trees out front. but other than running the tractor around the front yard every week its not all that much.
yes i am Miguel the pool boy... house boy..... game keeper.... grounds keeper.....

Haeder

South Dakota
Storms chased us indoors last night. Tonight, we find out how long ice lasts in the tabletop coolers.

THE FEZ MAN

Storms chased us indoors last night. Tonight, we find out how long ice lasts in the tabletop coolers.

NICE! i was wondering what the holes in the table were for. oh and i really like the wood you used for that table. me and the old lady went out shopping today for planters to put around the edge of the back porch since we have decided that we don't want a wall or railing around it. (survival of the fittest) of course we went to 4 or 5 garden stores i found some nice stuff at one place but the prices were absolutely insane (why must i like expensive things ) we finally found two that we liked in a price that i would tolerate i am also going to dig up some of the nicer rocks and put them up around the edge to keep people from walking off, its not a high fall but it would be a shitty tumble

Haeder

South Dakota

the new steps. i am planning on building some kind of custom railing to put up but i want to wait until everything is done before i decide what i want to do. for the time being i might just sink a 4x4 into the right side base and just nail a 2x4 to the house, my wife and mother in law are concerned because there is more than one step and mother can't navigate more than one step with out a railing.
Your landscaping is well done. Looks fantastic. As much as I enjoy new construction I do miss the look of an established yard.

THE FEZ MAN

Your landscaping is well done. Looks fantastic. As much as I enjoy new construction I do miss the look of an established yard.
you should have seen it when i moved in, apparently the people that my wife bought the house from did NOTHING but cut the grass for the 5+ years they lived here, the pool was a cement pond, even had a turtle living in it. the fence was falling down, the plants had turned into a jungle. the stone wall in the photo was completely covered with thick moss and over grown to the point you could not see it, also the pointing was falling out so bad i was afraid the wall was going to come down, the ferns were so gigantic and over grown you could not even see the house. i wish i had taken photos of it. were the chicken coop is? i did not even know how big that deck was because of the overgrown forsythia.
what is really kind of sad is when i started cleaning it up i found at least 5-8k$ worth of old low voltage lighting, timers, transformers, wire, high end fixtures the outdoor 110v source lines all in outdoor enclosures.... I'm sure it was quite impressive when it was all installed but it had fallen into such disrepair, all of it was scrap, i looked into replacing some of it.... yea i don't think so. I'm cheep I'm a cheep solar light guy. I'm still working on getting some of the plants under control. and the fire thorn in the bucket in the one photo is probably dead so I'm going to have to scrap it, i like the color but the "fire thorn" part not so much. that fucker bites me every time i get near it.

Haeder

South Dakota
How long did the ice last?
At least an hour. Mosquitoes got so damn bad at sunset that we couldn't stay outside.

Side note - need to insulate the underside of the sinks. Thought the drain system was leaking because there were drops of water falling on the deck from the undercarriage of the coolerworks.

Drains weren't leaking. Drips were the result of condensation.