Building A Modular House...

Used it in my house. A little more cost than fiberglass but considerably less than foam. I'd use it again in a heartbeat.
My problem is I'm insulating knee walls so not against sheathing... guess I could do it on the bump out but prob not cost effective.

Guys are almost done... will shoot some picts in a bit.

The windows are almost exactly the same as the ones that came with the house only 3 differences:

- The screens are held in by a bow spring rather then clips like the factory window.
- The top sash has a handle molded into the sash to make opening a closing the window easier. The factory ones don't have that.
- There is this gizmo on the top sash that I have no idea what it does. I think it limits the travel of the lower sash if you have it open during the summer to prevent people from crawling in or something.

My biggest concern was that the frames match (they do) and the glass matches (they do) other then that... meh,

ysr50

Donator
I think the first floor needs more windows.

I think the first floor needs more windows.
And kinda thing I noticed around here... they seem to put less windows on the west sides of houses here... guessing due to how shit tends to move west to east wind wise...

Electrical rough in done, heating rough in done, most of the plumbing and insulation is done.

Just upstairs patching floors and took a pict outside my future office window...

Finishing the taping... having some issues joining the new to the old in the hallway...

Just got a quote to put the ceramic tile on the floor and walls of the bathroom... $4,500 for labor... why don't you go play hide and go fuck yourself.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Just got a quote to put the ceramic tile on the floor and walls of the bathroom... $4,500 for labor... why don't you go play hide and go fuck yourself.
They didn't want the job. Hence, why the quote is so high, or not enough Mexican's around and that's the 'white' rate.

Haeder

South Dakota
Seems high.

How many square feet? Are materials included in the estimate or are you supplying them yourself?

Seems high.

How many square feet? Are materials included in the estimate or are you supplying them yourself?
72 sqft floor, shower surround is 84 sqft for the shower surround. I supplied the Ditra for the floor, and Schuluter system for the walls, all the tiles, mortar etc...

Floor tiles are 18" x 24" and the wall tiles are 3" x 6" subway tiles (that the guy bitched about putting up) due to their size. And he said he would be there for 7 days... wtf.

Haeder

South Dakota
72 sqft floor, shower surround is 84 sqft for the shower surround. I supplied the Ditra for the floor, and Schuluter system for the walls, all the tiles, mortar etc...

Floor tiles are 18" x 24" and the wall tiles are 3" x 6" subway tiles (that the guy bitched about putting up) due to their size. And he said he would be there for 7 days... wtf.
Cost seems high. Timeline seems reasonable.

Day 1 - prep/level area
Day 2 - install ditra and schuluter system and seal
Day 3 - install tile
Day 4 - grout
Day 5 - seal
Day 6 - seal again
Day 7 - review/finish

Like I could prob do it... but haven't done it enough to feel confident to do it. Plus leveling those big ass tiles has to be a bit of a chore. As long as the bedrooms are done I can wait for the bathroom. As my parents are coming in the beginning of May.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Giant tiles are slick as a mofo. The mosaic type leads to less head splatter.

Giant tiles are slick as a mofo. The mosaic type leads to less head splatter.
They had some like 30" x 48" tiles that looked like sliced onyx at the fancy pants building supply... wouldn't even want to guess how much those were.

Gonna have to shoot some picts of them... next time I go down there.

Just moved 1000lbs of laminate floor into the house...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk