PC Building a new gaming PC

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I want to know more about the 2080 and Ti

It looks damn good though. Will wait for reviews

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
An opinion. Not worth anything really. I’ll wait for benches.
Its a good opinion though.

A 20-25% bump up isn't that great for a 400 dollar price hike.

I've also heard the price might be inflated to try and force people to buy up old stock from last gen that never sold.

Lots of shady shit going on because they got a monopoly on high end cards.

Bobobie

Is the Bit mining craze over yet? Can you now purchase GPU for a reasonable price?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Those things are why I'm waiting for true benchmarks and reviews. Not pre ordering. Especially since I can't afford it and need a new monitor first.
Nvidia is doing damage control right now.

Yesterday they started making up tests to try and say its 50% faster than last gen. No one believes them.

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Where is that from, Nvidia?
Yessum.

They released it yesterday because so many people started saying they showed no benchmarks and that the cards don't look very fast.

DLSS = Deep Learning Super Sampling. So as I said, its bullshit that most games won't take advantage of. If there is any advantage at all.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Yessum.

They released it yesterday because so many people started saying they showed no benchmarks and that the cards don't look very fast.
Welp, we will know soon enough. My GTX 1080 is still awesome. Upgrading to a TI really isn’t worth it. I’d pay the money if these newfangled ones are INSANE fast.

I’m still waiting for one card that can push 4K with aplomb. Whichever card does that first gets my money, along with a 4K monitor company.

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Welp, we will know soon enough. My GTX 1080 is still awesome. Upgrading to a to really isn’t worth it. I’d pay the money if these newfangled ones are INSANE fast.
The video I posted earlier said these cards are probably a money grab before the real card line launches next year. I tend to think that's a good assumption.

When I saw the 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti both had 11GB of memory I suspected something was up.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Thats 11GB of GDDR6 vs GDDR5x

The new memory speed is 14GB/s vs 11 GB/s

How much difference that truly makes I don't know.

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Thats 11GB of GDDR6 vs GDDR5x

The new memory speed is 14GB/s vs 11 GB/s

How much difference that truly makes I don't know.
If its like motherboard memory. Not much.

I assume more size would give greater performance than speed. I could be wrong but that's just my guess.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
The 1080's are really discounted now thanks to the new line coming out. Going to get a shiny new 1080ti I do believe.

It's always a good time of year when the new line makes its appearance and 'last gen' that's still good for another 2-3 years at least its suddenly easy cheaper.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
The 1080's are really discounted now thanks to the new line coming out. Going to get a shiny new 1080ti I do believe.

It's always a good time of year when the new line makes its appearance and 'last gen' that's still good for another 2-3 years at least its suddenly easy cheaper.
It might be that for me too. I still need a new monitor first.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
It might be that for me too. I still need a new monitor first.
They're too inexpensive not to. Christ, run two 1080ti's for the next 5 years and laugh at how you get 'eleventy' fps on ultra for any game.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
They're too inexpensive not to. Christ, run two 1080ti's for the next 5 years and laugh at how you get 'eleventy' fps on ultra for any game.
I don't have the money for one thing right now let alone three. Would be nice though.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
My favorite reviewer rips Tom's Hardware a new one over their stupid article.

Its such a stupid article that it even got him to swear, which he normally never does.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Reviews for the RTX series are still hard to come by but little bits of info are showing up. According to a square enix test the 1080 Ti is about 28-31% faster than the GTX 1080 Ti. Problem is its a 71% price increase for 30% performance bump.

The last generation, 980 to 1080 was a 50% performance bump with only a 9% price increase.

So its still not looking positive for the RTX series.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
When I upgrade my video card after my monitor I will be moving up from a 1070. So, unless I can get 2 1080 Tis for less that a 2080 I will probably get the 2080. All reviews will have come in by then.