OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Bullets fly, politicians attack police, at "young people" parade in NYC

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SaltyDelights, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SaltyDelights

The politician was also a "young person"
    How's about we keep the West Indian Day Parade in West India where it belongs?

2. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

How's about we figure out that these people are black, obviously not from West India. Does this guy look like one of Ammer's folks to you?
    [​IMG]

(You should be trying to move the aforementioned parade to the West Indies, stupid)

3. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

4. SaltyDelights

:trollol:

5. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

6. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

Fuck this. Shootings have been going on all day. I just heard a female cop was shot. Don't think its that bad but don't know the details yet. Fuck this. Shoot each other all you want. It happens every year.

Last night was J'ouvert or Jump up. J'ouvert is where everybody hits the street. It's just a mob of people. They have a "parade" which is just some flatbed tow trucks and platforms pulled by rental trucks playing steel drums while the people throw oil, grease, paint and powder on themselves while they bounce in unison. And the cultural dance of bending over and grinding into a guy. This shit goes on all night. And it happens every year. I was wondering if they actually get a permit for the night before but it doesn't matter because they would do it anyway.

The last couple of years have been tamer than the previous ones. But this year the shit was back. Fucking cops running all over the place. The news loves to show the elaborate costumes of the west indian day parade but they NEVER attribute the violence that is associated with this fucking mess. Last night in the 67-71 pct there was 4 incidents with 7 people shot and 3 stabbings. And that doesn't include the north side of brooklyn.

And I saw the white urban pioneers walking and dancing. Experiencing the fascinating culture right? I saw you with the cameras and video.. they'll probably go home and blog about how beautiful and rich with culture the parade/jouvert was, and post their pictures to facebook saying what a wonderful time they had. That shit was so loud and they were having so much fun that they didn't hear the gunshots going on around them. Literally around the corner as I was standing there.

Luckily there were alot of shootings all over the city and the media will say what a bloody weekend it was, but they will never associate the parade with the violence. Half, or more than half, of those shootings were around this parade area, if not directly on the route.

What the media won't say is that teh cops working last night took 17 guns off the street. And that was only last night. Don't know how many they got today. Highlight of last night was when aviation finally picked u the yellow dirtbike that the ground guys lost a few times. He was only riding around and shooting the whole night. But we can't chase them right? Anyway aviation had him through 4 pcts before they finally got him.

SO a couple of F Us
    1-F the media for never saying how violent this shit is and how it all evolves from this fucking parade weekend. They never say how cops are told to not enforce weed and watch out for "celebratory" gunfire.
    2-F the assholes for giving us dirty looks and hard times as we try to police this shit. Most of us would love to sit back and just go in and clean up the mess after it happens. Wonder how many shootings didn't happen because of the gun arrests.
    3-F bloomberg for also ignoring the obvious link and instead using it as an excuse to push his gun shit.

I did get 22 hours OT for this, and I was on the sidelines rather than in the middle. But fuck this mess.

7. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

More than three dozen shot in Labor Day weekend crime spree

BY Kerry Burke, Irving Dejohn, Edgar Sandoval and Barry Paddock
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Originally Published:Monday, September 5th 2011, 1:50 PM
    Updated: Monday, September 5th 2011, 9:22 PM

Brooklyn's West Indian Day Parade was marred by a terrifying spate of shooting that left one man dead and seven injured.

Monday's gunplay brought to at least 43 the number of people shot over the Labor Day weekend around the city. The News reported Sunday that 24 people were shot in the 24-hour period beginning 6 a.m. Saturday.

During J'ouvert, the traditional pre-dawn celebration leading up to the parade, four men were shot at an East Flatbush barbecue that turned violent about 12:45 a.m.

Tyrief Gary, 18, was blasted in the chest at the cook-out on E. 54th St. Three other men - ages 30, 29, and 26 - were wounded in the barrage, police said. The four were taken to Kings County Hospital, where Gary later died. The others were in stable condition.

"He was only 18," said Dimitry Foster, 18, who went to junior high with Gary. "He was a good guy. This is shocking."

Two men were shot at Eastern Parkway near Rochester Ave. on the sidelines of the massive march about 2:30 p.m. Monday, police said.

One man was shot in the abdomen and the other in the lower back after they got into a scuffle with the shooter. Both were expected to survive, sources said.

The gunman fled into the panicked crowd.

"Everyone started running," said witness William Long. "I saw people knocking the barricades over."

About a dozen blocks west on Eastern Parkway, the parade's main thoroughfare, near Rogers Ave., a man was shot in the leg about 5 p.m. Monday and taken to Kings County Hospital, officials said.

"He pulled it out and fired off two shots," parade-goer Pauline Mash, 29, said of the gunman. "The crowd just went wild running."

Around 6 p.m. Monday, a 27-year-old man was stabbed in the back on Rutland Rd. and Bedford Ave., officials said. He was taken to Kings Country Hospital.

"There were thousands of people out here," said Jerome Philip, 69, who witnessed the stabbing. "It was shoulder to shoulder out here. They couldn't get an ambulance in so they had to wheel him down the block."

At about the same time, a man was shot in the arm on Park Place a few blocks from the route, officials said.

In another incident, a gunman fired shots just a few blocks from the parade route, on E. 94th St. and Winthrop Ave., around noon Monday, police said. The shooter was arrested and nobody was hit.

The latest string of shootings came after the mayor on Sunday called the weekend's surge in violence "unconscionable."

Among the other latest incidents:

* A 15-year-old boy was shot in the arm in a courtyard of the Kingsborough Houses at Dean St. and Ralph Ave. around 6:25 p.m. Monday, officials said. He was rushed to Kings County Hospital. His condition was not immediately known.

* A 33-year-old man was shot in the abdomen on W. 127th St. in Harlem about 11:45 a.m. Monday and rushed to Harlem Hospital, cops said. His injuries were not life-threatening.

* A 44-year-old man was shot in the right leg at Empire Blvd. and Mckeever Pl. in Brooklyn about 6 a.m. Monday, cops said. He was taken to Kings County Hospital in stable condition.

* A man was shot in the torso at Linden Boulevard and Nostrand Ave. in Flatbush, Brooklyn, about 4:20 a.m. Monday, cops said. The man, whose name and age were not immediately released, was rushed to Kings County Hospital in very critical condition.

* A 24-year-old man was shot in the head in front of the Unity Plaza Houses on Blake Ave. in Brownsville, Brooklyn, about 10 p.m. Sunday, cops said. Donavan Dallison, of Crown Heights, died at the scene.

* A man was shot in the chest near Second Ave. and E. 99th St. in Manhattan just before midnight Sunday night, cops said. His injuries were not life-threatening.

* Two men were shot in the abdomen about 6:40 p.m. Sunday in front of the Marcy Houses on Nostrand Ave. in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, cops said. Kenya McCollum, 26, who lived in the Marcy Houses, was rushed to Woodhull Hospital, where he died. The other victim, a 22-year-old man, was in stable condition at Kings County Hospital.

* A 17-year-old boy was shot in the leg at E. 167th St. and Washington Ave. in Morrisania, Bronx, about 6:15 p.m. Sunday. He was taken to Lincoln Hospital in stable condition.

* A man was shot in his foot in the Whitman Houses in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, about 1 p.m. Sunday, officials said. He was taken to Kings County Hospital in stable condition.

* A woman was shot in her lower back on South Road near Sutphin Blvd. in Jamaica, Queens, about 9 a.m. Sunday. She was in stable condition at Jamaica Hospital yesterday.

Police spokesmen said they were unaware of any arrests in the shootings.

8. Guilty Spark

Guilty Spark It's freeing and refreshing

The West Indian is by far the worst out of all these savage parades.

9. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

And who will the parade organizers blame?? The NYPD for not doing their jobs and allowing a small minority to ruin their honorable celebration. At least you got some overtime out of it. I racked up 15 hours this weekend trying to keep the meat grinder out on I-80 from running full tilt.

10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Twenty years and not a thing has changed.

[video=youtube;idd5YoZ3JlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idd5YoZ3JlA[/video]

11. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

Awww shiiiittt..
    [​IMG]
    Parade-goers flee in terror after a gunman opened fire on a crowd on Utica Avenue.

This councilman got stopped for walking on a sidewalk the NYPD had closed
    [​IMG]
    City Councilman Jumaane Williams was arrested after getting into a confrontation with police, authorities say.
    and
    Really? Ask the 48 people who were shot this weekend what race their shooter was. I demand they apologize to the capt that got punched in the face when a crowd formed during the incident.

And here is the story about the cop that got shot in the arm. There were 2 dead on that scene...

Tomorrow we will hear all about how this councilman got unfairly treated, and we will hear all about the beautiful costumes and such. I wish some one would come out and lay the blame directly where it belongs.

Ohh and don't forget that while shootings were up, which is obviously the result of the loose gun laws in NY, that over all major crime is down 3% from 1985...

12. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

i blame the cops for not having fire hoses and german shepherds

13. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

there is no way that stroller is his. what black man would grab their kid if they had a chance to run from it? unless he stole someone else's stroller.

14. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

The beer was in the bottom of the stroller?

I guess this was taken about 8 am. Check out the art. My favorite is the dentist chair on wheel with the 2 fat guy and girl grinding on it )at about:36)... those drums and horns play alllll day.
    [video=youtube;3dR-aZZ4IbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dR-aZZ4IbM[/video]

I doubt you will make it all the way through but imagine standing around that for 12 hours..

15. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

That article sucks. Perfect example of shitty journalism.

16. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

At one point the CO of the 67 came over the air and wanted the units to push all foot and pedestrian traffic off of Church ave.

Then someone cam over the air and said "broken arrow".

cool story bro.. maybe, but I loffed.

17. Hate & Discontent

:greyalien:

18. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Whaa?! :icon_eek:

There were actual white people at that thing!? You'd have to be a crazy person.

At the Indianapolis Black Expo, if you see a white person, you can bet your balls they'll be armed and in uniform. The white people head for the fucking hills when that shit comes to town every year.

Those NY whiteys at that West Indian Parade be Cuh-ray-zee!

19. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

The "dancing" at 1:20 is fun.

This is about west indians....why are all the black people there?

20. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

Not my wording but its a military term..
    Mel Gibson called one in we were soldiers. Col Hal Moore really did call one in la Drang Valley in Vietnam in 65', which basically called all air support in the area. It can also mean a lost nuke I think.

21. NoSurviivors

NoSurviivors fmeinthea

just heard the shot number is 67..

22. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Don't worry... Bloomysteinmanbergowitz has it all figured out...

23. Hate & Discontent

Gee, who saw THAT coming?!

24. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

What a fucking monumental idiot. You New Yorkers elect some doozies!!

25. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

In Vietnam The SOG Recons had something similar called a "Prairie Fire"