Movie Bumblebee

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Still a tad too much greebles on them, but better.

Are they doing a whole new design for the tie-in toys on this, or reissuing the Masterpiece ones, because the Masterpiece designs are probably the closest to these (more than G1, really) - at least with Prime.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
The height of the classic transforming mecha design was exemplified with Macross' Valkyries, one of which was incorporated into the G1 era of the franchise as a Transformer called Jetfire. That and the Diaclone/Microchange designs really sold the whole franchise. If only that aesthetic could be embraced again. Maybe when a Robotech movie comes along, if done right, it will turn this even more towards that look.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
I saw the early screening of Bumblebee tonight. I liked it ALOT. It is amazingly 80's. From the pink bathroom sink to the Casio databank wristwatch with the qwerty keyboard. No detail is left out.

I thought it was better overall than the Bay Films. Travis Davis went with a less is more style and it works. He gets Transformers. The Explosions weren't over the top. The human-robot interactions were meaning full. The relationship between Charlie and Bumblebee is heartfelt and tear-jerking. The Cybertron scenes are short but very relevant to the storyline.

IMO they are testing the waters with the G1 shapes to see if audiences will like them. The theater was sold out, every theater that I searched out by me and randomly across the country to see how tickets were selling were sold out or near sold out at 1 pm today.

I took my 6-year-old Son to see it and he liked it very much. The audience reaction was very positive too. A lot of clapping cheering. Especially with the Cybertron scenes. If you like Transformers and harken back to days of yore, you will not be disappointed.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
With 26 reviews in, Bumblebee is at ... 96%.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
With 26 reviews in, Bumblebee is at ... 96%.
First Sony has a Spider-Man movie in the high 90’s, now this. If Aquaman pulls the trifecta we might have seen the end of HitW.

Never mind, we’re ok...

Stig

Make America Gay Again.
I don't know much about Transformers, but isn't Bumblebee a Camaro? This is Herbie the Bas-Ass Love Bug.

Stig

Make America Gay Again.
Oh God....

G1 Bumblebee was always a Volkswagen Beetle.
Sir! Are you actually replying with mocking disapproval because I didn't know the gospel of Transformers?
I just looked it up. When that cartoon came out, I was 23, playing in a band, drinking and fucking. :haha7::haha7::haha7:

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Sir! Are you actually replying with mocking disapproval because I didn't know the gospel of Transformers?
I just looked it up. When that cartoon came out, I was 23, playing in a band, drinking and fucking. :haha7::haha7::haha7:
Cool.

LiddyRules

23!

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
How many men did you fuck in the ass fagot?

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
How many men did you fuck in the ass fagot?

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Don't get your cock all twisted. I'm just busting your balls. Wackbag is slow again. It is taking Forever to load on my laptop and Taptalk. I wasn't sure that post went through. Anyway. Bumblebee is a VW.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Stig

Make America Gay Again.
Don't get your cock all twisted. I'm just busting your balls. Wackbag is slow again. It is taking Forever to load on my laptop and Taptalk. I wasn't sure that post went through. Anyway. Bumblebee is a VW.

I know! That's why I semi-copped to the dicks. This ain't my first Ro-Day-o. :action-sm

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I don't know much about Transformers, but isn't Bumblebee a Camaro? This is Herbie the Bas-Ass Love Bug.
Tha fuck is wrong with you?

Well, drinking, at any rate.

I bet you rocked those Casios.

DiggerNick

Donator
Initially Volkswagon refused to let the Bayformers productions use their vehicle because they didn't want their brand to be associated with violence.

I guess a few billion dollars in box office may have swayed some principles over there.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Initially Volkswagon refused to let the Bayformers productions use their vehicle because they didn't want their brand to be associated with violence.

I guess a few billion dollars in box office may have swayed some principles over there.
LoL This coming from the company that allowed Hitler to tell them what to do. Hitler ordered VW to make the Beetle. Fucking hypocrites.

LiddyRules

LoL This coming from the company that allowed Hitler to tell them what to do. Hitler ordered VW to make the Beetle. Fucking hypocrites.

The upper management probably changed in those 40 odd years.

Unless your argument is that a company is not allowed to change any of their operating procedures or corporate culture at all throughout its lifetime. Which is strange. But to each their own.

Hitler ordered VW to make the Beetle so Aryan children could punch Jews.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator

Unless your argument is that a company is not allowed to change any of their operating procedures or corporate culture at all throughout its lifetime. Which is strange. But to each their own.
I see your point. This is why GM and Ford lag behind all the foriegn competition. They refuse to change with the times.

Stig

Make America Gay Again.

Yeah. Now the upper management at VW produces cars that lie about their emissions and cost the company billions in fines and buybacks...
They could use a little positive PR.

Stig

Make America Gay Again.
Tha fuck is wrong with you?

Well, drinking, at any rate.

I bet you rocked those Casios.
No. I was more of a Telecaster guy at the time. :action-sm