Movie Bumblebee

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
So I just got home from going to see it. It was ok, a good way to spend a rainy, shitty Friday night. Kinda cheesy, but I expected it to be.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong. And I was wrong. This was genuinely good and enjoyable. Characters have arcs. You feel relationships. I actually want to see the franchise continue now.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong. And I was wrong. This was genuinely good and enjoyable. Characters have arcs. You feel relationships. I actually want to see the franchise continue now.
Yeah ..yeah... but what about the splody effects? Was there any lens flare or sass talking step and fetch it bots?

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Yeah ..yeah... but what about the splody effects? Was there any lens flare or sass talking step and fetch it bots?
Not that I saw. The technology has come a long way. You actually see the robot on robot carnage.

Sent from your Mom's box.

LiddyRules

The Lead never runs around screaming like Homer Simpson with his head on fire. So I'm not sure if this is true to the Transformers mythos.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
The Lead never runs around screaming like Homer Simpson with his head on fire. So I'm not sure if this is true to the Transformers mythos.
Was there at least a bunch of looking up dramatically? I need to know if I'm getting the TRUE transformers experience.

LiddyRules

Oh come the fuck on.
Continue from Bumblebee while completely burying the LeBeoufLeVerse. It's the rare solid franchise starter that works as its own movie. I'm not saying that a sequel won't completely botch it - it probably will - but I enjoyed myself enough that I would give a second one a chance. And if these movies are going to continue, which they will, I'd much rather it be based around Bumblebee. Do you know how much it pains me to say that?

Furthermore, did you see my comments on Mortal Engines?

Furthermore, Aquaman is next on my list. Then it was going to be Vice but the 5% for Holmes and Watson squeaks it by.

Then...Roma? Mr. Moonlight's Modern Movie? Mule? I really liked The Favourite, but no interest in Lady Bird v. Harley Quinn: Throne of Justice.

I don't think there's that BIG AWARDSY MOVIE this December. Jesus Christ, Black Panther's going to win Best Picture.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Upon reflection, I enjoyed Bumblebee more than the other Transformers movies. I concur that it would be good if they continued from this point.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Continue from Bumblebee while completely burying the LeBeoufLeVerse. It's the rare solid franchise starter that works as its own movie. I'm not saying that a sequel won't completely botch it - it probably will - but I enjoyed myself enough that I would give a second one a chance. And if these movies are going to continue, which they will, I'd much rather it be based around Bumblebee. Do you know how much it pains me to say that?

Furthermore, did you see my comments on Mortal Engines?

Furthermore, Aquaman is next on my list. Then it was going to be Vice but the 5% for Holmes and Watson squeaks it by.

Then...Roma? Mr. Moonlight's Modern Movie? Mule? I really liked The Favourite, but no interest in Lady Bird v. Harley Quinn: Throne of Justice.

I don't think there's that BIG AWARDSY MOVIE this December. Jesus Christ, Black Panther's going to win Best Picture.
Upon reflection, I enjoyed Bumblebee more than the other Transformers movies. I concur that it would be good if they continued from this point.
Where the hell are they gonna go? They took great pains to chain themselves to the Bay movies. No Megatron, no Optimus Prime, no point. A prequel to the prequel? A sequel where Bumblebee works as a prostitute?

blee

Will Drink Today
Watched it last night and it was ok.
I guess I had to watch the other shit transformer movies to kind of understand some dumb shit that I did not like.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Where the hell are they gonna go? They took great pains to chain themselves to the Bay movies. No Megatron, no Optimus Prime, no point. A prequel to the prequel? A sequel where Bumblebee works as a prostitute?
Optimus is on earth now. Lots of ways they can go. Not having Megs kind of sucks.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Where the hell are they gonna go?
Wild. Wild. West.

Optimus Prime and Megatron are both dueling f-ing steam locomotives. Oh, you thought the crater in Flagstaff was from a meteor? Think again, you dumb bitch. Optimus Prime frickin' choke-slammed Megatron into the ground that hard. Naturally, Daniel Barringer is our protagonist and orchestrates the coverup, becoming a beloved scientist in the process.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It's a comic book movie. Just time warp Zilwicky back in time and have him die while changing the timeline, or something.

LiddyRules

The problem is this movie worked because it was small scale, but sequels by their nature need to be bigger.

As for tying it into the Bayverse, I think the only connection is Bernie Mac in the teaser. I don't think they even allude to Bumblebee fighting Nazis in this.

But the Bayverse films changed their mythology several times, often in the same movie.

Pigdango

Donator
The problem is this movie worked because it was small scale, but sequels by their nature need to be bigger.

As for tying it into the Bayverse, I think the only connection is Bernie Mac in the teaser. I don't think they even allude to Bumblebee fighting Nazis in this.

But the Bayverse films changed their mythology several times, often in the same movie.
The director specifically said he didn’t use Megatron in the movie because the established continuity meant he couldn’t.

LiddyRules

The director specifically said he didn’t use Megatron in the movie because the established continuity meant he couldn’t.
Anyone who talks seriously about Transformers continuity should be punched in the face.

Pigdango

Donator
Anyone who talks seriously about Transformers continuity should be punched in the face.
Don’t punch me mother fucker I just repeated what the director said. You want someone to beat up, why don’t you help me kick @BIV ’s ass. He’s insulting Taylor Swift in the Trump thread.

LiddyRules

Don’t punch me mother fucker I just repeated what the director said. You want someone to beat up, why don’t you help me kick @BIV ’s ass. He’s insulting Taylor Swift in the Trump thread.
I meant punch the prick telling the director about the sanctity of Transformers continuity. We did four of the flipping films and got ten explanations of when, why, and how. And that's not including the one where Bumblebee fought Nazis.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator

They don't say how long Bee was on Earth for. He could have fought Nazi's.