Burger King Japan unveils a black ninja burger that licks you back

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Burger King Japan unveils a black ninja burger that licks you back

Burger King is bringing on the bizarre burgers once again with their new “Kuro Ninja,” a burger with a black bun and long, thick strip of bacon protruding out of one side. We’re not sure if ninjas ever stuck their tongues out at their enemies, but if they did and they were somehow magically transformed into a burger, this is what they’d look like.

The Kuro Ninja, or Black Ninja, is Burger King Japan’s newest sandwich. It has a pitch black bun colored with bamboo charcoal (nothing new), but this time, a huge slab of “King’s Bacon” juts out from the sides, making it look as if your delicious burger has sprouted a pink tongue. What’s more, that tongue is supposed to be that of a ninja…something like this:

The burger also comes with “wide-size” hash browns, onions, lettuce, mayonnaise, and a blackish brown Chaliapin sauce. The Kuro Ninja will be on sale starting October 25 for 680 yen (US$6.93). Customers who purchase a medium or large size set meal will receive Kuro Ninja character logo stickers!

Aren’t they cute?

Set your tongue on this friendly little raspberry-blowing burger while you can starting at the end of October. Like all gimicky Burger King entrees, this one will be gone faster than a ninja can stick out his tongue.

Source: IT Media
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/10/...ils-a-black-ninja-burger-that-licks-you-back/

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Odd bacon... kinda like back bacon but with streaks in it...

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Looks like a ham slice.

WadsOfShit

Dead to Everyone on Wackbag.
Oct 10, 2013
Why can't they do cool specialty burgers like this at the Burger Kings in America?

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
It's not ham, it's bacon, it's just less fat than in the US.
Bullshit. As someone who makes much ham and bacon, I can identify a cut. Anything on a hog can be cured to taste like bacon.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Bullshit. As someone who makes much ham and bacon, I can identify a cut. Anything on a hog can be cured to taste like bacon.
Yes. And everywhere in the world except the US, people use cuts from the side of a pig rather than the belly, for bacon. Hence, less fat, but still bacon.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Yes. And everywhere in the world except the US, people use cuts from the side of a pig rather than the belly, for bacon. Hence, less fat, but still bacon.
Amazing lack of facts you have there. Step one, remove spareribsribs. Step two, cure the bacon. See any belly in the chart? It is all side that goes into bacon.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
There are several different ways to butcher a pig.
You're thinking of skinning cats.

The belly is a skinny little sad thing after the seeds are removed. It was already split in half when the carcass was gutted. It is either a narrow little strip on the lower edge of the side or it gets ground for sausage. It has neither the texture nor the meat for bacon.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Amazing lack of facts you have there. Step one, remove spareribsribs. Step two, cure the bacon. See any belly in the chart? It is all side that goes into bacon.

Even with the colorful picture you've got there, I'm still pretty sure I'm right. In the US, bacon is made mostly from pork belly (same as pancetta).

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Where Bacon Comes From On a Pig
Daven Hiskey May 4, 2010 33
Today I found out where Bacon comes from. Now you might think, as I always did, that Bacon comes from combining two parts awesome with a smidgen of outstanding. But in fact, Bacon, or as my brother calls it “meat candy”, obviously comes from our snout nosed little bald friends, pigs, which don’t seem remotely awesome. Though of course, one can also find Bacon made from turkey, chicken, and even soy for all our smelly hippie friends out there.

More interestingly, what part of a pig does bacon come from? Well that depends on the style. American Bacon, or “streaky bacon” as our lovely limey friends from the British Isles like to call it, is generally cut from the fatty sides of a pig’s belly. Who says belly fat is a bad thing? If you ever find yourself in an apocalyptic scenario with no food about, consider caging a few of us pot-bellied Americans. Bacon for everyone!

Now Canadian Bacon, known as “back bacon” to the English who apparently like to come up with their own names for everything Bacon related, is made up of the tender loins located on the back of Piglet and his swine friends. This obviously produces a more “meaty” strip of heaven, without as much artery lubricating fat.

Then of course, we have the sides of the pig, which are also used for Bacon, but to which no country has yet staked its name to. Might I propose we call it “English Bacon” so that the limeys won’t insist on coming up with a different name for the sweet meaty goodness that is side bacon?

Now for preparing future bacon, after the strips of flesh have been cut from the pig, they are then soaked in brine or rubbed in a salt mixture. Next, the treated flesh is typically dried by smoking it from fires burning with various materials such as hickory. oak, etc, though it can also simply be left out in a cold place to dry over the course of a couple months.

Read more at http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/05/where-bacon-comes-from/#kivpXF2oupZyU320.99

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
American Bacon, or “streaky bacon” as our lovely limey friends from the British Isles like to call it, is generally cut from the fatty sides of a pig’s belly.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
In Japan, bacon (ベーコン) is pronounced "bēkon". It is cured and smoked belly meat as in the US, and is sold in either regular or half length sizes. Bacon in Japan is different from that in the US in that the meat is not sold raw, but is processed, precooked and has a ham-like consistency when cooked.[17] Uncured belly rashers, known as bara (バラ), are very popular in Japan and are used in a variety of dishes (e.g. yakitori and yakiniku).

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
What part of the hog is Canadian Bacon?
Well if you really wanna know, it's the loin. Remove all the ribs that surround the big longissimus dorsi muscle, which is the big round one in the middle of a pork chop. You end up with a 3-4' long round muscle which you inject with cure and rub with cure and set aside in a cool spot to cure for ten days. Then you wash it for an hour in cold water and let it dry 4 hours. Smoke it for 3 hours and then let it hang in the smokehouse at 170 degrees until it hits 154 degrees internal temp. Shower 5 minutes to cool it, hang it until dry, make egg mcmuffins.

If you really want to get fancy you make some Schinkenspeck. Take a fresh ham and a fresh bacon and cure them then roll together and smoke so you end up with something like this on your plate.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
even the brains?
They say you can eat everything but the squeal, however, I confine my dining activities to the meat, skin, and small intestines for sausage casings. Now I wonder if somebody has cured brains. I'll check my manuals.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
They say you can eat everything but the squeal, however, I confine my dining activities to the meat, skin, and small intestines for sausage casings. Now I wonder if somebody has cured brains. I'll check my manuals.
Check the cholesterol level of pork brains before you bother.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Doesn't seem too high since I only eat cholesterol every 12 days...

Chinese people (Of Course) eat a lot of pig brains. It tastes like pate. The flavour is amazing but it's texture is disgusting to most western palates.

That and it turns your blood into a thick porridge.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
mmmmmmmmmmmmm brains mmmmmmmmmmmmm