Burn Notice - Season 5

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Just a reminder, Burn Notice starts up again Thursday.

Set your DVRs for explosion.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I bet there's going to be a guy who seems to know who burned Michael/why Michael was burned. Throughout the half season, Michael tries to outwit him while doing episodic assignments. I also bet one of his clients is going to be a hot chick. Despite last season ending in Washington, DC, he'll be back in Meeeami.

Meanwhile, I'll wonder if Fiona has a job. I know she worked some place in the pilot/first season.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Been waiting for my Fiona fix for quite some time!

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I bet there's going to be a guy who seems to know who burned Michael/why Michael was burned. Throughout the half season, Michael tries to outwit him while doing episodic assignments. I also bet one of his clients is going to be a hot chick. Despite last season ending in Washington, DC, he'll be back in Meeeami.

Meanwhile, I'll wonder if Fiona has a job. I know she worked some place in the pilot/first season.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked it but I couldn't help myself. Now the season is ruined.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm in. But for how long depends where the story goes this season. The show is starting to run its course.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
I've wondered. Where did Fiona's accent go? She had it in the first half of S1 then poof, all gone

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas

"Whon yoor a spoy you hove to tolk loke yo have marshmollows in yoor mooth and have repetetove stoory lones."

My wife likes it, so I'll watch it. Fucking worst acting on TV -- and that sucks, because I like everyone on the show, they just don't do well together.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I actually like the acting on the show, right up until Michael tries to pull some stupid undercover tough guy shit and then he's just dumb. Or Sam with his Chuck Finley character. Blech.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
Haha, DirecTV's description of tonight's episode:
At least TitanTV's description makes a little more sense, though it's been done at least three times before:

Burn Notice

USA-E - 46 - Thu, 6/23, 9:00 PM 1 hr

"Company Man"

New, 6/23/2011, Action, Drama, Adventure, Espionage, Government

Michael Westen finds himself partnering with an operative for the Central Intelligence Agency in order to find and bring down the individuals who had him burned; the team tracks their targets and they are led to Venezuela.

Credits: Jeffrey Donovan (Actor), Gabrielle Anwar (Actor), Bruce Campbell (Actor), Sharon Gless (Actor), Jeff Freilich (Producer)

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
So we already know who burned Michael. So now he wants to know why. So I'm guessing next season he will want to know the day and time they burned him. The following season he will want to find out where exactly did they burn him. Finally Michael will know how they burned him.

Wasn't Robert Patrick's character the head of the organization that burned him?

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I still have 16 of the 18 episodes of season 4 to watch. The last three episodes I watched were blech so it's been hard getting up the motivation to start watching again.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'm not a criminal so I don't know how criminal enterprises work. But you'd think by now word would get around the Miami crime circuit that if there's a dark-haired dream boat you've never seen before offering you a way to expand your business exponentially and talking in a goofy voice, shoot him on sight.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm not a criminal so I don't know how criminal enterprises work. But you'd think by now word would get around the Miami crime circuit that if there's a dark-haired dream boat you've never seen before offering you a way to expand your business exponentially and talking in a goofy voice, shoot him on sight.
That gave me a pretty good laugh.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
I love this! I was bitching about the goofy voices to my wife a couple of weeks ago, it seems that's all he ever does, change into a weird shirt/coat, put on a goofy voice, and insinuate himself into the bad guys organization.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'm halfway through last night's episode of Burn Notice and I've begun to realize that I'm growing Entourage-level hate for this show. Now who plays the chick hacker?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm halfway through last night's episode of Burn Notice and I've begun to realize that I'm growing Entourage-level hate for this show. Now who plays the chick hacker?
Would Entourage-level hate for the show be started out as a cool little show that turned into a guilty pleasure. But then the show took a turn for the worse. But you still watched it either because there was nothing else on or you wanted to see how bad it was going to get. Then you realize you have better things to do with your time and punched out of the show altogether?

I'll still haven't figured out who the chick hacker was. She was definitely hot. Although I thought it would have been cool if Michael would have just turned his foot a little when it was on her throat.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
The show really has run it's course. Though it doesn't help that the show following it is sooo much better right now.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Would Entourage-level hate for the show be started out as a cool little show that turned into a guilty pleasure. But then the show took a turn for the worse. But you still watched it either because there was nothing else on or you wanted to see how bad it was going to get. Then you realize you have better things to do with your time and punched out of the show altogether?
Technically that did happen (show I kind of liked but never loved but now truly despise), but I'm referring more to the you watch it and you're like "Fuck you. You have to realize how stupid and hacky this entire thing is. Fuck you for disrespecting my intelligence." I never backed out of Entourage, and with its final season starting next week I won't, but with this show I couldn't even make it to the end of the episode. I just fastforwarded to find the best scene with Eve, the hacker chick.

I'll still haven't figured out who the chick hacker was. She was definitely hot. Although I thought it would have been cool if Michael would have just turned his foot a little when it was on her throat.
It was Aviva, the non-Emma Stone chick from Superbad. So thank you Superbad for giving us Emma Stone and this chick.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Is it just me...or is Michael's foe tonight Kirk Strong?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Is it just me...or is Michael's foe tonight Kirk Strong?
Jimm'ny Cricket 'iona, this bloke just claimed me a sheeple! I ain't been this flibbertygibbered since 'twas a chimney sweep in Wales!