Burnout: Paradise City (XBOX 360)

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
Anyone else download the demo for this? This game looks great and so far I've had a lot of fun playing it. There is something so satisfiying about rear ending a mini van and watching its windows shatter out. The online part is alot of fun too. Just smashing into each other over and over. Its like therapy.

Everyone I've shown this demo to does the same thing when they see a major crash (ie..hitting a wall so hard the back seat ends up in the front seat)...their jaw drops and they go "Hooooolllyy shiiiittt!!" Then they want to drive.

I can't wait until next Tuesday when the full version comes out.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
I have the demo for PS3 and I plan on buying it on the 22nd. Great control, love the free roaming around the city (and that's just a little corner of the city!)

I also like the instance online multiplayer, you can seamlessly go into and out of.

Definitely a AA title!

And yeah, the crash scenes in slow motion are fantastic.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I absolutely loved the Burnout games for PS2, I'm on this ASAP

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
I wasn't impressed. It looked like they got away from the crashing thing and tried to make it like NFS.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
I wasn't impressed. It looked like they got away from the crashing thing and tried to make it like NFS.
QFT.. I've never had an indepth interest of the burnout series, but the paradise demo just seemed boring and much like NFS.. shame.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
that's been the main complaint I've read in all the previews

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
I was really disappointed in the demo too. It's not a concept that lends itself to an open world. I'd rather have a list that allows you to skip races instantly. The open world made me feel like I was missing missions.

I don't think they've been able to top Burnout 3: Takedown.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I liked the demo. It's a little different than past Burnout games but it's been getting stellar reviews. I'll be picking this up for the PS3 next week.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
burnout 3 OWNED!!!

I will def pick this up just cause the both of us are huge fans of the series

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
burnout 3 OWNED!!!

I will def pick this up just cause the both of us are huge fans of the series
QFT! Still go back to it now and then to complete more races and crash events.

But I have to say, I don't like Paradise's open world game play. I heard when you start a race, if you lose or fuck up, you don't just select restart race, you have to drive all the way back to where that race started. So that's gay.

I'd rather select if I wanted to do a race or crash event from an overworld selection map, like before, but that's just me.

Other than that, looks like a super fast racer that looks pretty. Which is nice.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
For those who are skeptical of this game, try hosting an online session of Freeburn versus 3 other players. For a demo, this is one of the better online race and crash games out there. This game will shine online!

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
I just picked up Burnout Paradise for the PS3...can't wait to play after work tonight.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I picked up Burnout Paradise for the PS3 today and played some online and offline for an hour or so (at least it felt like an hour). Really awesome game -- the map is absolutely huge and there's a shit ton of things to see and do.

Good news is that if you are racing online, you will be transported to the start of the races instead of having to drive around to get to the starting line.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
just picked it up but i took a darvocet so if i dont pass out ill play in a bit

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Been playing for about 3 hours now and I can easily say this game is well put together and the controls are perfect. Barely Legal is right...shit ton to do! I'm up to a C license and have about 6 cars to choose from, each with different handling, aggression, speed, etc.

I'll be playing this game for a long, long time.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
To get the codes to work you have to put them in as all lowercase:

walmart, gamestop, bestbuy, circuitcity

The steelwheels code won't work until you obtain the Burnout license from I've read elsewhere.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
I played a little last night and was thinking, "This soundtrack is pretty good" when all of the sudden "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavinge starts playing. WTF?

Otherwise I'm really liking this game. I love how big the map is. The graphics and crash physics are great. I pulled an end over end flip, landed tires down and got credited with a "Driveaway". The only thing missing that would have made the game just a little better is a body flying out and rag dolling into the street.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
played online for hours last night... lot of fun

the only complaint I have right now is no aftertouch takedowns

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Barely Legal aka kingmob...you have some I-88 speed records to beat now, I took a few from ya. :D

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Anyone know what version to go with, 360 or PS3?

David Jaffe said this in a recent Gamasutra interview:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3519/navigating_a_crossroads_david_.php?page=4

Of course, I like my Wii; I love my 360, I think the 360's awesome; I really do love the PlayStation 3, though, and I was really excited to hear some journalists talking recently about the new Burnout. With Burnout, if you really want to play Burnout the way it's supposed to be played, play it on the PlayStation 3.