OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

But Bush, Cheney, Haliburton....etcc

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JoeFromS.Jersey, Aug 19, 2011.

1. JoeFromS.Jersey

JoeFromS.Jersey Registered User

source: http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/08/19/michelles-separate-travel-costs-taxpayers-thousands/

Think I covered all the excuses in the title. Though, I do remember all those stories about how Laura Bush was constantly traveling frivolously and costing the country hundreds of thousands of dollars too.....oh wait...no I don't. What's a couple 100k for our rulers though?

2. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    It's My Birthday! Donator

3. JoeFromS.Jersey

JoeFromS.Jersey Registered User

Saving precious mother earth wasn't worth waiting an extra couple of hours?

4. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

5. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

6. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

You seriously don't think Laura didn't travel ahead of W all the time?

And I love how conservatives are suddenly so concerned about global warming enough to put it in the article like that.

7. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Stop spending money, you dumb cunts.

8. CousinDave

W didn't promise a bunch of nonsense like "Hope" and "Change"

9. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

Spend the last few months railing against the wealthy... take your vacation at Martha's Vineyard...
    :trollol:

[video=youtube;BHSEheBbpOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHSEheBbpOs[/video]

10. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

They should have to pay income tax on that non-official use of benefits. That's what the rest of us would have been required to do.

11. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

We have to eat our peas so the royal family can have a few extra hours of vacation time. And BTW Obama gave Haliburton a no bid contract so its kinda hard to keep using that old line.

12. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Listen well, stupid fuck.

Halliburton is the ONLY combat engineering firm in the world who can do the job. There are easily 10 other engineering firms who could get into that business, but they all choose not to, so Halliburton is simply the only company capable of doing the job we need them to do. There's no conspiracy, it's just the way shit is.

13. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about a conspiracy. I'm just pointing out how liberals start with the Haliburton stuff when a republican is president but when Clinton or Obama use Halliburton their outrage about Halliburton goes away.

14. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Honestly, my mistake.

I'm just used to you being you.

15. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Exactly. And I don't care if it's Democrat or Republican ALL of you should be pissed off by this. Our country is broke, we can barely pay our bills. How about they both go on one plane and save the tax money. It doesn't matter if it saves 100k or 100 mil all of these little expenses add the fuck up.

To all you people with your little gifs and *yawns* your decision to ignore the bullshit because you share the same political ideals as the person doing it are just as part of the fucking problem as the people spending the money.

And to my fellow Republicans (and I bring this up because they were talking about it on C Span today) SHUT THE FUCK UP about military spending. Like all gov't organizations there is tons of wasteful spending. Slimming the budget and actually making the people in charge spend more wisely is not going to put use at mercy of our enemies. Worst case scenario the Department of Defense will just have to by their light bulbs from Sears at market value instead of buying them from contractors at 800X their normal cost.

16. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Yeah, this should not be a story about a democrat or a republican. It's about the fact that the people we elect feel so entitled to our money that they do not even consider for a second that EVERYTHING they do is being ripped out of someone else's paycheck.

17. CousinDave

I've said multiple times that the military budget could easily be cut by 2/3 and the country would be just as secure

With ICBMs, Ballistic Missile Submarines, Aircraft Carriers, F-22's, B2's, etc... there is no need for a million man + military

The problem is that politicians like to meddle in the affairs of others and try and police the world

18. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

I have never agreed with anything anyone has ever said as strongly as I agree with this. I am actually nodding my head with the lower lip scrunched up like some old man talking about the good ole days.

19. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Hypocrites are only bad when they're Democrats, right?

20. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

But the Constitution tells us it's OK to rack up billions of dollars of deficit on military spending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Thanks dude.

22. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Is that you admitting that Obama is just as big an asshole as Bush?

If we are fighting for our very freedom and I mean that in the most literal sense i.e. WWIII then god damn right we will and have the authority to spend and do what is necessary to protect this country and our way of life.

Now as for these wars I still feel that Afghanistan is a legitimate conflict but Iraq should have ended years ago. We should have started the process as soon as it was apparent that there were not weapons of mass destruction.

What do you want me to say? That Bush was an asshole? I said that long before this thread.

Your trolls are useless against the moderate fiscal Republican. :action-sm

23. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

:clap:

:clap:

I think this is the thing that disappoints me more than any other with regards to political discourse. It's really just one giant 'game of thrones' to way too many people. Both parties do it and the media are in on the game. If you dare to say "stop playing games!", it's immediately seek and destroy. I actually used to think I could have a reasoned discussion about all these important things with liberals, being that I was one for most of my life and consider myself reasonable. Instead, the majority of them only want to lie, deceive, smear, and play gotcha through the use of obvious hypocrisy and projection. These last few years have really shown me that liberals never gave a shit about most of the stuff they were against during Bush, they just wanted it to be someone from their party doing it.

24. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

You mean all that anti-war protest that dried up and went away as soon as Obama got elected? You mean the gay rights crowd that hasn't destroyed Obama for being against gay marriage? Yeah, it's hard to take people seriously when their hardcore morals vanish the day after an election.

25. CousinDave

Depends what they're being hypocrites about.

If they claim they're a Notre Dame fan to get the catholic vote, but in reality they're a Southern Cal fan, I don't give a shit and it dosen't affect the lives of the American people. If they claim they are for hope & change, but then destroy the economy, well then it matters.