Bye Bye Comcast.....no longer accepting firearms related ads

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
http://news.msn.com/us/comcast-pulls-all-gun-ads-from-cable-network

Comcast has announced a nationwide policy of no longer accepting ads for firearms or firearms related items. This begs the questions, will they and NBC Universal no longer air boxing, MMA, the Olympics, football, or anything else that is violent, shows violence, contains firearms (real or simulated), etc.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Don't they own MSNBC? Now surprising at all. I hope everyone that disagrees with them and has them as a cable provider cancels their service tomorrow and goes with a satellite company. It'd be great to see their stock fucking plummet.

KRSOne

Don't they own MSNBC? Now surprising at all. I hope everyone that disagrees with them and has them as a cable provider cancels their service tomorrow and goes with a satellite company. It'd be great to see their stock fucking plummet.
Part owners, GE owns the other half. Obama stays at the Comcast CEO mansion when he goes on vacation in Martha's Vineyard. GE also received billions in bailout so your tax dollars go to Ed Schultz. You can drop Comcast all you want, if leaving Comcast actually hurt them, they would still get your money in a bailout.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Part owners, GE owns the other half. Obama stays at the Comcast CEO mansion when he goes on vacation in Martha's Vineyard. GE also received billions in bailout so your tax dollars go to Ed Schultz. You can drop Comcast all you want, if leaving Comcast actually hurt them, they would still get your money in a bailout.
Where I live Comcast isn't available, so they don't get a dime from me.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Where I live Comcast isn't available, so they don't get a dime from me.
It is for me and I went to Fios and got better service for 80 bucks a month less.

Comcast can suck my dick and I still won't use them.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
my only choice for hi speed interwebs is comcrapst

I only have data with them so I will do my part and only buy gun and firearms related stuff through their service

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I have Comcast and I don't think I've ever seen a single gun ad on television. Though I do have on Justified and Raylan Givens is carrying a balloon in his holster.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
They kinda have a point. Commercials should be a soothing break from the endless loop of actors shooting guns at each other, that is American television. Just to break up the monotony a bit.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I have Comcast and I don't think I've ever seen a single gun ad on television. Though I do have on Justified and Raylan Givens is carrying a balloon in his holster.
You're not a sports guy. Watch ESPN, ESPN II, SPEED TV.
You'll see ads for that stuff.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
If they're serious about this, then they should stop accepting advertising for violent Hollywood movies too.

maz

TRueWDTer
Are they gonna cancel the Military Channels , and History , etc. ?

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
I don't think I've ever seen a gun commercial in the first place. Big fucking deal.

maz

TRueWDTer
Maybe the Virginia pizza place guy will start his own cable co.
I'd sign up for that

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Are they gonna cancel the Military Channels , and History , etc. ?
They'd have to cancel The History Channel. There's no sense is showing people what gun control leads to, is there?

Speaking of History, it seems like them and maybe Discovery used to have a handful of gun shows that are no longer on.

Other than Henry rifles, I cant remember a gun related commercial on a non sporting channels.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
The CEO and the rest of the board should be strung up and swinging from lamp posts. All fascists must DIE.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Speaking of History, it seems like them and maybe Discovery used to have a handful of gun shows that are no longer on.
I believe they were working on the next season of Top Shot but I haven't heard anything since.