Cable Sound Not Working

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
My DVR cable box is having a little problem. The sound doesn't work. I know it isn't the TV, because I tested the DVD player (also hooked up by HDMI) and it worked just fine. The cable box in the bedroom works fine, too, so it's just this box that's not working.

It did work for about an hour earlier today after an Emergency Broadcast System test came on. Weird that it was the EBS that kicked the sound into gear. Then, after watching my DVRed episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (both episodes were great by the way), I changed the channel and the sound shut off again. So I have no idea what's going on.

Later I'm going to try digging around for the HD A/V component cables that came with it and see if it's a problem with the HDMI connection. If not, I might call the cable company.

But, to spare me the hassle of talking to some savage, I'd like to get suggestions from you electronic whiz kids here on the bag.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
FIXED!

And it wasn't a savage on the phone. It was a kind old woman. lulz.

For those who are interested, the solution:

If anyone ever has this problem, try rebooting (unplugging, etc) the box.

That's what I had to do, and when that didn't work, she sent another signal directly to the box which caused it to reboot itself and then it worked.

Her exact words: "In the future, rebooting the box should help. If not, just give us a call."