OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

California Senate passes "anti-Arizona" immigration bill

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Jul 6, 2012.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

California sucks.

2. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

And I'm sure none of them came back... again do the paperwork pay the fees... it's a pain in the ass but not rocket surgery...

3. caniseeyourtaint

caniseeyourtaint Passive agressive douche

It's been said a million times but for some reason ignored. What part of 'illegal' don't these people understand?

4. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Why does California hate people immigrating from Arizona "whaa"

5. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

And some wonder why California is bankrupt. These morons will never figure it out. It's entertaining at this point.

6. MayrMeninoCrash

Because nothing helps close that budget gap like hiring hundreds more cops to go around checking everyone's papers.

7. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Same part they don't get about illegal drugs: by what right is it illegal?

8. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Oh, is it time for cali senate election year again.

9. Myhairygrundle

Hiring cops is what caused the CA budget gap? One of the highest taxed states can't get their shit together because of local governments hiring cops? Hardee har har!

10. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

Because there's a thing called immigrating to America legally and abiding by US federal immigration laws by making yourself known at the door and letting us know you're here and what you're doing....then there's a thing called immigrating to America illegally and breaking US federal immigration laws right at the border.

It's your right as a non-citizen to come to America and live and work here....as long as you come in the front door, announce yourself, and abide by our rules...which is the case in many foreign countries. Think of it as a party...you ask the host if you can come to the party and not sneak in the back door and claim you belong here and/or elude the host of the party. Sure most of the other uninvited guests may be minding their own business and are being courteous and helping make and pass out hors' d'oeuvres...but then you've got a smaller portion of them pissing on our rug and rummaging through the invited guests stuff. Kinda ruins it for the rest of them...especially considering I'm supposed to have a strict "No uninvited guest" policy posted at the door anyway.

11. caniseeyourtaint

caniseeyourtaint Passive agressive douche

Well just think...if all these illegals came in the proper way and were on the books...paying taxes...might cover that silly ol budget gap a bit.

12. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Yes, it is. However, that right is blatantly denied by American immigration laws which set a prohibitive cap on how many applications are approved each years.

13. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

It's not a party, it's a country. One that's supposed to be free.

14. MayrMeninoCrash

Illegals do pay taxes.......

15. Myhairygrundle

Under whose ssn?

16. MayrMeninoCrash

I didn't know you needed a SSN to buy gas or a basket of crap from Walmart.

17. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

There's a difference between hiring more cops to check papers, and dealing with illegal aliens as you come across them during normal work responsibilities, which is what this bill addresses.

18. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

You don't think overpoplulation is something we should worry about?

19. Begbie

Good, so lifting the cap on how many applications are approved every year, will stop these little lawbreakers from crossing into the United States and living here when they're not legally supposed to? Gotcha. But you said it yourself...it is currently American immigration law and so these people are clearly doing something they shouldn't be doing and are breaking the law.

You're right...it's something that is much, much more important than a silly little party. It's much more important and on a much larger scale than a small party with a host and his invited guests that are merely looking for a good time with friends and new acquaintances. This is the citizen's home country we're talking about. :icon_cool

"Free" if you're lucky enough to be a citizen, yes. "Free" for those non-citizens that want to come here thru the proper legal channels. Rightfully, not "free" for those who break US federal immigration law. Or at least it shouldn't be. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that we're not opening our doors to every person in every corner of the world to come and go as they please.

20. Myhairygrundle

Groceries are not taxed. Everyone pays sales tax you silly goose. I'm talking about the taxes that us working stiffs have taken from our checks against our will.

21. Begbie

I've heard that there are illegals that actually do pay taxes...how it's done...beats the hell out of me. But I would think that since the government is getting free money somewhere, they're not going to press the issue and find out where the money came from and have them removed. I guess it's like an honor system and the guvmint gets a sizable chunk of cash from them. Probably one of the reasons why there's no rush to "fix" the problem.

But then you do have illegals that aren't paying taxes...are burdens...and some that even commit crimes over here. We have our OWN citizens we have to deal with that are like this, we don't need more that we don't have any record of.

22. Begbie

I guess in a sense, this country could actually be invaded by it's own collection of new citizens. It sounds far fetched and almost Kirk-esque...but think about it...you have millions upon millions of immigrants coming from say, a country in the Middle East over the period of 5 years. Maybe they're all here to seek a better opportunity here in America like the millions upon millions of other immigrants coming in from every corner of the world each year and being granted citizenship. And like free citizens, like we are...maybe they all arm themselves...start buying up weapons and ammo. Then when the time is right...they unleash hell on a certain region and attempt to overthrow the government.

Crazy, I know. But I'm just pointing out that we need "bouncers" at, not just the front door, but all exits. We need secure borders, and we need to know who's here and who's not supposed to be here. We need to control the flow. It needs to be a difficult process to obtain citizenship here.

23. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

It cannot afford to NOT become another Arizona. Fucking sanctuary state...

24. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

You do realize beaners have been crossing legally/illegally for over 100 years right? There's spics that live in a mexican border town and cross mostly legally but some illegally every day to work for shit change and then cross back at night.

25. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

In all my years studying history I must have missed the part that mentioned there being laws that allowed unrestricted access to our country and its resources for citizens of other countries. There has always been some sort of criteria for entry. To have no limit on how many people can come here and have no criteria for who is allowed here would be incredibly stupid. Aside from the overcrowding I mentioned earlier, there would be nothing to keep unwanted people out. Criminals? Well, this is a free country and it's not right to hold your criminal past agianst you, so come on in! You have a contagious disease that doesn't exist here yet? Come on in! It wouldn't be right for a free country to turn you away and not even pay for your health care. You have 6 kids an no useful job skills so you're probably going to wind up on welfare and the school is going to need to hire someone to teach your kids in your language because you decided to come here without learning how to speak any English at all? Welcome to your new home!