Californication, Shameless, House of Lies, Whatever Else is on Showtime- Winter 2013

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Anyone on board for these shows? Because I had completely forgotten that I watch Californication. But I guess I'll wait until about half way into the season and catch-up.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I still enjoy Californication, and still fast forward through Shameless for Emmy Rossum boobs, although I suspect we've seen the last of them.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Watched all three shows last night (free Showtime weekend, so actually got to see them right after they aired).

Californication - thought it was alright, plot took a decent turn but they might be taking the show in a pretty shitty direction.

Shameless - holy fuck did they shake things up a little bit. The show is good at getting you comfortable and then fucking everything up... you actually forget about the statutory ****, down-syndrome baby, suicide, etc etc.

House of Lies - exact same show as it was last season. Drinking, fucking, and fast talking.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
I don't think it's worth its own thread, but House Of Lies is a lot of fun.

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
The pedo bit was great and hot.
The pedo bit would have been so much better if I didn't see it in the previews last week. It would have been awesome if she opened the door and I wasn't expecting it to be a hot blonde. They give way too much away in previews.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
The pedo bit would have been so much better if I didn't see it in the previews last week. It would have been awesome if she opened the door and I wasn't expecting it to be a hot blonde. They give way too much away in previews.
Don't watch them? Besides its not like they were going to have 15 people beating the shit out of somebody anyway on that show.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I normally prefer Brunettes, but Maggie Grace looks incredible as a blond.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I just read that it's the season finale of Californication tonight and I have to ask. Is it worth picking up? Because I haven't watched an episode all season and I haven't been missing it at all. I assume someone on here watches it still.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I just read that it's the season finale of Californication tonight and I have to ask. Is it worth picking up? Because I haven't watched an episode all season and I haven't been missing it at all. I assume someone on here watches it still.
I watch it... it's kind of a toss up. I think it's still worth 30 minutes a week.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I watch it... it's kind of a toss up. I think it's still worth 30 minutes a week.
If I abandon this season and come back next season, would I have missed anything?

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
If I abandon this season and come back next season, would I have missed anything?
Eh... kind of. There's a small Hank in rehab story arc, and an evil feminist. Runkle acts like one of the gays to get clients.

I kind of got the sense that this is the next to last season, but of course they haven't said that.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Eh... kind of. There's a small Hank in rehab story arc, and an evil feminist. Runkle acts like one of the gays to get clients.

I kind of got the sense that this is the next to last season, but of course they haven't said that.
But couldn't you say that about pretty much every season?

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I have the last six episodes on my HD unwatched, but have been watching every episode Shameless the night it uploads. It got that way with Dexter and Burn Notice when I quit watching those.