Calling all PESTS for your opinion.

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Hold Your Tongue, Unless You're Criticizing a Conservative

by David Almasi[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Comments considered to cross the line of good taste recently have led to a surprisingly large number of firings among radio hosts and staff.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Most notable was Don Imus's April firing from CBS Radio and MSNBC after he called the Rutgers University women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos." The outrage from Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others quickly got the veteran broadcaster fired.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]But Imus was not the only one:[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]As the Imus controversy raged, Gary Smith of WSBG in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania was fired when he made "I'm a nappy-headed ho" the "Phrase that Pays." [/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In May, CBS Radio fired Jeff Vandergrift and Dan Lay - hosts of WFNY's "The Dog House with JV and Elvis" in New York City - for broadcasting a prank call in April to a Chinese restaurant that used a caller with an exaggerated Asian accent and demeaned Asian stereotypes.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Producer Eric Gray of San Antonio's KTKR was fired by Clear Channel Communications in May for a segment featuring an impersonation of black professional basketball player Allen Iverson, saying Iverson shot an illegal alien and solicited sex from a Mexican woman.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In Boston, WRKO host John DePetro was fired by Entercom Boston last November for calling Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Grace Ross a "fat lesbian."[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In each case, retribution was swift and decisive. After all, intolerant attitudes - especially those involving race - are frowned upon these days... unless the target is a black conservative.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Consider the abuse heaped upon Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. On May 9 - after the firings of Imus, Smith, Gray and DePetro and the same week Vandergrift and Lay were fired - XM satellite radio hosts Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia laughed as a guest they called "Homeless Charlie" talked about wanting to **** Secretary Rice. Cumia gleefully said, "I just imagine the horror in Condoleezza Rice's face... as you were just like holding her down..."[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]XM officials condemned the segment, Opie and Anthony apologized and they were suspended - reportedly with pay - for 30 days. They still, however, have their XM jobs. They even continued to broadcast on their other nationally-syndicated CBS Radio show. Al Sharpton said they should be fired, but only days later and after consulting his "associates." Jesse Jackson refused to comment.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In Madison, Wisconsin in November of 2004, WTDY program director and morning host John Sylvester called Rice - then the nation's national security advisor - "Aunt Jemima." When asked to apologize by his critics, Sylvester said, "I will apologize to Aunt Jemima." He was not punished by his employer.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dave Lenihan, formerly of KTRS in St. Louis, Missouri, did lose his job. On March 22, 2006, while discussing rumors that Secretary Rice might apply for the job of NFL commissioner, Lenihan said: "She's African-American, which would be kind of a big coon. A big coon. Oh my God. I am totally, totally, totally, totally sorry for that." He never finished the show. He was fired immediately - not for demeaning Secretary Rice, but for accidentally saying "coon."[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]In the comics, Garry Trudeau can call Secretary Rice "Brown Sugar" in "Doonesbury" and Aaron McGruder can suggest a boyfriend might stop her from being "hell-bent to destroy" the world in the now-defunct "The Boondocks." Ted Rall can suggest she is a "house nigga" who needs "racial re-education." On the supposedly more-respectable editorial pages, Jeff Danziger and Pat Oliphant can draw her with accentuated black features and using poor diction.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]All of these people, of course, have a right to their opinion. They may not deserve the jobs they have (or had), but their fundamental freedom of speech is a cornerstone of our republic. The true outrage is the selective indignation - particularly among those who claim to abhor racism - when it comes to black conservatives. When it's someone such as Condoleezza Rice - an accomplished woman who has reached the top of her field - it seems a free pass is given to those who embrace the lowest common denominator.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Whatever happened to the notion that a sin against one is a sin against all? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]# # #[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]David Almasi is the director of Project 21, where he coordinates media activities on behalf of the members of the black leadership network. Comments may be sent to DAlmasi@nationalcenter.org.[/SIZE][/FONT]

DoucheSatchel

Get a job sparkling wiggle
Do as I say, not as I do....

What else would you expect from a bunch of bed wetting liberals?

Lunchbox420

In Madison, Wisconsin in November of 2004, WTDY program director and morning host John Sylvester called Rice - then the nation's national security advisor - "Aunt Jemima." When asked to apologize by his critics, Sylvester said, "I will apologize to Aunt Jemima." He was not punished by his employer

That was the best part.

Lunchbox420

Gee I re read the end of the article and now I am not sure if this pest worthy...I liked his end reasoning to a point. Up for passing this to the PAC for a response?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
My opinion is that story quite accurately portrays the situation we are now in.

I don't know what else you want???

alt130

Frunkis.net
Fair article. He seems to get it. I can't really fault anything in there.

That was the best part.
No shit, I was just about to quote that. What a set of balls... and take note, XM, THAT is someone showing that they are not taking the situation seriously. Not that he should have lost his job, and glad he didn't. Was 2004 that long ago?

Lunchbox420

In each case, retribution was swift and decisive. After all, intolerant attitudes - especially those involving race - are frowned upon these days... unless the target is a black conservative.
Consider the abuse heaped upon Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. On May 9 - after the firings of Imus, Smith, Gray and DePetro and the same week Vandergrift and Lay were fired - XM satellite radio hosts Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia laughed as a guest they called "Homeless Charlie" talked about wanting to **** Secretary Rice. Cumia gleefully said, "I just imagine the horror in Condoleezza Rice's face... as you were just like holding her down..."
Why does the race card get to be played?

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
I felt it was a call to arms to crush anyone saying a slur... he seemed mad that condelizas comments went relativly unpunished... but hes missing the big point.

it wasnt because it was con rice... it was because it was Opie n Anthony & the deep south.....pertaining to the radio guy with aunt jemimah. These two got a (so called) free pass not because rice is a head of state... but because the south will say FU to them and so will the pests... plain out fear.

onlt easy eastern liberal targets, the doctor said.

Thank god for O&A and all of us rallying to not be told whats right and wrong anymore... this shit was headed toward a political correct type of communism. And it must be stopped NOW! before it get anymore out of control.

Lunchbox420

Ted Rall can suggest she is a "house nigga" who needs "racial re-education."
I bet the guy who said this is white. What do ya think?

Lunchbox420

I think you nailed it... If he was white he would already be hanging from town square by his sack.
Oops I changed it, my girlfriend reminded me he is an asshole liberal cartoonist who mocked Pat Tillman and 9/11 widows. He is white.

That is fucking stupid, now that I've read it a few times. His perception is that it seems to be fine for people to goof on stupid Condoleeza Rice because she's a conservative...but he points out 2 or 3 different people who have caught some heavy flak for it. That's like if Bill Donahue was to say (as he has many times) that Catholics are prime targets for ridicule and then pointing out a few people who were suspended and/or fired for it. Fucking retarded.

Blu Swade

Vajayjay lover!
He makes some fair points but once again someone neglects to mention that their comments were made on Sat radio a subscription medium, and a blockable adult channel. Therefore the context is blurred again!

BadGuy

The executioner of Mouseschwitz!
I don't get the whole outrage over an "African-American Conservative". First of all, there's only two - Condi Rice and Maryland's former Lt. Governor, Michael Steele. Some might say Colon Powell, but we all know he's really white. Besides, he's named after a fart (Colon Pow). In the black community, these people are known as "Uncle Toms" because they became successful through hard work and not drug dealing, a basketball scholarship, or calling themselves Reverend and attacking whitey.

With that said, this is why people are becoming racists. Not because they are ignorant and were raised in the deep south, have three teeth, and were taught from a young age that they must join the KKK. The liberals would have you believe this, but the fact of the matter is that people that have to deal with these militant assholes on a regular basis grow to hate them. And who is more racist than those who are constantly playing the race card? How many views did the "Sparkling Wiggles" video get on YouTube? There's a reason for it.

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
Do as I say, not as I do....

What else would you expect from a bunch of bed wetting liberals?
Weren't these bed-wetting conservative colored people writing this? Isn't it a coalition of conservatives?

Or were you being sarcastic, and I'm don't get the bit guy?:icon_conf

Burger

Fuck ALL Forms of Censorship
If you check out their website you will see that they write lots of articles criticizing Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. I think that was designed more as an attack on those two than O&A and was trying to point out the hypocrisy in that if you criticize a conservative, you get a free pass but if you dare criticize a liberal, you are racist.

thetick130

Trying hard not to kill my dog
i believe that this article isnt attacking the bbboys or any other radio show. but in fact attacking the hypocracy of the left, which i agree with