Calls for suspension of Rover's Morning Glory personality

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
"You should get one of your friends to screw your daughter straight."
The word "rape" never came up in that. The method for getting said bi-curious/bisexual/lesbian daughter in bed went unspecified. GLAAD are faggots... again.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I was going to say that have your daughter ***** straight was a pretty irresponsible thing to say, then I read what he actually said. "You should get one of your friends to screw your daughter straight." The writer of the story and GLAAD are fucking reprehensible. He didn't say the word **** at all. Sure what he said was stupid, but to imply that he said that she should be ***** straight is dishonest and a dangerously irresponsible way to write a story.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Or stop letting these special interest groups run radio.

Having said that, I'd probably fire a guy for saying that on terrestrial radio.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I noticed I spelled daughter and irresponsible wrong, and once again the fucking Mozilla spellchecker screwed me again and changed daughter to Daugherty. God damn it.

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
Or stop letting these special interest groups run radio.

Having said that, I'd probably fire a guy for saying that on terrestrial radio.
For saying "***** straight" or "screwed straight", and why?

Rural Juror

Uncle Paul's nephew
Jun 10, 2010
OH
Everyone on that show should be suspended, simply because it's an awful show. Alan Cox, the afternoon guy, is way better.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
For saying "***** straight" or "screwed straight", and why?
Definitely for the first. Maybe for the second. As long as it's a decision made by radio people and not Reverend Al or GLAAD, I wouldn't care if the guy was fired.

Besides, it's a hack joke.

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
typical GLAAD...just make up a story and cry fake outrage. Clear Channel will cave bet on it

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
I wrote this shit:

You people want this man to lose his JOB over something he SAID? Grow a thicker skin. This was something said off the cuff (I assume) because these guys have to fill hours a day 5 days a week with TALK. I don't listen to this show, but let the man apologize because he was going for a JOKE. Just because YOU are offended doesn't mean he should lose his JOB.
And yes I know I will be fireballed for saying all that. Before I get heaps of crap flung at me, I am all for Gay rights, Gay marriage, complete equality and HUMOR. I don't think *ANYONE'S* job should be put into jeopardy because some people do not like what's being said.

Was what he said stupid? Yeah, I feel it's a bit on the stupid side, but I really don't think he needs to be fired.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Do you think you're going to change their minds? Their entire business model is based upon manufacturing outrage and getting people fired. One of our hosts even got in trouble and had to take a class run by GLAAD for something he said at his previous station. Of course our station is run by absentee owners, and management leaves as soon as their air shifts are over, so the guy now spends 4 hours a night bashing gays with impunity.

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
Definitely for the first. Maybe for the second. As long as it's a decision made by radio people and not Reverend Al or GLAAD, I wouldn't care if the guy was fired.

Besides, it's a hack joke.
I know what you mean, but if he can get away with it I think he should stay, even though the joke is foul and unfunny in its hackiness and ignorance towards homosexuality. Jokes that make assumptions that homosexuality is somehow equal or related to pedophilia or a choice are based on a false premise and bug the hell out of me. That said, if you're saiyng that to be ironic or purposely obnoxious, I might find it funny. .

Either way, I think I'd rather ignore it then deal with firing someone, but then again I don't know anything about working in radio. It just seems its more work to fire a guy for saying something shitty when there's no backlash in ratings.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
Do you think you're going to change their minds? Their entire business model is based upon manufacturing outrage and getting people fired.
It's a fucking sad world sometimes.

Some cunt posted her email to wmms, so I sent this to them:
I'll keep this brief. Please do not fire Dieter for trying to be funny. Take a stand and show people that they do NOT have a right to not be offended. What one person finds funny, another may not. It's HUMOR. I really don't think Dieter or ANYONE for that matter should be fired for attempting to be funny.

You'll have a lot of people sending in "I'm OFFENDED" emails who aren't even in Ohio chiming in due to what they read OUT OF CONTEXT on one website or another. These people will be in the minority. Let the man apologize if need be and move on. I rather doubt any sort of boycott or whatever GLAAD would bring to bear would make much of a difference. If one advertiser actually backs out, I'm sure others would be more than willing to jump on board.

Don't allow a small minority of offended people override what the majority of people enjoy. Sure it's a vocal minority, but it's still a small amount of people.

(unable to be brief it seems)

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Your email is well thought out and presents a good case. It went right into a spam folder. Making phone calls in support of the guy is what you can really do to help. Positive support for the personality is the best way to save him short of buying tons of ad spots.

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
This is my take on this
Both radio hosts and interest groups walk a thin line. Sometimes the radio hosts cross the line by doing or saying stupid stuff (killing a women with water, having sex in a church, calling a private person a slut), sometimes it's the interest groups that cross the line by being overly sensitive and targeting male oriented shows.

In this case it's the latter.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
They're here. They're queer. Get used to them getting their way because another minority isn't as organized to stand up to them.

Me said:
So 'Screw' means '****' now? If I tell someone to 'Go Screw' that means 'Go ****'? When did GLAAD turn into such thin skinned Babies? Such potential to help the LGBT movement forward, yet obsess over something a dumb radio personality said. Such a shame. The best part was how it wasn't meant to be taken serious and in humor (weather you find it funny or not), but good ol' GLAAD Knee-Jerk reacts to it being 'hate speech'. Again, Babies.

May 16, 2007
If I actually unpack what this guy said, it's reprehensible to me on four different levels. If I was part of the audience, my reaction would have been not to laugh at it. And I can see why special interests would have something to say about it, though unless it was meant seriously nobody should care who isn't a listener.

But advocacy groups would still get their news coverage without directly messing with the guy's job. They could use the time on the news to talk about the fact that what the guy was joking about on the air is actually being forced on gays in parts of the world to "cure" them. Send him a letter with their position that he can read from on the air if he chooses, which you know he will because it's in the news, but don't force an apology. Take the high road instead of alienating the audiences of various "offensive" radio shows from their cause.

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
jesus christ...what a bunch of whinny cunts. Did anyone even hear the fucking thing? Thy even posted the quote. Never even said ****...GLAAD did. This country fucking sucks.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
I listened. 100% meant in a humorous tone. They're knee-jerking like Sharpton did. Exact same fucking thing. No one in the comments section has listened to it. Vapid inbred retards, the lot of them.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Jokes that make assumptions that homosexuality is somehow equal or related to pedophilia or a choice are based on a false premise and bug the hell out of me. That said, if you're saiyng that to be ironic or purposely obnoxious, I might find it funny.
Did you mean to type "somehow unequal"?