Came Into A Couple Thousand Dvd's

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
A number of them are scratched. I have an allertec disc repair device which works but I want to trade in and sell these dvd's. I was thinking about the jfj easy pro disc repair machine on amazon for 150.00 The reviews are pretty good.

I just need a disc to not look like it was buffed which lowers the value. Azuradisc has a program where you can send in dvd's to get cleaned and it's a dollar per dvd. Plus shipping back and forth. I am only going to be doing it with the rare and valuable dvd's.

Has anyone else had any dealings with azuradisk? How did the discs look and play after the cleaning they do.

I get thousands of dvds at sales and need a reliable system for getting them repaired and resold or traded in.

Thanks

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Standard or bluray discs? How many of the thousands are damaged? Did you test them to see if they still work?

sillyfuck

Wackbag Uncle Tom
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
Honestly, I'm a DVD horder if you what to get rid of the ones of non-value PM me.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
You should have a Family Video near you. Get in good with the employees and you may be able to get them to clean them for you after hours. They normally have a disc cleaner, but I think if you slipped some minimum wage guy a 20, he'd clean the shit out of them for you when nobody's looking.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
You should have a Family Video near you. Get in good with the employees and you may be able to get them to clean them for you after hours. They normally have a disc cleaner, but I think if you slipped some minimum wage guy a 20, he'd clean the shit out of them for you when nobody's looking.
I worked in a store with a CD/DVD resurfacing/buffing machine. For the chump change that I made there is no way I would stay after hours to work for a customer for a $20. That shit is tedious and I had shit to do.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I worked in a store with a CD/DVD resurfacing/buffing machine. For the chump change that I made there is no way I would stay after hours to work for a customer for a $20. That shit is tedious and I had shit to do.
I didn't figure it was that big of a deal. How about 20 bucks an hour?

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
I made a face-plate for my wood lathe that I can mount discs on and buff out with a Mr Clean magic eraser.. takes maybe 15 seconds to clean all the previous buffing marks out and some of the light scratches. I borrow a ton of stuff from our library and those discs are often so shitty they wont play. Usually end up looking like new and play just fine. Just an idea, I don't know how much time/effort/cash you want to throw at it.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I didn't figure it was that big of a deal. How about 20 bucks an hour?
Its just time consuming and annoying to do. To be honest its just a huge lathe/grinding wheel mechanism with a light.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
Our Blockbuster (yes we still have one) will clean disks for a couple dollars each. Might be cheaper for some of the rarer ones then risking them to the mail

I don't have any experience with the expensive machines, but those cheap-o hand spinning cleaners are useless. Dont waste your money.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
I know what it is, but I don't see how it relates...I know the title of the thread implies that he gizzed into THOUSANDS of dvds....

Keep looking
not yet
almost
worth it?
do you like turtles?
Oh uncle paul
last one
Wii sensor bar thingy for gaming on a Wii...maybe a playing with your Weee joke?