• Yes, but it's really rare for it to

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • No, they will never work

Votes: 33 38.4%

• Total voters

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
From Friday's show both Opie and Anthony say that long distance relationships can't work. Opie goes as far as to claim that "Hey There Delilah" is a lie!

So I ask you folks, long distances relationships, can they maintain? Because I've been one for over a year and it's going on fine.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
From Friday's show both Opie and Anthony say that long distance relationships can't work. Opie goes as far as to claim that "Hey There Delilah" is a lie!

So I ask you folks, long distances relationships, can they maintain? Because I've been one for over a year and it's going on fine.
So you think :action-sm

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
was in one for about 2 years. Things eventually just wasn't working out right. Its a very long story that im sure no one wants to hear.

There has to be a lot of trust between both people for it to even last. Then again were still very close and great friends, the relationship just wasn't working anymore. As shitty as how things ended up near the end of it, she taught me a lot about my self and don't regret any or it.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Depends on the people involved. If you trust the other person it can work. If they're the type that will cheat if given a chance, no it can't work.

Just go to a Navy town the night a ship sails and you'll see the evidence of this theory.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Just go to a Navy town the night a ship sails and you'll see the evidence of this theory.
I'm always there the night the ship comes in.

In my half shirt.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
I'm currently happily married to someone that I met and started dating while living over two hours away from each other. I guess they can work sometimes.

Ari Shaffir

Dec 4, 2006
Hollywood
I'm currently happily married to someone that I met and started dating while living over two hours away from each other. I guess they can work sometimes.
2 hours isn't a long distance relationship.

And how long until you moved closer to each other?

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Mine did. My girl was in college for 4 years 3 hrs away does that count? We are married now (I guess that meant it worked).

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
2 hours isn't a long distance relationship.
QFT. It's all relative I guess, but if you lived in certain cities it could take 2 hours just to get across town. That's not long distance.

I say anything over 250 miles qualifies.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I think they can work with the expectation that eventually one party will move to the other's location. If neither party would ever consider moving then it's doomed right from the start.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
I dated a chick that lived 6 hours away for 2 years. I saw her every other weekend. Seemed to work ok for a while. Its nice to have that time off thats for sure.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
No, they dont work. 2 hours is long distance. I dated a girl for 2 years that was 2 hours away.

The best part of the relationship was driving, because i could catch ONA on my way there. ;D

Where i live i consider a 35 minute drive to be long distance.

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
In one now, we're on opposite coasts. Been about 4 months, went out there once. Working fine and I don't see it letting up. We've already been together 8 years and live together most of those. It all depends on a lot of factors like that.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
They can work if the relationship is eventually heading to a place where the distance will no longer be a factor. My parents met at a wedding and dated for 3 years while he was living in Wisconsin and she lived in NY. They were happily married for 19 years before my Dad died.

There are only two things that can end a LDR - trust issues and when they get to that point where neither person agrees to move closer to the other one.

Cheating doesn't end a LDR - If a person is going to cheat, they're going to do so whether they live near the person or not.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
You're lucky then Liddy. Long distance relationships never work out
umm, you can't get a short distance one to work, so how do you know about long distance ones?:action-sm

sorry, I couldn't help myself.

And I've never seen one work, there always winds up being some whoring around going on eventually

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Depends on different things.

If you were together for a significant amount of time before being separate, the chances of success would be greater than that of a new relationship.

Some people say "Out of sight out of mind", others say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". I for one have an innate distrust of people, so unless I felt I knew the person well enough, my own trust issues would probably destroy the relationship. It took a long time before I completely trusted my girlfriend, but now I do with confidence.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
Oct 4, 2004
"long distance" doesn't just mean living a distance apart, it means not seeing each other for months on end.

and no, those relationships don't work. sorry.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Hate to say it, but I dont think that long distance relationships that are serious have a chance of lasting long term unless one party is willing to move where the other lives, or at least close the distance considerably.

About seven years ago I was deep in a long distance relationship with a girl who lived in Cali. We stuggled to make it work for about a year but it was very hard. Really took its toll on me emotionally, too. Personally I wouldnt recommend a long distance relationship, but of course sometimes people just connect, and...

In related news, she was far and away consistently the best fuck Ive ever had, so at least I have those memories to hold on to.

wetandstickyjim

Drop dead retard!
May 25, 2005
Congers, NY
It all depends. My chick went to School 1000 miles away. She was four years younger than me. I knew she was going to be fucking around. Me too. Who could blame her. When she came home or I went there we were each others. We're married 15 years now and I'm trying to get her to go back there for her masters ;)

Maynard K

Get it right, it's Dopey & Aintfunny!
Nov 5, 2004
NJ
It can work if you dont mind her randomly hooking up with anything that walks.