Can O&A say the name of this new NAS album on K-Rock? [MERGED]

prozac

I Munch on Bloody Tampons for Protein
Nov 15, 2004
medication cabinet
Nas has a new album coming out...the link from FMQB is posted at the bottom. The album is called.........NIGGA

No way the bbboys can mention this tommorrow and the say the name of the title? I doubt it.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=494413

Nas has announced the sure-to-be controversial title of his next record: Nigga. MTV News confirmed the title of the album, which is slated for a December release. The Rapper is already slated to drop a Greatest Hits collection on November 6. Nas made the announcement during a performance in New York City on Friday night.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
I heard his last album was just gonna be called (Shit, the same word with ER at the end) but I heard he dropped it because of pressure from the label. He could possibly use it on a greatest hits album, just cause people will more than likely buy it anyways.

I doubt O and A will even be able to say the name of the Puscifer album, V is for Vagina, when it drops

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
Can they, yes, legally in every way shape and form. Will they??? I doubt they would even bring it up with all these radio Nazis and groups (gangs) lingering around. Wonder if good ole Al is gonna go after him for the title?

I doubt O and A will even be able to say the name of the Puscifer album, V is for Vagina, when it drops
When does this drop?

justifyyourgarb

Mar 15, 2007
October 30th
A couple of music videos are up on Youtube.

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
not for nothing and not to state the obvious, other than getting to say "the word", why would the guys be talking about the new Nas album anyway?

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Wow! Wait. You're telling me there's now a rap album called "Nigga?!!!!" One step at a time here!

We've had a song called "Fuck the Police."
A band that stood for "Nigga With Attitude"
And every other rapper gets murdered

Yet... the title "Nigga" is supposed to shock me. AAAAAHHHHHH! What about the children! Like said before, Nas is soooooo edgy. He's really speaking his mind.

justifyyourgarb

Mar 15, 2007
I think he admitted that he was only naming it that for shock value. I don't think theres an underlying socialogical reason for it.

BravoSierra

Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
I think he admitted that he was only naming it that for shock value. I don't think theres an underlying socialogical reason for it.
Then end the word with "er." Nigga isn't exactly shocking considering it's every other word in a bunch of songs. Not Nas' songs, but the other 99% of rappers.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I don't think O&A will get away with saying the name of this album. Of course, they wouldn't be able to say it if it were named "Scumbag" either. :icon_roll

BravoSierra

Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
We're missing the point. Why would OnA even mention his album? We're not exactly the same demo as people that buy Nas records.

the far side

Jul 6, 2006
Brick NJ
We're missing the point. Why would OnA even mention his album? We're not exactly the same demo as people that buy Nas records.
well said sir I my self would rather run out and buy a barrel or medical waste from an AIDS ward first

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
Because it involves political correctness. It involves freedom of speech. Opie and Anthony never talked about that stuff before?

prozac

I Munch on Bloody Tampons for Protein
Nov 15, 2004
medication cabinet
not for nothing and not to state the obvious, other than getting to say "the word", why would the guys be talking about the new Nas album anyway?
Your right...no reason to mention it on air but It's just interesting that they might get in trouble saying the name of an album that is will be sold in most stores. Just pointing out the obvious.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Can they, yes, legally in every way shape and form. Will they??? I doubt they would even bring it up with all these radio Nazis and groups (gangs) lingering around. Wonder if good ole Al is gonna go after him for the title?
Of course he won't. Black people can do whatever they want, but we have to be divisive against whitey.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Nas has a new album coming out...the link from FMQB is posted at the bottom. The album is called.........NIGGA

No way the bbboys can mention this tommorrow and the say the name of the title? I doubt it.
Sure they can. Ant will be happy to blurt out, "NiBLEEEEP'

BravoSierra

Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Welp, case closed:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302348,00.html

NEW YORK — A popular rap star's shocking claim before a Big Apple audience that his next album will be titled "Nigga" was emphatically denied Tuesday by his record label.

Not only does the rapper known as Nas not have an album called "Nigga" coming out in December, as he told a concert crowd on Friday, but he apparently has no album coming out in December at all.

"There is no album release by Nas on the release schedule at this point," a source close to Island Def Jam Music Group chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid told FOXNews.com.

"And they would be unlikely to release an album with that title. How would that look at Wal-Mart?"

But there's no doubt that Nas made the claim — which set the hip-hop community abuzz this week — during a Friday night performance at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City. The rapper's "Greatest Hits" album is set to hit music store shelves in early November.

Nas — whose hits include "One Love" and "Hate Me Now" — told the crowd that he actually wanted to call his last record "Nigga," but Def Jam wouldn't hear of it, and made him change the name to "Hip Hop Is Dead."

The rapper laced his between-song shout-outs with the N-word, which he frequently used to address his fans at the New York show, the last stop on the Sneaker Pimps tour (a promotional tour for the sneaker industry, as the name implies).

“Power to the people. Power to the real people!” Nas yelled to the cheering crowd, raising one arm triumphantly in the air. “This is our m—f— world. We’re going to do it our m—f— way. … Put your fist like this: real niggas only!”

The inflammatory word pops up throughout Nas' rap lyrics, sometimes written in the plural with a "z" on the end.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson denounced the rapper's remarks about his desired album title.

"The title using the 'N' word is morally offensive and socially distasteful," Jackson said in a statement. "Nas has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech, but there is no honor in it.

"Radio and television stations have no obligation to play it and self-respecting people have no obligation to buy it. I wish he would use his talents to lift up and inspire, not degrade, making mockery of racism."

The NAACP this week also threw up its hands at the news of Nas' claim, saying the idea showed a lack of creativity and was only perpetuating toxic terminology.

"We will not support and we will not continually be assailed by other individuals who want to use that type of term in our presence," said national NAACP spokesman Richard McIntire. "This has gone on long enough."

McIntire said the absence of such racial slurs characterizes the "real history of rap," a genre of music in which rhyming words are spoken, not sung.

"The NAACP believes in free speech. We are not a censorship organization," said Vic Bulluck, executive director of the organization's Hollywood bureau. "But we think [the N-word] is pejorative, no matter who uses it — even if it's to sell records. It shows a real lack of creative imagination."

Even Don Imus' camp weighed in, amid the controversy surrounding the shock jock's anticipated return to the airwaves in December, six months after he was fired for calling members of the Rutgers University women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" on the air.

In a rather surprising meeting of the minds, Imus' lawyer gave the thumbs-up to Nas' proposed record title.

"It's a good thing," Martin Garbus wrote in an e-mail to FOXNews.com. "Words like that should be deprived of their meanings, and then they can't hurt."

Several prominent members of the African-American community who have been vocal throughout the Imus scandal, including the Rev. Al Sharpton and Oprah Winfrey, were unavailable for comment on Nas' remarks.
Cliffnotes:

Nas' idea got denied...... blah blah blah..... it's distasteful.... blah blah blah.... Still no word from Rev. Alllllllllllllllll. Or.... Oprah? What the fuck..... blah blah blah.... he doesn't even have a release date for an album and the name will be "Hip Hop is dead."

I think "Hip Hop is dead you stupid nigga" would be better. That would be sh-sh-sh-sh-shhhhhocking!

E

ED_209

This would be a great publicity stunt. Do it!!!

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Welp, case closed:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302348,00.html

Cliffnotes:

Nas' idea got denied...... blah blah blah..... it's distasteful.... blah blah blah.... Still no word from Rev. Alllllllllllllllll. Or.... Oprah? What the fuck..... blah blah blah.... he doesn't even have a release date for an album and the name will be "Hip Hop is dead."

I think "Hip Hop is dead you stupid nigga" would be better. That would be sh-sh-sh-sh-shhhhhocking!
I think this was pretty interesting though...
Quote: "The Rev. Jesse Jackson denounced the rapper's remarks about his desired album title.

'The title using the 'N' word is morally offensive and socially distasteful," Jackson said in a statement. "Nas has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech, but there is no honor in it.'"

Really? A person has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech? Just like Imus' case? Oh wait, you can only do it if you're a "Real Nigga."

Fucking Hypocrites!