Can someone answer a NJ unemployement question?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
My girlfriend got denied unemployment and she then filed an appeal. My impression of the appeal was that there would be a 3 way conversation between the former employer, the unemployment officer, and the former employee. She called yesterday when she was supposed to for her appeal hearing and spoke to the unemployment lady who had no idea who her former boss was or basically anything about the case. It was like the first time she called unemployment. Is this right? Aren't you supposed to have a meeting between both parties for an appeal?

MJMANDALAY

Been working 24 years in Jersey never collected, thell them to give you some of my contributions.

ruckstande

Been working 24 years in Jersey never collected, thell them to give you some of my contributions.
That's the bitch of it, she's never asked for it until now and getting it is a motherfucker.

I was totally out of work between march & April & didn't bother either.

Good luck. Post the answer if you find it..

ruckstande

Still hoping for some insight. I know some of you motherfuckers have been unemployed in Jersey before.

Turfmower

I had one of the lazy fucks that used work for me tried to apply and I filled out the forms to have him denied. He would miss work show up late and hide when he was suppose to be working so he could smoke cigarettes. One day he just stopped showing up for work. and applied for unemployment.
Unemployment is paid out of accounts the the employers pay in to. the more times you have people collect the higher the rate you have to pay to pay back the amount that was taken from the account. The amount the employee pays in is very low compared to the amount the employer pays in. There are a lot of lazy fucks that will get job just long enough to collect and sit in a bar all day and not work.

ruckstande

I had one of the lazy fucks that used work for me tried to apply and I filled out the forms to have him denied. He would miss work show up late and hide when he was suppose to be working so he could smoke cigarettes. One day he just stopped showing up for work. and applied for unemployment.
Unemployment is paid out of accounts the the employers pay in to. the more times you have people collect the higher the rate you have to pay to pay back the amount that was taken from the account. The amount the employee pays in is very low compared to the amount the employer pays in. There are a lot of lazy fucks that will get job just long enough to collect and sit in a bar all day and not work.
I understand that, but what about the procedure. On the appeal shouldn't both parties be present?

How much does unemployment pay? I've never filed for it, but I recently got laid off and the guy gave me the choice of filing for unemployment uncontested or he'd keep me on payroll for a couple months.

I took the payroll because I figured 60k a year for the next 2 months was going to be more than the government would give me.

ruckstande

How much does unemployment pay? I've never filed for it, but I recently got laid off and the guy gave me the choice of filing for unemployment uncontested or he'd keep me on payroll for a couple months.

I took the payroll because I figured 60k a year for the next 2 months was going to be more than the government would give me.
I think it depends on what you earn. You max out at I believe $400 a week.

I think it depends on what you earn. You max out at I believe $400 a week.
How long do the payments last? Just curious in case this situation ever happens again... The job market in Dallas is a fucked up place these days, so who knows

ruckstande

How long do the payments last? Just curious in case this situation ever happens again... The job market in Dallas is a fucked up place these days, so who knows
I honestly don't know. I've seen people go as long as 6 months.

So lets see... 400 X 25 = $10,000

2100 X 4 = $8,400

I guess it worked out about the same, and I get it all up front and not a little at a time and I don't have to worry about DMV level government workers fucking with me!

Severance wins.

Sorry to hijack your thread dude, I had some unemployment questions myself! Good luck to the girlfriend.

ruckstande

So lets see... 400 X 25 = $10,000

2100 X 4 = $8,400

I guess it worked out about the same, and I get it all up front and not a little at a time and I don't have to worry about DMV level government workers fucking with me!

Severance wins.

Sorry to hijack your thread dude, I had some unemployment questions myself! Good luck to the girlfriend.
Thanks, things are tough right now.

Thanks, things are tough right now.
Bro, in the past 4 weeks I've been laid off, found guilty of a DWI I wasn't guilty of, got dumped by my girlfriend of 6 months, and because of the conviction I can't even drive away from my house to go fix things. (Because my registration sticker went out, and with no license I'm a magnet to go to jail... so until the sticker comes...)

I hear ya.

ruckstande

Bro, in the past 4 weeks I've been laid off, found guilty of a DWI I wasn't guilty of, got dumped by my girlfriend of 6 months, and because of the conviction I can't even drive away from my house to go fix things. (Because my registration sticker went out, and with no license I'm a magnet to go to jail... so until the sticker comes...)

I hear ya.
Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
I have no idea. I'm guessing the state website is useless? :)

I only collected once, many years ago, and only for about 2 weeks until I found another job. The job I left was a mutual parting. It just wasn't working out and they told me they wouldn't contest the unemployment.

Sorry that I can't be of more help on this one.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Boy, they really wanted to get rid of you... :action-sm

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Yeah, it was a fucked up situation. I was fresh out of community college, they were a small operation, and I wasn't trained very well. It only got worse as the years went on. :)

sledge30

My girlfriend got denied unemployment and she then filed an appeal. My impression of the appeal was that there would be a 3 way conversation between the former employer, the unemployment officer, and the former employee. She called yesterday when she was supposed to for her appeal hearing and spoke to the unemployment lady who had no idea who her former boss was or basically anything about the case. It was like the first time she called unemployment. Is this right? Aren't you supposed to have a meeting between both parties for an appeal?
This sorta thing happend to me about 10 years ago in Jersey. Sad to say you are screwd. The unemployment office set up a three way meeting in Vineland and the former employer didnt even show up. When I was sitting there wit the moderator they checked the paperwork and the former employer didnt even fill out the paperwork to contest the unemployment. And guess who they sided with? They sided with the company even though I at least showd up and they didnt have any contact with the unemployment office. Nice.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
You know who to thank? The elected officials that are too busy with their pork & christmas tree items in the budget. This state will fuck over the honest working people any which way they can.

ruckstande

Well just to update you, she contested the decision and got her unemployment. Her former employer had the chance to contest the turnover decision but he never did so she was gold.

I recently left my job of over 10 years, I'm getting the max ($463.00 a week ) Not nearly what I was making working but fuck it, this is great. It's like being on vacation every day. I managed to save a little dough over the years too so that helps.

Remember ruckstand as far as your girl, that's her money she's collecting. Meaning, she contributed to that over the years out of her paycheck. If you look on her check stub there should be a 'balance', that's what she has in her acct.

I've talked to people that have filed for 6 mos.. filed an extension and got it for another 6 mos. at a slight lesser amount. Watch that balance tho. :icon_wink

EDIT: at least this is how it works in Oregon