Can someone explain the latest Brexit vote to me?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Were the people who voted against it against Brexit, or are they Brexit supporters that didn't like the deal?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Apparently the brexit is hinging on an accompanying trade negotiation with the rest of the EU, but they can't get the deal done. So brexit hangs in the balance.

domelogic

They are pussies. Leave already. They voted to leave in what 2017. Another 3 month delay

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
The latest Brexit vote was a non-binding resolution to not leave the EU with a ‘no deal’ in place, which opens things up to have a second referendum or a move to delay. All the EU countries have to agree unanimously to allow for a delay, and I’ve seen conflicting reports about whether that would pass or not. The EU would probably be non-enthusiastic about allowing the delay if it’s just going to be more of a clusterfuck, but might be open if there was a second referendum on leaving-staying in the near future.
The latest vote is non-binding, but semi-important in terms of making a statement that they will work toward some form of agreement that will take care of their biggest concern, the Irish border.

Floyd1977

Brexit is never going to happen. Always the same that’s just a shame, that’s all.

ysr50

Donator
We in the US keep looking at their situation as if their government is like ours and the vote is binding. As far as I know when they vote over there it's more like the government is asking for an opinion from the people, not making an actual decision. Their version of government is why the pilgrims left and settled here way back when, and eventually fought for and won our independence from them. The people have no real power.

Bobobie

From what I've heard, the EU is obstructing by making a shitty deal where they would have to follow EU rules without having any vote, and shelling 39 billion dollars for a free trade deal or they can leave with no deal and it would cost them billions because they would have negotiate regulations and tariffs and establish a border with Ireland. I would just tell to fuck off and leave.

The big problem is that the person in charge of executing Brexit (May) is a remainer. If the Prime Minister actually supported independence from the EU then she would have worked hard on getting a good deal and getting out.

domelogic

We in the US keep looking at their situation as if their government is like ours and the vote is binding. As far as I know when they vote over there it's more like the government is asking for an opinion from the people, not making an actual decision. Their version of government is why the pilgrims left and settled here way back when, and eventually fought for and won our independence from them. The people have no real power.
If that is the case hen fuckem

TheLoon

Were the people who voted against it against Brexit, or are they Brexit supporters that didn't like the deal?
We fought a war so we don't have to care about whatever those silly crumpet eating rotten teeth assholes are doing...so to explain it to you...I won't

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Michael malice explained it relatively well, basically, they keep “voting” hoping to finally get the “vote” they want, and notwhat was originally voted for,
It would be like the US citizens being told that although trump won the election, the sitting government, who asked for the vote, doesn’t like the results, so, they will keep forcing people to vote on it till they get the results they (the government) wants.
It’s quite baffling.

Michael malice explained it relatively well, basically, they keep “voting” hoping to finally get the “vote” they want, and notwhat was originally voted for,
It would be like the US citizens being told that although trump won the election, the sitting government, who asked for the vote, doesn’t like the results, so, they will keep forcing people to vote on it till they get the results they (the government) wants.
It’s quite baffling.

That's what happens when you allow yourself to be disarmed. You have nothing to make them comply.

The big problem is that the person in charge of executing Brexit (May) is a remainer. If the Prime Minister actually supported independence from the EU then she would have worked hard on getting a good deal and getting out.
Bitch is doing everything to make Britain stay. I remember the smear campaign against brexiters right after the referendum. It was so obvious I can't believe some people actually fell for it.

EU is cancer. I really hope it collapses before it ruins all its states.

TheLoon

It’s quite baffling.
British people man

THE FEZ MAN

Bitch is doing everything to make Britain stay. I remember the smear campaign against brexiters right after the referendum. It was so obvious I can't believe some people actually fell for it.

EU is cancer. I really hope it collapses before it ruins all its states.
There is a reason Switzerland refused to join, those grumpy rich xenophobic fucks knew what was going to happen.

THE FEZ MAN

We have Swiss friends, and when we were talking about it they flat out said “the rest of Europe are worthless beggars that will bleed the system dry and cry when the money runs out, just like they did to the US after the war”

We have Swiss friends, and when we were talking about it they flat out said “the rest of Europe are worthless beggars that will bleed the system dry and cry when the money runs out, just like they did to the US after the war”
Despite being the most damaged country, Poland didn't take USA's money after the war.

The way the Union is heading, I am certain that we either leave it or it collapses before we do. It's ridiculous and it's ruining people's businesses with idiotic laws and regulations.