Can someone explain the latest Brexit vote to me?

Bobobie

The outcome of the Brexit vote was like our last Presidential election. They remainers all assumed they were in the majority and when they lost they spent the past four years screaming and pulling out their hair as they tried to reverse it.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
The outcome of the Brexit vote was like our last Presidential election. They remainers all assumed they were in the majority and when they lost they spent the past four years screaming and pulling out their hair as they tried to reverse it.
That pretty much covers it, they made the mistake of under estimating the will of the people

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
That's what I love about Boris Johnson; he reminds me so much of a limey DJT. Those two are gonna be a hoot together.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Good.
Oh the irony of having to suspend the government to enact the will of the people.
While said government shrieks about smashed democracy because they can't continue to thwart the will of the people.

lajikal

Good.
Oh the irony of having to suspend the government to enact the will of the people.
That pretty much covers it, they made the mistake of under estimating the will of the people
While said government shrieks about smashed democracy because they can't continue to thwart the will of the people.
Whatever it was with MP May, now more than 75% of the population thinks Boris is Dumb'er. But 'the will of the people'.. Mannn.. :haha7:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Whatever it was with MP May, now more than 75% of the population thinks Boris is Dumb'er. But 'the will of the people'.. Mannn.. :haha7:

What planet are you living on? Or is Canada some weird utopia

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Good points.

Love threads that confine themselves to thoughtful analys-

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
For fuck's sake UK. Just get the fuck out.

Brexit: No-deal opponents defeat government

Tory rebels and opposition MPs have defeated the government in the first stage of their attempt to pass a law designed to prevent a no-deal Brexit.
The Commons voted 328 to 301 to take control of the agenda, meaning they can bring forward a bill seeking to delay the UK's exit date.
In response, Boris Johnson said he would bring forward a motion for an early general election.
Jeremy Corbyn said the bill should be passed before an election was held.
In total 21 Tory MPs, including a number of ex-cabinet ministers, joined opposition parties to defeat the government.
The government warned in advance that it would remove the whip - effectively expel - any MPs who chose to vote against it.
The prime minister said the MPs' bill would "hand control" of Brexit negotiations to the EU and bring "more dither, more delay, more confusion".
He told MPs he had no choice but to press ahead with efforts to call an October election, adding: "The people of this country will have to choose."
The result means the MPs will be able to take control of Commons business on Wednesday.
That will give them the chance to introduce a cross-party bill which would force the prime minister to ask for Brexit to be delayed until 31 January, unless MPs approve a new deal, or vote in favour of a no-deal exit, by 19 October.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
He needs to stop pretending like he wants anything other than the chaos that comes from a no-deal exit.

BIV

He needs to stop pretending like he wants anything other than the chaos that comes from a no-deal exit.
There will be no exit without a no deal exit, that's the point. A deal that is good for the UK will never be made.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
There will be no exit without a no deal exit, that's the point. A deal that is good for the UK will never be made.
Nope.
Started to respond, but nope.
Learning my lesson these days. Nope.

BIV

Aaand the UK government continues to fuck it's own people in the ass.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aaand the UK government continues to fuck it's own people in the ass.
It's gonna be interesting if they don't follow through on Brexit. I suspect some Brits are gonna be pretty pissed off.

BIV

It's gonna be interesting if they don't follow through on Brexit. I suspect some Brits are gonna be pretty pissed off.
Don't piss off the 'ooligans.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
So I assume the remain folks want to eventually push for another vote to reverse Brexit. In a way I get it - the complexities in leaving were obviously not made clear before the first vote. My question is - what happens if they vote to leave again?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
So I assume the remain folks want to eventually push for another vote to reverse Brexit. In a way I get it - the complexities in leaving were obviously not made clear before the first vote. My question is - what happens if they vote to leave again?
Five more years of this and then another vote.