Canada denies Randy Quaid's request to stay eh...

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

ILE - In this Feb. 23, 2011, file photo, U.S. actor Randy Quaid smiles during a news conference in Vancouver, British Columbia. Canadian immigration officials have denied U.S. actor Randy Quaid's request for permanent resident status in Canada, a Canadian government official confirmed late Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

TORONTO (AP) — Canadian immigration officials have denied U.S. actor Randy Quaid’s request for permanent resident status in Canada.

A Canadian government official confirmed late Saturday his request for permanent status has been denied. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. Quaid can appeal the decision to the federal court.

U.S. officials last year refused to seek extradition of the actor and his wife from Canada to face felony vandalism charges in Santa Barbara, California, but authorities in the coastal town say they'll still have the couple arrested if they return to the states.

Quaid has sought to stay in Canada, claiming he was being hunted by ‘‘Hollywood star-whackers’’ who had killed his friends David Carradine and Heath Ledger.

Quaid’s trouble began in 2010 when he and his wife were arrested for causing more than $5,000 damage at a hillside home they were renting.

Randy Quaid is the older brother of actor Dennis Quaid and is best-known for his roles in films such as ‘‘National Lampoon’s Vacation’’ and ‘‘Independence Day.’’ He won a Golden Globe award for his depiction of President Lyndon Johnson in a TV movie in the late 1980s.
Link

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.
Then you aren't fucking supposed to be talking at all. See how that works?

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
What if there really is a Hollywood star whacker?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
What if there really is a Hollywood star whacker?
Then we'd have more celebrities under the age of 80 dying. Also, I doubt Carradine and Randy Quaid would be on his list.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
David Carradine shall always bring the LOLZ when it comes to celebrity deaths.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
They're hoping for an even swap for Peirs Morgan.
They can have Quaid, and I'll give them Morgan for free. Really. I will. No questions asked. He's free for the taking. They could even use him for baby seal clubbing practice if they so chose to do.