Canada to Deport US Deserters

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21794024/

At least 2 are facing imminent deportation, could lead to as many as 300 more. They will each face possible court martial and possibly further prosecution. Yep, bet that Dishonorable Discharge will make the 3 to 4 years in Canada worthwhile won't it boys. Essentially you'll have the equivelant of a Class 4 civilian felony on your record for life. No more gov't jobs, no firearms, piss poor job prospects.

Oh yeah, and central KS in the summertime is a playground, enjoy Leavenworth.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Outstanding news, I hope the MPs are right at the border as they cross over. A couple of years of hard labor in Leavenworth should do them good.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
its kind of funny they ran to a country that is also fighting the same "war" not like viet nam, idiots

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
That'll teach them to join the military past 2004. :rotf:

I hope we can make an example out of these guys, just like we did with the soldiers in Iraq. If you're expecting to return to the US in return for your service we will send you straight back to the desert.

Aug 11, 2005
too bad america wont deport some illeagal peeps here

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
That'll teach them to join the military past 2004. :rotf:
I totally agree. It's not like the signed up in 2000 and then we went to war. The signed up AFTER we were already in Iraq. Perhaps the recruiter lied & said they wouldn't do tours in Iraq. That's just fucking life. I've worked a few jobs where situations changed & it ended up being NOT what I signed up for.

So much for going to Canada if they re-instate the draft.
That's *why* Canada is deporting them. It is voluntary service, and these boys were not drafted. If they were Canada might allow them to stay.

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I totally agree. It's not like the signed up in 2000 and then we went to war. The signed up AFTER we were already in Iraq. Perhaps the recruiter lied & said they wouldn't do tours in Iraq. That's just fucking life. I've worked a few jobs where situations changed & it ended up being NOT what I signed up for.

That's *why* Canada is deporting them. It is voluntary service, and these boys were not drafted. If they were Canada might allow them to stay.
I was thinking along the same exact lines when I read those posts.

What gets me is there are a lot of men and women who go to Iraq or Afghanistan, scared out of their minds but, they still honor their commitments and do their duty. They are brave and honorable men and women who deserve our respect and appreciation. Those who ran to Canada are cowards and should face the full repercussions of their acts.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Well we didn't go into Iraq until 2003. And alot of people signed up in 2001 & 2002 because of the Sept 11 attacks. So I don't count them among those knowing they were signing up to go to Iraq.
You may sign up and never see Iraq, yet you may end up having Iraq as your first posting. You may get sent to Iraq where ain't much going on and you may get sent to where its all hitting the fan. It's a crap shoot!
That is the problem with signing up. Alot of people joined the armed services, voluntarily, when Kennedy took office after the "What you can do for your country" speech and thought that they could do their part...only to end up fighting in Vietnam. Alot of people signed up after the Sept 11 attacks, then end up being in Iraq.
Some people are signing up to be a soldier, to be a soldier. Those I gotta respect knowing they could end up there. But now there is probably alot less people signing up for the benefits like they were 10 years ago.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Worst of all you might get sent to Iraq, and after your year you get sent to Iraq again. And then if you're really unlucky you get sent to Iraq again after that.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
Christ, if you sign up for "Military Duty", you face the fact that "YOU" might have to go to "WAR". I was in the NG down in Fla when the first skirmish went on. I remember one day , when we were down drawing our weapons and 1 prick had the audasity to spurt out, " I didn't join the military, to go to war, I did it to pay for my college". Luckily I never had to go fight , but to join the "ARMED FORCES" then wimp out, that person should be shot in the back, either leaving the gate , or when the step foot in this country that "THEY" promised to serve.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Worst of all you might get sent to Iraq, and after your year you get sent to Iraq again. And then if you're really unlucky you get sent to Iraq again after that.
Or get sent to Iraq and just about when you are about to get rotated out, they make you stay another 6 months. Gotta be the worst!

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
Or get sent to Iraq and just about when you are about to get rotated out, they make you stay another 6 months. Gotta be the worst!
That's the worst part about being in the military, your ass belongs to "them" for 8 years. If they still need you they just keep you, too bad you don't have Scott Boras as an agent , & opt out for a better contract.

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Christ, if you sign up for "Military Duty", you face the fact that "YOU" might have to go to "WAR". I was in the NG down in Fla when the first skirmish went on. I remember one day , when we were down drawing our weapons and 1 prick had the audasity to spurt out, " I didn't join the military, to go to war, I did it to pay for my college".
Very important point, there were people who signed up for the benefits but never considereed the responsibility or the debt owed for those checks.

cozzie;2238871Luckily I never had to go fight said:
but to join the "ARMED FORCES" then wimp out, that person should be shot in the back, either leaving the gate , or when the step foot in this country that "THEY" promised to serve.[/B]
In total agreement. :clap::clap::clap: