Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier ☃- 4/4/14

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I was reading a very bad translation of a Joss Whedon interview, and he mentioned how he'd already been given a new character for Avengers 2. I somehow completely missed that they had already cast Anthony Mackie as Falcon:

Now it looks like Liddy's girl Anna Kendrick is up for the role of Sharon Carter, along with a couple of other suitably attractive ladies:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=65993

Comic book fans of course know who at least one of the villains for the movie is based on the title.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Joe Johnston whoever he is, wont be returning for Capt 2

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
Joe Johnston whoever he is, wont be returning for Capt 2
I'm VERY mixed on this. I thought his direction on Cap was fantastic, but have found other works of his to be painful (The Wolfman, Jurassic Park 3). And since my other favorite work of his was the Rocketeer, a case can be made that he works well with WW2 period pieces (involving superheroes), so him not being on a modern day Cap movie is probably for the best.

I guess.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
I was reading a very bad translation of a Joss Whedon interview, and he mentioned how he'd already been given a new character for Avengers 2. I somehow completely missed that they had already cast Anthony Mackie as Falcon:

Now it looks like Liddy's girl Anna Kendrick is up for the role of Sharon Carter, along with a couple of other suitably attractive ladies:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=65993

Comic book fans of course know who at least one of the villains for the movie is based on the title.
I am psyched for the Falcon and hope they kind of follow the comics by using a visit to Wakanda to get Sam his wings.

Dec 12, 2007
I am psyched for the Falcon and hope they kind of follow the comics by using a visit to Wakanda to get Sam his wings.
My guess is his wings will be from some other place. Black Panther cameo means more money on image licensing versus saying the government made them for him.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I know nothing of this Falcon.

We's gots us a brotha supers hero yo!

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
My guess is his wings will be from some other place. Black Panther cameo means more money on image licensing versus saying the government made them for him.
Since they're already talking Black Panther movie (again), the image licensing is gonna happen anyway and you may as well use an existing property as a springboard.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I know nothing of this Falcon.

We's gots us a brotha supers hero yo!
He was the first African-American super hero. Black Panther was the first colored hero but was from Africa. He also was thought to be a mutant for a short time with the power to talk to birds but that was retconned out. He can only communicate with his falcon, Redwing due to something the Red Skull did that I can't remember.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
He was the first African-American super hero. Black Panther was the first colored hero but was from Africa. He also was thought to be a mutant for a short time with the power to talk to birds but that was retconned out. He can only communicate with his falcon, Redwing due to something the Red Skull did that I can't remember.
a) Way to put the bobo in your screen name by taking him seriously.

b) He's a mutant who can talk to birds.

Seriously.

Still cooler than Aquaman.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
a) Way to put the bobo in your screen name by taking him seriously.

b) He's a mutant who can talk to birds.

Seriously.

Still cooler than Aquaman.
I wasn't sure with this board but thought I'd throw out some of the useless information stored in my brain. He is no longer considered a mutant though and can only communicate with Redwing.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
And the Bobo was in my name long before lil Daniel ever came to the show.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
I wasn't sure with this board but thought I'd throw out some of the useless information stored in my brain. He is no longer considered a mutant though and can only communicate with Redwing.

If true, I could not be happier. There was a while there when slapping "mutant" on everything was getting silly.

Of course, "Nazi Supervillian used a cosmic paperweight to let me talk to a bird" isn't exaclty sublime.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
And apparently I'm wrong about controlling other birds. From Wiki
In his earliest appearances Falcon exhibits a close bond with his bird Redwing, which in Captain America #174 Professor X confirms as being a paranormal empathic link. The Red Skull later reveals that he had used the Cosmic Cube to create a "super-normal mental link" between Sam Wilson and Redwing.[30] Falcon later recalled the experience, stating "Hurt like hell. Being mentally fused with that falcon. Able to see through his eyes."[31]

Recently, Falcon revealed that he has been able to extend this empathic link. "I'm always psychically connected with Redwing, but through concentration I've recently tapped into another ability -- I'm able to link-up with other birds. ... I have over six billion pairs of eyes in the United States alone." He used this ability to quickly search New York City when the criminal Scarecrow kidnapped two children,[32] as well as to spy on Senator Dell Rusk (actually the Red Skull in disguise) and Henry Peter Gyrich.[33] He is also apparently able to access the memories of birds, and see things they had witnessed in the past (although birds have a different concept of the passage of time, which makes it difficult for him to know when any events they witnessed occurred).[34]

Falcon has shown some ability to apparently control birds, as shown when he enlisted their aid in attacking Scarecrow, and when (badly injured and manacled to a wall) he telepathically summoned a large number of different birds from the surrounding area to smash through a window and attack the Red Skull.

But I know I read somewhere he is no longer considered a mutant.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
And apparently I'm wrong about controlling other birds. From Wiki
In his earliest appearances Falcon exhibits a close bond with his bird Redwing, which in Captain America #174 Professor X confirms as being a paranormal empathic link. The Red Skull later reveals that he had used the Cosmic Cube to create a "super-normal mental link" between Sam Wilson and Redwing.[30] Falcon later recalled the experience, stating "Hurt like hell. Being mentally fused with that falcon. Able to see through his eyes."[31]

Recently, Falcon revealed that he has been able to extend this empathic link. "I'm always psychically connected with Redwing, but through concentration I've recently tapped into another ability -- I'm able to link-up with other birds. ... I have over six billion pairs of eyes in the United States alone." He used this ability to quickly search New York City when the criminal Scarecrow kidnapped two children,[32] as well as to spy on Senator Dell Rusk (actually the Red Skull in disguise) and Henry Peter Gyrich.[33] He is also apparently able to access the memories of birds, and see things they had witnessed in the past (although birds have a different concept of the passage of time, which makes it difficult for him to know when any events they witnessed occurred).[34]

Falcon has shown some ability to apparently control birds, as shown when he enlisted their aid in attacking Scarecrow, and when (badly injured and manacled to a wall) he telepathically summoned a large number of different birds from the surrounding area to smash through a window and attack the Red Skull.

But I know I read somewhere he is no longer considered a mutant.

I read it too after you corrrrrrrected me. A Sentinel attacked him thinking he was a mutant but that was disproved and the Sentinel is said to have been malfunctioning. You are corrrect, as per Marvel.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
Me too. I got a Spiderman and Superman complete cheap over the summer but the Spiderman needs a new suit. I would love to complete a set someday.
Sadly, you're buying them now because I suspect you were too young (if born) when they came out the first time. My brother went nuts and got me the complete set for Christmas one year.

Even Tarzan.

Who the fuck wanted Tarzan?

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I read it too after you corrrrrrrected me. A Sentinel attacked him thinking he was a mutant but that was disproved and the Sentinel is said to have been malfunctioning. You are corrrect, as per Marvel.
My mutant power is knowledge of useless comic book trivia.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Jane. Jane wanted Tarzan.

I consider Anthony Mackie the same I do Jeffrey Wright- an actor who happens to be black (though I don't consider Mackie nearly as good as Wright). Will Smith on the other hand? A black actor.

I also thought the chick who was implied to be Sharon Carter at the end of the first Captain America movie (Amanda Righetti) was also suitably attractive. Regardless, I would very much enjoy putting my nose in the hindquarters of all potential Sharon Carters.

Me too. I got a Spiderman and Superman complete cheap over the summer but the Spiderman needs a new suit.
What the hell do you do with your toys?

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
Sadly, you're buying them now because I suspect you were too young (if born) when they came out the first time. My brother went nuts and got me the complete set for Christmas one year.

Even Tarzan.

Who the fuck wanted Tarzan?
Oh no I got the Star Trek set one xmas and a POTA set another. I had the Enterprise and the Ape treehouse and all the superheroes even Tarzan, Thor, Green Goblin all worth a mint if I hadn't played the shit out of them. I bought the EMCE repro Trek and POTA a few years ago. They made Chekov and Sulu and all the originals. They only made 4 POTA Zira, Cornelius, Zaius and Soldier Ape. I'm just trying to relive my childhood. I am in my 40's.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
Oh no I got the Star Trek set one xmas and a POTA set another. I had the Enterprise and the Ape treehouse and all the superheroes even Tarzan, Thor, Green Goblin all worth a mint if I hadn't played the shit out of them. I bought the EMCE repro Trek and POTA a few years ago. They made Chekov and Sulu and all the originals. They only made 4 POTA Zira, Cornelius, Zaius and Soldier Ape. I'm just trying to relive my childhood. I am in my 40's.
I had those sets too (he really was a GREAT older brother when it came to this). Sadly, only one gorilla soldier....so the great Ape/Superhero Wars were always a little one sided.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I even bought the Mattel set from a couple years ago where they made Luthor, Darkseid, Cheetah, GL, Sinestro, Two-Face and Black Manta. I just want to collect the originals too.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I picked up the repro Enterprise from Amazon for about $20.00. Drives my kids nuts especially when they had Mego Spock on Big Bang Theory and I broke out my repro.