Movie Captain America 3: Civil War 5/6/16

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It's official!

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/4/7/22279/captain_america_to_return_to_theaters_may_6_2016

Captain America to Return to Theaters May 6, 2016

Cap's next big screen solo adventure gets a date!

Following the record-breaking premiere of Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" this past weekend, the First Avenger will jump into his next big screen solo adventure in just a little more than two years on May 6, 2016!

Before the untitled "Captain America 3" hits theaters, though, fans can next see Cap when he joins the rest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes once more in Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" on May 1, 2015

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
As I posted in the Cap 2 or Avengers 2 thread, I've seen some interesting speculation that Cap 3 will actually be a "West Coast Avengers" film, with Cap leading a team that includes Iron Patriot, Sif, Falcon, and others against the Masters of Evil. The Masters of Evil decide to go after Cap's team of Avengers because they "look weaker." Sound familiar?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
As I posted in the Cap 2 or Avengers 2 thread, I've seen some interesting speculation that Cap 3 will actually be a "West Coast Avengers" film, with Cap leading a team that includes Iron Patriot, Sif, Falcon, and others against the Masters of Evil. The Masters of Evil decide to go after Cap's team of Avengers because they "look weaker." Sound familiar?

If they dont include Vision it just wouldnt feel right.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'd still probably see Beavis first.

Of course, now those assholes are losing IMAX.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
The same source speculated that Vision would bounce back and forth between Stark's NY Avengers team and Cap's team. Don't know how that necessarily works in the movies or even if it's true.

But the speculation of two teams seems legit based on how they have published the comics for the past...jeez, 30 years? I remember buying the first issue of West Coast Avengers when it came out.

I'd still probably see Beavis first.

Of course, now those assholes are losing IMAX.
Most nerds will see both in the same weekend. If I was interested at all in seeing Beavis I would see Cap 3 at 8pm and Beavis at Midnight. This isn't about nerds, though. The general moviegoing public has way more invested in Cap and the Avengers at this point, and they will be very top of mind after Avengers 2 and a (likely) second season of Agents of _______.

Who is losing IMAX? If Beavis doesn't move and IMAX is forced to choose I would think Disney would get dibs given the new deal they just signed with them. "Don't want Cap 3? Well then I guess you don't want Star Wars 8 and Avengers 3 either. Yeah, that's what we thought."

Most likely scenario is they'd have to split the showtimes. Which of course is just another reason that Beavis will eventually move.

Last edited:

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Saaaaweeeeeet.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Who is losing IMAX? If Beavis doesn't move and IMAX is forced to choose I would think Disney would get dibs given the new deal they just signed with them. "Don't want Cap 3? Well then I guess you don't want Star Wars 8 and Avengers 3 either. Yeah, that's what we thought."

Most likely scenario is they'd have to split the showtimes. Which of course is just another reason that Beavis will eventually move.
Beavis would lose IMAX for the reason you just mentioned. I don't think I've seen split IMAX times, but I guess things can change in two years.

Dec 12, 2007
I forgot you know comics. You're a good boy.

Beavis would lose IMAX for the reason you just mentioned. I don't think I've seen split IMAX times, but I guess things can change in two years.
Just out of curiosity, how does beavis = batman vs superman?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Just out of curiosity, how does beavis = batman vs superman?
Because the Internet kept acronyming it as BvS and I kept reading BvS as Beavis (say the letters quickly if it helps).

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It happened not too long ago. I forget which movies it was.

Oh, duh. I remember now: Avengers came out on 5/4 and then Dark Shadows came out on 5/11. IMAX had contracted with WB for Dark Shadows first, so had to take half the show times away from Avengers in its 2nd week.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3442&p=.htm

So this fuck you fest between WB and Disney goes back a ways. I'm sure IMAX is begging both of them to find a compromise.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It happened not too long ago. I forget which movies it was.

Oh, duh. I remember now: Avengers came out on 5/4 and then Dark Shadows came out on 5/11. IMAX had contracted with WB for Dark Shadows first, so had to take half the show times away from Avengers in its 2nd week.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3442&p=.htm

So this fuck you fest between WB and Disney goes back a ways. I'm sure IMAX is begging both of them to find a compromise.
Okay. I misunderstood what you meant by splitting showtimes. I was thinking you meant one theater showing two movies on the same day but at different times. I remember the Dark Shadows/Avengers controversy. The IMAX near me only played Dark Shadows whereas the one in the suburbs only played Avengers. Needless to say, I'm sure the IMAX near me felt quite the fool.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Okay. I misunderstood what you meant by splitting showtimes. I was thinking you meant one theater showing two movies on the same day but at different times. I remember the Dark Shadows/Avengers controversy. The IMAX near me only played Dark Shadows whereas the one in the suburbs only played Avengers. Needless to say, I'm sure the IMAX near me felt quite the fool.
No that's what I meant. We only have one IMAX in town so they literally split the show times 2 for each movie.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I wonder if Cap 3 will deal with the death of Captain America. I think the major players in that were Crossbones (fired the shot), Winter Soldier (took over the mantle), Falcon, and Black Widow. I also think the neighbor with the pretty, pretty hair was involved too. I normally don't think much of hair, but her hair was very pretty.

Wiki Spoiler
The Death of the Dream
In the aftermath of Civil War, Captain America is taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody where he is assassinated per the order of the Red Skull. Crossbones snipes at him while Sharon Carter, who has been brainwashed by Doctor Faustus posing as a S.H.I.E.L.D. psychiatrist, delivers the killing blow. S.H.I.E.L.D. director Tony Stark and Black Widow hunt Captain America's murderers. Falcon, Captain America's old partner, follows his own leads to find the killers. Meanwhile, Bucky Barnes decides to kill Tony Stark, blaming him for Captain America's death.

The Burden of Dreams
After receiving a letter written by Steve Rogers telling him that the Captain America legacy should continue, and look out for Bucky, Stark shows Bucky Barnes the letter and proposes to make him the new Captain America. Bucky agrees on the condition that he can be an independent agent who doesn't answer to Stark, S.H.I.E.L.D., or the Initiative. The Red Skull fakes the death of Aleksander Lukin, whose mind he inhabits, begins using Kronas Corporation's vast holdings to economically cripple the United States, before having S.H.I.E.L.D. agents brainwashed by Doctor Faustus open fire on crowds of protesters in front of the White House. The Red Skull continues his assault by engineering a riot by placing Kronas security troops and drugged water in a protest on the Lincoln Monument. The Skull also kidnaps Sharon Carter, who now knows that she is pregnant with Steve Rogers' child.

The Man Who Bought America
All of the Red Skull's actions benefit his puppet politician, Gordon Wright, who quickly becomes a popular third party Presidential candidate. Once elected, Wright will lead the country directly into a police state secretly controlled by the Red Skull.

The Skull also plans to transfer his consciousness into Sharon's unborn child, apparently sired by Steve Rogers himself and potentially having inherited his Project Rebirth enhancements.

Both schemes fail because of the impatience and incompetence of the Skull's daughter — her near-fatal attack on Sharon Carter causes her to lose the baby, and she intentionally botches her pseudo-assassination of Gordon Wright by attempting to kill him in earnest. Faustus has surreptitiously tampered with Sharon's programming, allowing her to rebel, and before escaping shoots Lukin to death. Black Widow and the Falcon lead a S.H.I.E.L.D. raid at the Red Skull's compound. Most of the Skull's agents are captured. The Red Skull escapes however; his consciousness is transferred from Lukin to one of the robot bodies used by Arnim Zola.

Obviously they'd have to change things, but if they wanted to keep it close all we'd really need is about three characters.

Dec 12, 2007
I wonder if Cap 3 will deal with the death of Captain America. I think the major players in that were Crossbones (fired the shot), Winter Soldier (took over the mantle), Falcon, and Black Widow. I also think the neighbor with the pretty, pretty hair was involved too. I normally don't think much of hair, but her hair was very pretty.

Wiki Spoiler
The Death of the Dream
In the aftermath of Civil War, Captain America is taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody where he is assassinated per the order of the Red Skull. Crossbones snipes at him while Sharon Carter, who has been brainwashed by Doctor Faustus posing as a S.H.I.E.L.D. psychiatrist, delivers the killing blow. S.H.I.E.L.D. director Tony Stark and Black Widow hunt Captain America's murderers. Falcon, Captain America's old partner, follows his own leads to find the killers. Meanwhile, Bucky Barnes decides to kill Tony Stark, blaming him for Captain America's death.

The Burden of Dreams
After receiving a letter written by Steve Rogers telling him that the Captain America legacy should continue, and look out for Bucky, Stark shows Bucky Barnes the letter and proposes to make him the new Captain America. Bucky agrees on the condition that he can be an independent agent who doesn't answer to Stark, S.H.I.E.L.D., or the Initiative. The Red Skull fakes the death of Aleksander Lukin, whose mind he inhabits, begins using Kronas Corporation's vast holdings to economically cripple the United States, before having S.H.I.E.L.D. agents brainwashed by Doctor Faustus open fire on crowds of protesters in front of the White House. The Red Skull continues his assault by engineering a riot by placing Kronas security troops and drugged water in a protest on the Lincoln Monument. The Skull also kidnaps Sharon Carter, who now knows that she is pregnant with Steve Rogers' child.

The Man Who Bought America
All of the Red Skull's actions benefit his puppet politician, Gordon Wright, who quickly becomes a popular third party Presidential candidate. Once elected, Wright will lead the country directly into a police state secretly controlled by the Red Skull.

The Skull also plans to transfer his consciousness into Sharon's unborn child, apparently sired by Steve Rogers himself and potentially having inherited his Project Rebirth enhancements.

Both schemes fail because of the impatience and incompetence of the Skull's daughter — her near-fatal attack on Sharon Carter causes her to lose the baby, and she intentionally botches her pseudo-assassination of Gordon Wright by attempting to kill him in earnest. Faustus has surreptitiously tampered with Sharon's programming, allowing her to rebel, and before escaping shoots Lukin to death. Black Widow and the Falcon lead a S.H.I.E.L.D. raid at the Red Skull's compound. Most of the Skull's agents are captured. The Red Skull escapes however; his consciousness is transferred from Lukin to one of the robot bodies used by Arnim Zola.

Obviously they'd have to change things, but if they wanted to keep it close all we'd really need is about three characters.
Yeah, read skull did something to Sharons mind. They killed her captain america baby though, soooo, I guess it came out even?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
So I'm guessing Frank Grillo's character becomes Crossbones in Cap 3?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
So I'm guessing Frank Grillo's character becomes Crossbones in Cap 3?
His character name is Brock Rumlow, which is the real name for Crossbones, and they show him being sent to the hospital with severe burns/wounds but not dying at the end so I assume they have more plans for him.

Dec 12, 2007
Its like @LiddyRules said. They wouldn't have shown Grillo/Rumlow's being taken to a hospital at the end of Cap 2 if they didn't have future plans for him.
It was either pig or liddy who brought up how its kind of annoying how all the villains/heros start by knowing everyone else. There no sporadic creation of these guys and a hero comes in to stop them. It makes the world seem smaller.

Eitherway, he'd make a good crossbones. He is a cold blooded murderer.

Off-White-Power

High maintenance, low tolerance
May 12, 2007
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Quick related story. Last September my husband and I went out to San Francisco for a couple weeks so I could attend a conference. We stayed on Nob Hill at the Mark Hopkins. As we are smokers, we went outside to smoke and there was a conf of lawyers AND a conference of gynecologists at the same time. My husband and I were chatting with both groups when a guy came up to me and asked for a light. Anyway, this guy was hot as fuck and my husband understands I say inappropriate things often. Long story short, I asked the guy what he did for a living and he said he was an actor. I said "oh, that explains why you are so incredibly handsome" (I hear my husband groan in the background). I asked if he was in any movies we've heard of and he said he was going to be in the upcoming captain america movie as a (something, I can't remember the word) guard and to keep an eye out for him.

Okay, maybe not a great story but it was indeed related ...

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Quick related story. Last September my husband and I went out to San Francisco for a couple weeks so I could attend a conference. We stayed on Nob Hill at the Mark Hopkins. As we are smokers, we went outside to smoke and there was a conf of lawyers AND a conference of gynecologists at the same time. My husband and I were chatting with both groups when a guy came up to me and asked for a light. Anyway, this guy was hot as fuck and my husband understands I say inappropriate things often. Long story short, I asked the guy what he did for a living and he said he was an actor. I said "oh, that explains why you are so incredibly handsome" (I hear my husband groan in the background). I asked if he was in any movies we've heard of and he said he was going to be in the upcoming captain america movie as a (something, I can't remember the word) guard and to keep an eye out for him.

Okay, maybe not a great story but it was indeed related ...
On the bright side, now we know for sure that you're really a chick.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
The same source speculated that Vision would bounce back and forth between Stark's NY Avengers team and Cap's team. Don't know how that necessarily works in the movies or even if it's true.

But the speculation of two teams seems legit based on how they have published the comics for the past...jeez, 30 years? I remember buying the first issue of West Coast Avengers when it came out.

Most nerds will see both in the same weekend. If I was interested at all in seeing Beavis I would see Cap 3 at 8pm and Beavis at Midnight. This isn't about nerds, though. The general moviegoing public has way more invested in Cap and the Avengers at this point, and they will be very top of mind after Avengers 2 and a (likely) second season of Agents of _______.

How can you not be somewhat excited for Batman vs Superman? Granted if Cap 3 is anything like 2 it will blow it out of the water.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
How can you not be somewhat excited for Batman vs Superman? Granted if Cap 3 is anything like 2 it will blow it out of the water.
Because movies made out of spite, evny, greed, dick swinging, etc. are seldom a good idea.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Because movies made out of spite, evny, greed, dick swinging, etc. are seldom a good idea.
If we were talking X-Men Days of Future Past I would be agreeing with you.

But isn't there quite a bit of dick swinging by Marvel? Granted it's earned and it's legit because they make their movies right (minus some of the X-Men films and Thor 2)