Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Guess it's time to start a thread for Marvel's first superhero film featuring a female lead. First up, a detailed description of Larson's costume, courtesy of Nerdist:

http://nerdist.com/captain-marvel-costume-villain-footage/

We stepped into an office with walls lined with concept art from all the upcoming MCU films, but our eyes immediately went to Carol Danvers. There were only three Captain Marvel images up on the wall, but they packed quite a punch. The first two pieces of concept art featured Brie Larson in her costume, which appears to draw heavy inspiration from her classic comics suit. Though the design kept Captain Marvel’s signature eight-pointed star emblem square on the chest, its look and feel were more akin to Ant Man’s suit than Iron Man’s. Like a form-fitting armor, her suit is less spandex and more military grade, covering her whole body. Her iconic sash is more of a utility belt, favoring function over form. In the concept art she stands tall, staring off into the distance, looking hopeful but tough.
Apparently there's lots more Marvel news coming today. Yay, Marvel day!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Pigdango

Donator
No one knew of Cop Car, and now everyone's like "OMG Spider-Man's in high school! Best movie of the year!"
Well - almost everyone. Some folks are still miffed about not getting that Sinister Six movie.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
What if I skip Homecoming? What if, barring any unforeseen circumstance, I hold off for one month. If the reviews are good, I'll see it. If it's Dr. Strange level, I let it go.

Pigdango

Donator
As in viewers or directors?
I have no idea what your beef with #RealSpidey is but I will keep guessing until I find it. But there is real beef. That much I'm sure of.

Pigdango

Donator
But how great would it be to finally see the Green Goblin on screen?
Raimi did such a great job casting Norman but such an abysmal job with the costume. Probably second to Zod in terms of having the right guy in the role but still managing to get it completely wrong.

LiddyRules

I have no idea what your beef with #RealSpidey is but I will keep guessing until I find it. But there is real beef. That much I'm sure of.
I don't have beef with #RealSpidey. More like apathy. Which might be a form of chicken.

And I said on numerous occasions that I thought a Sinister Six movie was a horrible idea.

Pigdango

Donator
I don't have beef with #RealSpidey. More like apathy. Which might be a form of chicken.

And I said on numerous occasions that I thought a Sinister Six movie was a horrible idea.
Apathy wouldn't drive you to attack this movie as relentlessly as you have. There is beef. Defending Raimi? Defending Garfunkel? Defending the Sinister Six? Hating Iron Man? Don't know. But there is beef.

LiddyRules

Raimi did such a great job casting Norman but such an abysmal job with the costume. Probably second to Zod in terms of having the right guy in the role but still managing to get it completely wrong.
They tried to use some sort of 'functional' excuse (like how it was built for military purposes hence the armored suit), but you need to do a lot of stretching to explain away the mask. Though I don't know, if you're in like Fallujah and you see an army of this coming at you in the dead of night

You might be "what the fuck is going on?"

LiddyRules

Apathy wouldn't drive you to attack this movie as relentlessly as you have. There is beef. Defending Raimi? Defending Garfunkel? Defending the Sinister Six? Hating Iron Man? Don't know. But there is beef.
How do I disprove beef?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Seriously. When he is talking to himself in the mirror, he already looked EXACTLY like Goblin. A form fitting face mask would have been great.