Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

Is the woman with the one arm supposed to be an actual character in the game or to represent someone playing the game?
I believe she is the unit leader. So she tells you what to do, gives objectives, and what not. I'm just guessing but that's the impression I got from the trailer. I only watched it once to see what everyone was talking about.

No one ever complains about Laura Croft, Aloy, female guardians, women in the Division, Battlefront, etc.
Well I'm a romantic. So I do think Laura should be scrubbing a toilet and having children. LIKE SHE'S SUPPOSED TO!!!!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I believe she is the unit leader. So she tells you what to do, gives objectives, and what not. I'm just guessing but that's the impression I got from the trailer. I only watched it once to see what everyone was talking about.

Well I'm a romantic. So I do think Laura should be scrubbing a toilet and having children. LIKE SHE'S SUPPOSED TO!!!!
I've heard many times that the new Laura's boobs are not big enough, so we should be outraged.

I've heard many times that the new Laura's boobs are not big enough, so we should be outraged.
I am outraged. She needs big tits now and forever at the Winter Garden Theater.

Back to Cap Marvel for a second. Why is her hair long? I was under the impression this character was a dyke. Did they make it long to try and not turn off foreign audiences who might not view gay women with such favorability?

I stopped reading American comics when this character was introduced so I don't know anything about her.

Bobobie

It's only important to have a 3rd person view of a very Shapely ass in tight expedition shorts.

BIV

The Fuck Stick Edition doesn't come with the game.
Its part of the games code and can be accessed at anytime. All you need to do is make payments with credit card via Origin fuck stick season pass access network monthly bi-annual yearly centennial payment pilfering plan.

I hear its a good deal.

BIV

Its part of the games code and can be accessed at anytime. All you need to do is make payments with credit card via Origin fuck stick season pass access network monthly bi-annual yearly centennial payment pilfering plan.

I hear its a good deal.

And they understand that it's a little shallow on release day content, but they consider it an evolving fuckstick platform that you'll be paying for....erm....enjoying for years to come.

As an added bonus, not only will everyone who preorders the $120 Fuckstick Edition get the fuckstick, the special pre-order fuckstick skin and access to four post-release DLC updates (to be announced later), they will get to play the game early on Tuesday instead of waiting for Friday like everyone else!

And they understand that it's a little shallow on release day content, but they consider it an evolving fuckstick platform that you'll be paying for....erm....enjoying for years to come.

As an added bonus, not only will everyone who preorders the $120 Fuckstick Edition get the fuckstick, the special pre-order fuckstick skin and access to four post-release DLC updates (to be announced later), they will get to play the game early on Tuesday instead of waiting for Friday like everyone else!
Just ask this satisfied customer.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I’m enjoying the new Spider Man game until someone tells me I should be outraged about something.

Pigdango

Donator
I hear good things. Also, since when did you play vidah games?
I got a ps4 for Christmas and bought a bunch of games but haven’t played anything until now.

It’s very similar to the Arkham games but better because Spidey is better than Bats. (More powers, so more moves/variety)

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
Anybody else think she's going to start running her mouth about fans & men in film?

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
I'm not saying it can't have minorities. Many non-whites fought in WW2. I might take issue if the Shri Lanka army showed up in Germany but there is undeniable evidence that they at least fought in the war. I can't say the same for women though. I've seen no evidence that women fought on the front lines. Most famous examples of women in the war were as spies and doing underground work. The fact she has only one arm makes it even more absurd. I don't even know if they let one armed soldiers fight today.

As to weather it fun to play and if any past games had women or non whites. The last game had a black guy on the cover/first mission, and a women riding on a train or a camel or some bullshit which people also hated. I tried playing one mission after the intro with some Australian guy and got bored and never played it again. I rather play Overwatch if I was given a choice to play a first person shooter. The big Russian bitch makes me tingly in the genitals.

BTW, if you think I won't play games with "dah LAYDEEESS" (Bill Burr voice). This is what I'm currently playing.
Sombra and Mei main here. Zarya is ok, if you're into getting powerlifted and put into her Vageen with a Clit that must feel like a finger going into your pubis.

Bobobie

I’m enjoying the new Spider Man game until someone tells me I should be outraged about something.
Ready set ... be outraged! Spiderman also wears a Red White and Blue Suit now. The Damn Nazi! The fucking NYPD lover! Maaaaaahhhhhn!

They Turned Spider-Man Into A Damn Cop And It Sucks
Tom Ley
Monday 2:59pm

The new Spider-Man video game came out for PlayStation 4 last week, and I was eager to spend a chunk of my weekend playing it. Some things I immensely enjoyed during my few hours of play time: web swinging, jumping off buildings, web swinging, whispering “whoa, that looks just like the real Empire State Building,” and web swinging. One thing I definitely did not enjoy is how the game turns Spider-Man into a friggin’ cop!
Granted, I am only a few hours into the game, but so far the primary objective boils down to Help The Cops. Not just any cops, either, but the NYPD specifically, because the game takes place in a true-to-life rendering of New York City. It’s dumb to expect video games to be responsible reflections of real life, but it is also impossible, for me at least, to not feel some ickiness about the game forcing me into cahoots with even a fictionalized version of the NYPD, an organization that routinely oppresses some of the most vulnerable residents of the city I live in.

I’m not grasping for as many straws as it may appear. Spider-Man doesn’t just help the cops by catching armed robbers and putting deranged super villains in jail, he helps them maintain a high-tech, citywide surveillance network. One of the ongoing missions in the game is to have Spider-Man repair NYPD operated (and Oscorp-constructed) surveillance towers that stand atop various buildings throughout the city. When these towers are repaired they allow the NYPD to monitor all citizens within a certain radius of the tower, and for Spider-Man to get real-time updates on happenings within the city via an uplink with the towers.

This is a game mechanic that will be familiar to anyone who has played an open-world RPG in the last decade. What the towers functionally do is reveal areas of the game map to players so that they can find additional missions and collectibles. But it isn’t strictly a game mechanic, it’s also a narrative choice, and one that comes with some pretty obvious real-life parallels. The NYPD buying cutting edge equipment and software from a shady tech company owned by a billionaire with, uh, maniacal tendencies so that it can monitor and collect data on citizens is a dystopian yet sensible video game plot point. It’s also literally something that happened in the real New York City.

Spider-Man deserves better than to be allied with such forces. A big part of the character’s appeal is that he is just as much under the thumb of the city as the people he tries to help. He’s from a shattered family, he works multiple jobs, he can’t pay his bills, he’s stressed out all the time. He’s not a hero who swoops down from on high in order to save the commoners from themselves, he is a commoner. Therein rests everything that is inspiring about the character; he’s just a guy who wants to make life better for the people who are dealing with the same struggles he is.

What this new game does is put Spider-Man up on a perch where he doesn’t belong. He’s no longer performing heroic deeds out of just the goodness of his heart, but also for the purpose of solidifying the existing power structure’s grip on the city. Again, this is how the first few hours of the game works, and maybe there is a forthcoming plot twist in which Spider-Man realizes that he no longer wants to be an agent of the state. All I know is that it kind of sucks to play a game in which Spider-Man, in the process of beating up some drug dealers, taunts them by yelling, “If you just got real jobs you wouldn’t have to work so hard at being criminals!”

Ready set ... be outraged! Spiderman also wears a Red White and Blue Suit now. The Damn Nazi! The fucking NYPD lover! Maaaaaahhhhhn!

Tom Ley

The new Spider-Man video game came out for PlayStation 4 last week, and I was eager to spend a chunk of my weekend playing it. Some things I immensely enjoyed during my few hours of play time: web swinging, jumping off buildings, web swinging, whispering “whoa, that looks just like the real Empire State Building,” and web swinging. One thing I definitely did not enjoy is how the game turns Spider-Man into a friggin’ cop!
Granted, I am only a few hours into the game, but so far the primary objective boils down to Help The Cops. Not just any cops, either, but the NYPD specifically, because the game takes place in a true-to-life rendering of New York City. It’s dumb to expect video games to be responsible reflections of real life, but it is also impossible, for me at least, to not feel some ickiness about the game forcing me into cahoots with even a fictionalized version of the NYPD, an organization that routinely oppresses some of the most vulnerable residents of the city I live in.

I’m not grasping for as many straws as it may appear. Spider-Man doesn’t just help the cops by catching armed robbers and putting deranged super villains in jail, he helps them maintain a high-tech, citywide surveillance network. One of the ongoing missions in the game is to have Spider-Man repair NYPD operated (and Oscorp-constructed) surveillance towers that stand atop various buildings throughout the city. When these towers are repaired they allow the NYPD to monitor all citizens within a certain radius of the tower, and for Spider-Man to get real-time updates on happenings within the city via an uplink with the towers.

This is a game mechanic that will be familiar to anyone who has played an open-world RPG in the last decade. What the towers functionally do is reveal areas of the game map to players so that they can find additional missions and collectibles. But it isn’t strictly a game mechanic, it’s also a narrative choice, and one that comes with some pretty obvious real-life parallels. The NYPD buying cutting edge equipment and software from a shady tech company owned by a billionaire with, uh, maniacal tendencies so that it can monitor and collect data on citizens is a dystopian yet sensible video game plot point. It’s also literally something that happened in the real New York City.

Spider-Man deserves better than to be allied with such forces. A big part of the character’s appeal is that he is just as much under the thumb of the city as the people he tries to help. He’s from a shattered family, he works multiple jobs, he can’t pay his bills, he’s stressed out all the time. He’s not a hero who swoops down from on high in order to save the commoners from themselves, he is a commoner. Therein rests everything that is inspiring about the character; he’s just a guy who wants to make life better for the people who are dealing with the same struggles he is.

What this new game does is put Spider-Man up on a perch where he doesn’t belong. He’s no longer performing heroic deeds out of just the goodness of his heart, but also for the purpose of solidifying the existing power structure’s grip on the city. Again, this is how the first few hours of the game works, and maybe there is a forthcoming plot twist in which Spider-Man realizes that he no longer wants to be an agent of the state. All I know is that it kind of sucks to play a game in which Spider-Man, in the process of beating up some drug dealers, taunts them by yelling, “If you just got real jobs you wouldn’t have to work so hard at being criminals!”
God dammit @Pigdango I was having a good day too!

Pigdango

Donator

Tom Ley

Do you want me to care about this?

Pigdango

Donator
I'm interested in Spider-Man, but let's face it. I'm never buying a PS4.
It's a cool game, but I doubt I'll ever come close to finishing it. I remember playing the first two Arkham games for hours/days and then never even opened the third one.

I've been pondering the invented cycle of outrage. This guy pretends to get upset about a video game character helping cops, and people pretend to get upset because he has a strange opinion on a video game. And the majority of it is just to get clicks. And I understand that - @Neon is obligated to have an opinion on it because it's part of his responsibility to his followers to get outraged or mock those who are outraged. The weird part for me is when regular folks like @Bobobie get outraged. I guess looping regular people in is part of the cycle of outrage. Like if that guy posted that article and nobody tweeted the link or even mentioned it, it would just sit out there for a few hours and then that would be that. Why do people allow themselves to get manipulated into taking a side on one person's meaningless opinion?

Like that whole stupid thing with Battlefield. If @ruckstande lived in a media vacuum and got the game and just started playing it, he probably wouldn't have noticed or cared that there were female characters in the game. Maybe a little "sign of the times" shrug and that's it. But the people whose responsibility it is to whip people into a froth have done so and now he may not buy a game he would have otherwise enjoyed. That's just weird to me. Nothing against ruckstande in particular, it's just an example.

It's a cool game, but I doubt I'll ever come close to finishing it. I remember playing the first two Arkham games for hours/days and then never even opened the third one.

I've been pondering the invented cycle of outrage. This guy pretends to get upset about a video game character helping cops, and people pretend to get upset because he has a strange opinion on a video game. And the majority of it is just to get clicks. And I understand that - @Neon is obligated to have an opinion on it because it's part of his responsibility to his followers to get outraged or mock those who are outraged. The weird part for me is when regular folks like @Bobobie get outraged. I guess looping regular people in is part of the cycle of outrage. Like if that guy posted that article and nobody tweeted the link or even mentioned it, it would just sit out there for a few hours and then that would be that. Why do people allow themselves to get manipulated into taking a side on one person's meaningless opinion?

Like that whole stupid thing with Battlefield. If @ruckstande lived in a media vacuum and got the game and just started playing it, he probably wouldn't have noticed or cared that there were female characters in the game. Maybe a little "sign of the times" shrug and that's it. But the people whose responsibility it is to whip people into a froth have done so and now he may not buy a game he would have otherwise enjoyed. That's just weird to me. Nothing against ruckstande in particular, it's just an example.
I was annoyed because I read a gawker article (or what used to be gawker) for the first time in months.

I stopped reading the gawker game site kotaku because they do nothing but try and ruin games. RIOT games (they make Fortnite) had to hire a diversity consultant and do a ton of diversity PR because of some article kotaku did just last month.

Regarding the Spiderman article, you should check out what the writer Tom Ley looks like. He says he hates the cops but looks like a guy who would run screaming and crying to them if a black person even glanced at him.