Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Normies don't know what Skrulls are.
It's a great shot to put in the trailer for a lot of reasons, not the least of which will be people trying to figure out why she's punching a granny. Having people search out what Skrulls are in advance of your movie hopefully saves the need for a lot of exposition.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Well, fuck it. I think it looked good, I'm looking forward to the movie, and I'm not bothered that they're emphasizing the woman part. Fuck it, it's fine. We're all fine. They're allowed to acknowledge that there's a female lead in a genre where there hasn't been any yet. It's fine.

Pigdango

Donator
Higher, Further, Faster...than any Man...Maaaaan!

Pigdango

Donator
Nothing much new in the official synopsis:

Set in the 1990s, Marvel Studios’ “Captain Marvel” is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that follows the journey of Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes. While a galactic war between two alien races reaches Earth, Danvers finds herself and a small cadre of allies at the center of the maelstrom.
They have to be careful with the scale of the Kree/Skrull war on Earth. It has to be big enough for the events of the movie to matter, but small enough that it doesn't fuck up the movies that followed, specifically Phase 1 movies that make it seem like nobody on Earth has seen an alien.

There's already one line in Avengers I feel will be invalidated by this movie. When Fury tells the Avengers they are developing advanced weapons because Thor proved there were aliens.

I really hate Prequels.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Meh, preview looked okay. Not sure if I'll make it to the theater but we'll see.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
Well, fuck it. I think it looked good, I'm looking forward to the movie, and I'm not bothered that they're emphasizing the woman part. Fuck it, it's fine. We're all fine. They're allowed to acknowledge that there's a female lead in a genre where there hasn't been any yet. It's fine.
People have a right to be upset about there being a female lead. I mean its only the 4th movie out of over 40 that is about a female superhero.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
Higher, Further, Faster...than any Man...Maaaaan!
What's with the dog?

Brie Larson attractiveness joke....

No, to the left bottom. There's a dog. Or a cat. But I think it's a dog butt.

What's with the dog?

Looks like some type of gizmo gremlin animal. Probably a toy tie-in for a few extra shekels from the ladies who like stuffed animals, which is a sexist thing to do. I am personally offended.

Pigdango

Donator
What's with the dog?

That’s no dog, that’s her Flarken cat, Chewie.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I feel like there should be an Incredibles flashback scene, like with the dead cape-wearers, showing Brie being killed in a revolving door due to the length of her hair.

Unless her damned hair has Medusa powers, it's already ruining the movie for me.

Stig

Living In Your Heads, Rent-Free.
I am outraged - OUTRAGED! Captain Marvel should be a lesbian woman of color. And gender-fluid. And maybe handicapped some way. But definitely not a pretty, blond, white woman!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I feel like there should be an Incredibles flashback scene, like with the dead cape-wearers, showing Brie being killed in a revolving door due to the length of her hair.

Unless her damned hair has Medusa powers, it's already ruining the movie for me.
Short hair on a woman is an abomination of nature, so i'm willing to suspend disbelief.