Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Nothing much new in the official synopsis:

They have to be careful with the scale of the Kree/Skrull war on Earth. It has to be big enough for the events of the movie to matter, but small enough that it doesn't fuck up the movies that followed, specifically Phase 1 movies that make it seem like nobody on Earth has seen an alien.

There's already one line in Avengers I feel will be invalidated by this movie. When Fury tells the Avengers they are developing advanced weapons because Thor proved there were aliens.

I really hate Prequels.
Meh, they already Retconned that in AoS.

Just like they retconned SHIELD's origins from IM1 in several movies since.

Just assume Fury lies a lot or was using Thor as a "for example".

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
That means she's tough.

Or a terrible actress.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Trailer 2: or “The explanation why she punched that old lady.”

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
Former fighter pilots who become green-suited superheroes worked last time, so why not this time?

mascan42

I get that they have to explain to people who don't know what this movie is, but that doesn't mean making an entire trailer of clunky exposition dump.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I have even less interest after the second trailer. It almost reminds me of Green Lantern now.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
I was thinking about how important it is they get this right. If the character doesn't connect, Avengers 4 will have a much lesser impact than it ought to. And it will give much more fodder to the already expected outrage that she saves the day because woman.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I was thinking about how important it is they get this right. If the character doesn't connect, Avengers 4 will have a much lesser impact than it ought to. And it will give much more fodder to the already expected outrage that she saves the day because woman.
Larson had a good quote when Collider asked her about being the first Marvel female girl super powered woman to be the lead in a solo girl movie about a female super hero at Marvel:

"I don’t know. I don’t know how it’s any different. To be honest, I don’t want it to feel different. Kind of over the first female blah, blah, blah. And like, ‘Wow, maybe women can actually do the same things that dudes can do. Like, what a crazy concept!’ You know what I mean? I feel like the more we talk about it, the more we perpetuate the myth that it’s an impossible task. It’s like, no. If it wasn’t like that before it’s because it was wrong. That was just wrong. Now we’re just doing what’s natural."

But then you look at the way they are marketing it... I don’t know. I guess it’s really hard to figure out how to approach these things.

If it does well or doesn’t do well it should only be because of how good or bad it is, but that isn’t the world we live in right now.

The budget is $152 million, which is on the low side for Marvel movies, and certainly low for one set in space. (GotG’s budget was $175 but ballooned to $232), so Marvel doesn’t need this to do anything more than Thor the first Thor’s $450 million worldwide gross. It will surely top that based on the trailer views and this movie’s ties to Infinity War.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
If it does well or doesn’t do well it should only be because of how good or bad it is, but that isn’t the world we live in right now.
But that's far more a factor of it being tied in with the Marvel Brand/franchise than her being a woman.

Unless you mean critically.

Now I'm getting bored.