Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Update on Captain Marvel: Brie Larson is pretty:

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I admit it, I'll see this just because she's hot.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Update on Captain Marvel: Brie Larson is pretty:

I don't give a shit about this movie, but I'll open the thread every time tapatalk shows a picture of her.

Pigdango

Donator
Nick Fury is back! Guess all the other Avengers were busy...

https://deadline.com/2017/07/captain-marvel-nick-fury-samuel-l-jackson-to-return-1202124578/

Samuel L. Jackson Bringing Nick Fury To ‘Captain Marvel’

by Anthony D'Alessandro

July 6, 2017 12:11pm

Rumors began popping up on the fanboy sites over the Independence Day holiday that Samuel L. Jackson was reprising his role as Avengers architect and recruiter Nick Fury in Disney/Marvel’s Captain Marvel. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and we hear it’s true that Jackson will be making an appearance in the movie.

The last time we saw Fury was in 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron. Prior to that Fury was shot and hospitalized in 2014’s Captain America: Winter Soldier.

Marvel announced Brie Larson as Air Force Pilot Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel at last year’s Comic-Con. Half Nelson directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck boarded as directors of Captain Marvel in April. The movie, the first female-led superhero project under Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe, is scheduled for release on March 8, 2019.

Danvers debuted in 1968 as a human companion to the original Captain Marvel (the space alien Mar-Vell), the sixth character to use that title in the comics. She developed super powers of her own in a mid-’70s storyline and was given her own title, Ms. Marvel, in 1977. She was named Marvel’s official Captain Marvel in 2012 in tribute to the original, killed off via cancer in a 1982 graphic novel, with the Ms. Marvel moniker going to Kamala Khan, Marvel’s first headlining Muslim character.

Marvel would not comment on the news.

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.

Pigdango

Donator
Ok let's run down the Skrull-Vengers possibilities:

It's not going to be Stark, Cap, Hulk, Thor, Doc Strange, Ant Man, or Black Panther. Let's just get that out of the way now. Nobody that got a solo movie is going to be a Skrull.

It's also not going to be Bucky.

I do think the most likely option is Hank Pym. Not only is that comics accurate, it would make a lot of sense in universe for timeline purposes as MSM noted. They can use Ant Man and the Wasp to hint at it.

As for present day Avengers, my money is on Rhodey. He's been a sort of odd addition to movies like CvS and Infinity War, and they could even have a little fun with it by saying he got kidnapped between Iron Man 1&2 and have Stark say "I thought you looked a little different." It could also be Black Widow, which would explain why they've been so hesitant to give her a solo movie. I don't think they'd go with Hawkeye or Scarlet Witch.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Ok let's run down the Skrull-Vengers possibilities:

It's not going to be Stark, Cap, Hulk, Thor, Doc Strange, Ant Man, or Black Panther. Let's just get that out of the way now. Nobody that got a solo movie is going to be a Skrull.

It's also not going to be Bucky.

I do think the most likely option is Hank Pym. Not only is that comics accurate, it would make a lot of sense in universe for timeline purposes as MSM noted. They can use Ant Man and the Wasp to hint at it.

As for present day Avengers, my money is on Rhodey. He's been a sort of odd addition to movies like CvS and Infinity War, and they could even have a little fun with it by saying he got kidnapped between Iron Man 1&2 and have Stark say "I thought you looked a little different." It could also be Black Widow, which would explain why they've been so hesitant to give her a solo movie. I don't think they'd go with Hawkeye or Scarlet Witch.
Its Cap. They skrull fucked him in the ice.

LiddyRules

Okay, let me walk this through.

I agree. It won't be anyone with a solo film.

I don't think it's going to be Hank Pym, or if Hank Pym is one, he won't be the biggest reveal. I don't know if they want to make Michael Douglas such an important part of Infournity. When was he changed? Is Kate from Lost part Skrull? But most importantly, the BIG BETRAYAL will be the crux of the emotional heart of the movie, and I don't know if they want to give that to Paul Rudd/Scott Lang. They're going to want to give it to one of the A-team, which for simplicity sake is the original Avengers line-up.

Hawkeye - his wife is a who cares character and beyond that he has nothing. Plus the "are his kids part Skrull?!?" questions. Maybe one of his kids will be a Skrull as far as a secret invasion goes, but it won't be the big one. Maybe that's why he broke both his arms; beating up a child.
Black Window - She's the only main character I can see actually being a Skrull. Plus it'll give her character something more to do - and a Black Widow/Captain Marvel fight might be fun. But it doesn't feel right by me.
Hulk - General Ross makes sense, but he's already a dick and you can't be betrayed by a character whose character is to sell you out. So he can be one, but it won't be a shock.
Thor - Doesn't really have anyone on Earth, and I don't think we're connected to any of his crew except for maybe Stellen Skarsgard. Maybe it's Darcy and her giant titties are two Skrull heads in addition to her regular Skrull head.

But like with most of these movies, it's going to come down to Captain America or Iron Man. By which I mean, Iron Man.

Captain America - I agree with Mr. Sunday about it possibly being Agent 13. She's his "love interest," so they have a connection there, but she's a mostly pointless character who could easily never show up again. (I also agree that they have little chemistry.)

Iron Man - Pepper, Happy, or Rhodey. Pepper showing up at the end of SMH was unexpected, and I was surprised that I was glad to see her back and those two crazy kids working things out. But I don't see them making the secret Skrulls TWO underwritten love interests. I like the idea about Rhodey. He's very close to the government, very close to Iron Man, and he's never really seemed like he entirely fit in as an Avenger. Plus it's hard to think of what else they can do with him anymore. PLUS when he crashed to Earth in Civil War, he said "your human spines break like cracker'ed bread!" Or it's Happy, because I think that would be unexpected and I like the idea of making Jon Favreau the villain of the universe that he essentially kicked into gear.

Here's the big question - who's going to die? Because a major character has to die by now. All we've lost is Quicksilver and he was probably the most who-cares hero in the entire MCU. He ranks below Iron Fist. So in Inthreenity (preferably) or Infournity (last chance), one of the main characters has to die, otherwise, what's the point? (And if we're doing a Skrull invasion, Skrull Rhodey killing Pepper Potts makes sense.)

Pigdango

Donator

I don't think it's going to be Hank Pym, or if Hank Pym is one, he won't be the biggest reveal. I don't know if they want to make Michael Douglas such an important part of Infournity. When was he changed? Is Kate from Lost part Skrull? But most importantly, the BIG BETRAYAL will be the crux of the emotional heart of the movie, and I don't know if they want to give that to Paul Rudd/Scott Lang. They're going to want to give it to one of the A-team, which for simplicity sake is the original Avengers line-up.

Hawkeye - his wife is a who cares character and beyond that he has nothing. Plus the "are his kids part Skrull?!?" questions. Maybe one of his kids will be a Skrull as far as a secret invasion goes, but it won't be the big one. Maybe that's why he broke both his arms; beating up a child.
Black Window - She's the only main character I can see actually being a Skrull. Plus it'll give her character something more to do - and a Black Widow/Captain Marvel fight might be fun. But it doesn't feel right by me.
Hulk - General Ross makes sense, but he's already a dick and you can't be betrayed by a character whose character is to sell you out. So he can be one, but it won't be a shock.
Thor - Doesn't really have anyone on Earth, and I don't think we're connected to any of his crew except for maybe Stellen Skarsgard. Maybe it's Darcy and her giant titties are two Skrull heads in addition to her regular Skrull head.

But like with most of these movies, it's going to come down to Captain America or Iron Man. By which I mean, Iron Man.

Captain America - I agree with Mr. Sunday about it possibly being Agent 13. She's his "love interest," so they have a connection there, but she's a mostly pointless character who could easily never show up again. (I also agree that they have little chemistry.)

Iron Man - Pepper, Happy, or Rhodey. Pepper showing up at the end of SMH was unexpected, and I was surprised that I was glad to see her back and those two crazy kids working things out. But I don't see them making the secret Skrulls TWO underwritten love interests. I like the idea about Rhodey. He's very close to the government, very close to Iron Man, and he's never really seemed like he entirely fit in as an Avenger. Plus it's hard to think of what else they can do with him anymore. PLUS when he crashed to Earth in Civil War, he said "your human spines break like cracker'ed bread!" Or it's Happy, because I think that would be unexpected and I like the idea of making Jon Favreau the villain of the universe that he essentially kicked into gear.

Here's the big question - who's going to die? Because a major character has to die by now. All we've lost is Quicksilver and he was probably the most who-cares hero in the entire MCU. He ranks below Iron Fist. So in Inthreenity (preferably) or Infournity (last chance), one of the main characters has to die, otherwise, what's the point? (And if we're doing a Skrull invasion, Skrull Rhodey killing Pepper Potts makes sense.)
The more I think about it, the more it's definitely Rhodey. I think the Skrull in Captain Marvel will be someone who is introduced in that movie.

As for who dies - they might reveal that Rhodey was killed when he was replaced. That would be a pretty emotional moment. I don't like Vision's chances of surviving the movie. And I think it's entirely possible that Cap gets killed. And I'm not entirely sure they're going to bring any of them back to life.

LiddyRules

The more I think about it, the more it's definitely Rhodey. I think the Skrull in Captain Marvel will be someone who is introduced in that movie.

As for who dies - they might reveal that Rhodey was killed when he was replaced. That would be a pretty emotional moment. I don't like Vision's chances of surviving the movie. And I think it's entirely possible that Cap gets killed. And I'm not entirely sure they're going to bring any of them back to life.
I think you need a fresh kill on top of the Skrull reveal, and it needs to be someone more important than Rhodey. I think Thanos needs to kill an actual Avenger in 3.

Pigdango

Donator
I think you need a fresh kill on top of the Skrull reveal, and it needs to be someone more important than Rhodey. I think Thanos needs to kill an actual Avenger in 3.
With two possible replacements and Evans being the most vocal about getting out, Cap seems the most likely. No way they're killing Thor after Ragnarok has completely turned that franchise around, but I could definitely see Loki getting killed.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator

Okay, my thoughts, and they are not driven by any inside info or care, just from what I'm thinking and want...
Dead/Skrull: Ross is the Skrull, Evans dies and Winter Soldier becomes Cap.
Surprise 1: The implant Stark put into Rhodey will continue to heal him, but expand into his body and merge with the Iron Soldier armor as it is also hiding Ultron.
Surprise 2: We will see a body for Zola or M.O.D.O.K.

Wonder man and he saves/merges with Vision.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
With two possible replacements and Evans being the most vocal about getting out, Cap seems the most likely. No way they're killing Thor after Ragnarok has completely turned that franchise around, but I could definitely see Loki getting killed.
Who is going to die?- My initial thought was the character played by the actor that was ready to move on from the franchise. So apparently its going to be Captain America. Just going by Homecoming, it seems that RJD, still enjoys playing the character of Tony Stark. Although because of the piece of shrapnel in his chest, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that gets killed off.

Who is the Skrull?- It has to be someone who makes the general movie going audience go, "Oh shit!, I didn't see that coming"! So I think its a toss up between Rhodey or Agent 13.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Who is going to die?- My initial thought was the character played by the actor that was ready to move on from the franchise. So apparently its going to be Captain America. Just going by Homecoming, it seems that RJD, still enjoys playing the character of Tony Stark. Although because of the piece of shrapnel in his chest, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that gets killed off.

Who is the Skrull?- It has to be someone who makes the general movie going audience go, "Oh shit!, I didn't see that coming"! So I think its a toss up between Rhodey or Agent 13.
If we are going for the obvious here: Nick Fury as both. Both killed in movie and one reverts back to Skrull and the other will melt away as a LMD.
The not really oh fuck...
Hulk/Banner skrull..Hulk is still somewhere out in space and during a moment between Blackwidow/Skrullk, he calls her cell phone back...she turns and Skrullk knows the jig is up and kills Widow. Hulk comes back to murder charges but not before he kills Skrullk who whispers wit his last breath.."we are everywhere"...to which Hulk replies "Hail Hydra".

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator
If we are going for the obvious here: Nick Fury as both. Both killed in movie and one reverts back to Skrull and the other will melt away as a LMD.
The not really oh fuck...
Hulk/Banner skrull..Hulk is still somewhere out in space and during a moment between Blackwidow/Skrullk, he calls her cell phone back...she turns and Skrullk knows the jig is up and kills Widow. Hulk comes back to murder charges but not before he kills Skrullk who whispers wit his last breath.."we are everywhere"...to which Hulk replies "Hail Hydra".
The Hulk one is a pretty interesting concept. After all, the Avengers have no idea where he is. That would make for a pretty cool moment if Banner shows up and then gets killed and pow - Skrull. That would be a way to have a main character be a Skrull but not have been one for any of the movies. I like it.