Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Ive read this movie seems to flow a bit better on second viewing. I will definitely be seeing it at least one more time, but for now here’s where Captain Marvel sits in Piggy’s master tired list of modern Comic Book Movies:

Tier 1 - Damn near perfect, if not perfect
1) Captain America Civil War
2) Guardians of the Galaxy
3) Iron Man
4) Batman Begins
5) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
6) Logan
7) Avengers: Infinity War

Tier 2 - Really great, but there are some flaws that are hard to overlook on rewatch
8) The Dark Knight
9) Deadpool
10) The Avengers
11) Spider-Man Homecoming
12) Watchmen
13) Thor Ragnarok
14) X-Men Days of Future Past
15) Aquaman

Tier 3 - It's...fine.
16) Ant Man
17) Doctor Strange
18) Captain America The First Avenger
19) Captain Marvel

20) Wonder Woman
21) Thor
22) Black Panther
23) Deadpool 2

Tier 4 - So bad it almost makes it's way back around to being good
23) The Dark Knight Rises
24) Venom
25) Suicide Squad
26) Justice League

Tier 5 - We never HitW'ed any of them, so they can't be all that bad.
27) Avengers Age of Ultron
28) Thor the Dark Thor
29) Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
30) Incredible Hulk
31) Ant Man and the Wasp
32) Iron Man 2
33) The Wolverine
34) Iron Man 3
35) X-Men Apocalypse

Tier 6 - Irredeemably Bad

36) Batman v Superman
36) Green Lantern
37) The Amazing Spider-Man
38) Man of Steel
39) X-Men Origins Wolverine
40) The Amazing Spider-Man 2
41) Fant4stic

I didn’t get your joke, and you didn’t read the post you quoted where I said she was excellent and looked fantastic. The trailers really did her a disservice.

By the way, Deadline is reporting $20-$24 million for Thursday night. So Alita must have really made bank...
(I read what you wrote but I just wanted to make my dumb joke...Waiting for Gal Gadot, like Waiting for Godot by Samuel Becket).

I also had a "the Golden Lasso would be the perfect type of rope to hang oneself with should Gadot fail to show up" joke, but I was having trouble wording it.

Pigdango

Donator
@Bill Lehecka 's favorite reporter Scott Mendelson has pronounced the Patriarchy dead in China:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...otypes-with-34m-friday-in-china/#7bd47e2019e1

Captain Marvel got off to a heck of a start yesterday, with a whopping $34.3 million in China on Friday (counting $2.46m in Thursday midnight previews). That’s the second-biggest opening day for a comic book superhero movie ahead of Venom ($34.2m in 2018), Captain America: Civil War ($30.4m in 2016), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($33m in 2015). It is behind only Avengers: Infinity War ($71m in 2018) on that score.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
@Bill Lehecka 's favorite reporter Scott Mendelson has pronounced the Patriarchy dead in China:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...otypes-with-34m-friday-in-china/#7bd47e2019e1

Captain Marvel got off to a heck of a start yesterday, with a whopping $34.3 million in China on Friday (counting $2.46m in Thursday midnight previews). That’s the second-biggest opening day for a comic book superhero movie ahead of Venom ($34.2m in 2018), Captain America: Civil War ($30.4m in 2016), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($33m in 2015). It is behind only Avengers: Infinity War ($71m in 2018) on that score.
A bunch of bowl haircuts jacking to on-screen blonde. I think I speak for everyone when I say, "hot".

Atomic Fireball

Donator
I also had a "the Golden Lasso would be the perfect type of rope to hang oneself with should Gadot fail to show up" joke, but I was having trouble wording it.
Wait wait. How about "The Golden Lassie" - there's gold in there somewhere ...

Pigdango

Donator
https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-opening-weekend-box-office-breaks-records-1202571905/

Disney is reporting that Captain Marvel flew to $20.7M last night from shows that started at 6PM. Among Thursday Marvel previews that’s the fifth best after Avengers: Infinity War ($39M), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6M), Black Panther ($25.2M), and Captain America: Civil War ($25M).
The most relevant comparison for Captain Marvel is Doctor Strange, which made $9.6 million in it's Thursday previews on it's way to an $85 million opening weekend. I don't think Captain Marvel will double Doctor Strange's opening, but I think $150 million might be on the table.

James Woods and Jack Posobiec's call to boycott Captain Marvel in favor of Alita Battle Angel was a massive success, as Alita finished just $20.3 million behind Captain Marvel yesterday with $445 thousand, -28% from Wednesday.

Bobobie

Audience score RT 32%.
6.7 out of 10 average score from critics.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Audience score RT 32%.
6.7 out of 10 average score from critics.
That 32% must be accurate and not at all skewed by the whiny man babies upset for being called out on being whiny man babies.

Either that or whiny man babies really turned out in force last night to see the movie. So take that and our money Marvel!

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-opening-weekend-box-office-breaks-records-1202571905/

The most relevant comparison for Captain Marvel is Doctor Strange, which made $9.6 million in it's Thursday previews on it's way to an $85 million opening weekend. I don't think Captain Marvel will double Doctor Strange's opening, but I think $150 million might be on the table.

James Woods and Jack Posobiec's call to boycott Captain Marvel in favor of Alita Battle Angel was a massive success, as Alita finished just $20.3 million behind Captain Marvel yesterday with $445 thousand, -28% from Wednesday.

That's gotta be a surprise for Marvel. I don't think they expected that much.

Pigdango

Donator
I guess some schools are starting spring break next week, so this wasn't as bad a weekend to open as I thought.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
If you know your asians like I do then its no surprise at all. They LOVE anything with blonde hair.

I remember on Kurt Metzger's podcast Race Wars. There was a blonde girl comic who used to do massages. She talked about the Asian business men who would call her "blondie" and get furious when she wouldn't jack them off.

Didn't you see that RT audience score? We're still totally winning, bro.

If you like that check out the metacritic score! #HardNipples

Pigdango

Donator
I was looking at metacritic. They seem to only include the bigger reviewers and have it sitting at 66%.

Tim Pool said that there were reports that marvel made two versions of Endgame depending on how popular Captain Marvel is. One if they hate her and one if they love her. This made Brie very angry and her lawyers were fighting with Marvel for quite sometime over it.
Tim is just a reporter. One of the best out there, frankly. If anything, his sources are fools.
Yeah, about that:

I repeat - Tim Pool is a fool.

Pigdango

Donator
More than one cut of a movie is not unprecedented. You are a fool when you mess with the Pool!
The directors of the movie just debunked this "reporter" and you're still standing by him? I'll give you one thing, you're dedicated to the cause.

What exactly is the cause?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....your reporter's source is...an Endgame spoiler on reddit?

:haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7:
Lots of shit leaks on reddit. It may or may not be true. I believe it sounds true. So nertz to you sonny Jim!